Tomek`s Purple Reign

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Tomek`s Purple Reign

Post by Gorak »

About a week or two ago I recieved my first ever Stockwhip. I have used my David Morgan most of my life, along with a black swivel handle bullwhip and decided to venture out into unchartered waters. I began with a nylon cow whip which I ended up loving and then moved on to snakewhips for more practical use..ie indoors, self defense. Our own Louie Foxx made me some very nice snakewhips (one Indy style) and they are a blast...though a bit more work than what I thought.
So then I recently decided to get a stockwhip or two to add to my collection. Never used one before so I was curious as to what the difference would be with that long handle and all...especially coming from a snakewhip!
I bought one which I will talk about in a different post but I needed a nylon as I practice on a rooftop which sometimes collects water. Right about that time, our very own member Tomek presented some of his work, which I never even knew he did whips. I decided to be crazy and go for something wild. He had a 5 ft Purple and Brown Stockwhip which I could afford at the time and so I bought it.
It appears to be very well made. All the braiding is tight. Nice slow taper. Very nice weight to it, on the light side. I am not certain of the construction but I am sure Tomek can chime in if anyone asked for any details on that.It is very fast and cracks like lightening..a high pitched, snappey CRACK.
Tomek shipped it out very quickly and I had it within several days..considering it went from Poland to Texas. Overall, I am setting funds aside to purchase another whip from him as I am very pleased with his work. I had several pictures of it in action and a full review but I recently killed my phone where the pics were stored so this was the only one I had available now....
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 150526.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I believe he also has a video of himself cracking this particular whip. I am sure he can provide the link.
If anyone is looking for a good nylon whip, consider Tomek. His prices are very good and his brown Indy looks awesome.
Happy cracking......
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Tomek`s Purple Reign

Post by tomek9210 »

Thanks for review Hector! I hope it will serve you well :TOH:
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

That thing looks nice
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Looks fantastic, and I love the pun for the title of the thread :lol: . I am sure that if Prince was a whip enthusiast (he may be for all we know) this one would be in his collection.

Great stuff Tomek!

Bravo
Indiana County Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana County Jr. »

"Just want you extra time and your..... whip (karrrack!) Aiiigh!"
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Indiana County Jr. wrote:"Just want you extra time and your..... whip (karrrack!) Aiiigh!"
good one! :rolling:
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
That`s awesome.
I have a VERY diverse taste in music but have always loved Prince above all...even in his wierd confusing times...heck there wasa even a short time where he started to wear some wide-brimmed fedoras which was cool and all untill he he began putting a lace veil hanging off the brim which looked great on him but just can`t see Indy doing it.
Great whip...great musical artist.... great online club...Life is good!
:D :D