Indiana Knife

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

RaOfDa
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Indiana Knife

Post by RaOfDa »

In Raiders of the Lost Ark, the audience sees a fleeting scene with Indy sporting a knife. Anyone know who the maker/model is?
RaOfDa
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Indiana Knife

Post by RaOfDa »

Thanks TundraRaider!
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Tundy breeches!

I just ordered me one of these Linder pig stickers, RoLA style! :P

What a great idea! Now that's what we call good research! Cudos! :tup:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Bought me one that is practically brand new from coronado3 today...for $75!!!! \:D/ I'll post pics when it gets here! Man...I'm just winning the Bazaar lottery here lately!!! \:D/

Travis
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

http://indyville.fi/kuvat/hd/kam/556.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Tundrarider wrote:Welcome aboard, Ra! :D

Here is one of the more informative threads:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31593&hilit=pocket+knife

After researching the knives, I went for the Linder and it is worth every penny if you are interested in quality and longevity as well as Screen Reminiscence. :H:

Here's a pic of my Linder with some of my other gear. I absolutely love this knife! :D

Happy digging! :dig:

Michael :TOH:
Michael, your gear and photography are both something to be envied, every time!

Weston
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

+1 on that! :clap: Always good stuff, Michael.

Travis
GeordieIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by GeordieIndy »

I love my Linder knife, real nice quality and very accurate prop replica... The only thing on mine is the stag handle is quite a bit lighter than the one on screen, but apart from that it's a great addition to my collection!

GeordieIndy
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

It probably is too obsure, but does anyone know how the real knife prop was acquired? Yeah, it is only in the scene for a few seconds, but just wondered if it might have been a member of the cast or crew's knife that was borrowed for that scene, etc.? Linder is a German brand, but the knife that appears in the move looks like a vintage scout knife. The unusual features about it is the single blade and the prominant locking mechanism.
GeordieIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by GeordieIndy »

Texan Scott wrote:It probably is too obsure, but does anyone know how the real knife prop was acquired? Yeah, it is only in the scene for a few seconds, but just wondered if it might have been a member of the cast or crew's knife that was borrowed for that scene, etc.?
I'm sure there was something written about that here on COW, but it might have just been theories. Someone else might be able to remember!!

GeordieIndy
Kaplan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kaplan »

I always thought the rumor was that it was HF's knife. I've even heard people theorize that it was the knife that Debra N borrowed from HF to distress the hero jacket. I think only Harry could tell us.

Anyway, I own a Hubertus, Linder, and a Todd's. They are in that order in terms of quality. The Hubertus it truely one of the finest knives I own. The Linder is closest to what I see on screen. The Hubertus is slightly smaller than the Linder and more comfortable to carry around in your pocket. Plus the Hubertus just has this solid feel to it and many details that show its quality. I'd hate to bash the Todd's because it's so inexpensive, but you really get what you pay for.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

You know my dad always carried a folder - and I have two that he carried for years - they look almost the same as the Linder - but they're from Buck. I'm gonna look for them right now....
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

:P :whip:

Had to steal this still and make it a part of this thread:

Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

I still believe the Hubertus knife is the screen used one. :-k
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

The rivits on the screen used knife seem to line up with the Linder? Same position.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

+1 for the Linder. I think that was it.
nitzsche
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by nitzsche »

Is World Knives the only source of the Linder Stag Handle Locking Pocket Knife? Currently they are out of stock. :(
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Try this one, 12th one down:

http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/linderf.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Nice guy, owns his own small business.
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

Tundrarider wrote:BTW, the Linders (312111) are still $74.95 from World Knives. (US based company)

http://www.worldknives.com/products/lin ... -1986.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worth every penny!

Am I missing something? $74.95 for a pocket knife? How nice can it be?
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Indiana Knife

Post by lantzn »

Chewie Louie wrote:
Tundrarider wrote:BTW, the Linders (312111) are still $74.95 from World Knives. (US based company)

http://www.worldknives.com/products/lin ... -1986.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worth every penny!

Am I missing something? $74.95 for a pocket knife? How nice can it be?
No kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

I guess when you're ready to pay $500 for a pair of boots, $1,000 for a jacket and $100 for a pair of khakis, $75 for a pocket knife is just a drop in the bucket. ;) :TOH:
Bemo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bemo »

$75 is nothing in the world of custom or semi-custom pocket knives. Check out Chris Reeve knives or an Emerson folder.

I forgot about the Linder, I may have to pick one of these up. Of course, I need another knife like I need another jacket....
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

I have had the linder for a couple of years & the spring that is connected to the blade that keeps it from flopping open has broken. Does anyone know where I can send it in the USA to get it repaired or replaced? I called the guy who I bought it from in the UK & he said to send it back to Germany.

Thanx!!!
Charlie
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Tundrarider wrote: Since my gear collection will be with me the rest of my life, I was willing to pay a bit more for a high quality replica. I'm obviously glad I did. :D

Actually I agree 100% with that reasoning. You get what you pay for and top quality lasts a lifetime. I look for Made in USA first, and if there is no longer such an item, I move to the next highest quality version. I miss the days when things lasted and came as advertised. Nowadays it seems I'm always returning stuff because it's broke or mis-packaged. It's rarely right the first time. :x
Taco-Bot
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Taco-Bot »

lantzn wrote:
Tundrarider wrote: Since my gear collection will be with me the rest of my life, I was willing to pay a bit more for a high quality replica. I'm obviously glad I did. :D

Actually I agree 100% with that reasoning. You get what you pay for and top quality lasts a lifetime. I look for Made in USA first, and if there is no longer such an item, I move to the next highest quality version. I miss the days when things lasted and came as advertised. Nowadays it seems I'm always returning stuff because it's broke or mis-packaged. It's rarely right the first time. :x
You said it.
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

I started out just wanting a flap holster for my m22/M1917. The next thing I thought, “Wouldn’t it be cool to have an Indy bag and the stuff he carried in it”. This was three months ago, now all I need is a Fedora and I’ll have a complete set of gear, including a Linder pocket knife. If I ever get out of Afghanistan, I’m a contractor; I may take a couple months off and go work Hollywood Boulevard.

Cheers,
W-W