The well of souls look?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Holt
Craftsman

The well of souls look?

Post by Holt »

How many people in here like me really have a love for the dark well of souls jacket?

To me? this is THE Indy jacket. I love everything about it. The hat as well. I love it.

I am ordering one of those in either dark brown lambskin or the dark brown thin soft goatskin.

Both skins have a mid brown underbelly so when dstressed you get this unique Indy jacket look. :D

Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: The well of souls look?

Post by Ian »

My favorite look from Raiders...the jacket, the hat...everything..

So, where you getting your jacket from?

Ian
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

oh, I'm getting it from wested. it's my jacket gift from my wife. originally I was going to order a LC jacket but I am sourcing a SA lining that may take a while to get here pluss I am retouching my LC specs. so I decided to wait.
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

Cool!! Are you sticking with your Raiders spec and just changing the leather?

To me the WOS jacket look really light and almost rubbery, similar to the start of the idol grab scene but with a richer dark brown colour.....I'd really love one like that...perfect for summer wear.. :)

Have you got it on order? Can't wait to see it.

Ian
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

its a mix. it's my Holt specs pluss some new features. hopefully they will follow.
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

Or you could save a few bucks and hang out in dark alleys. That's what most of the "look" comes from. :-
O:)
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

Oh well....Holt, You might as well cancel that jacket you ordered...It seems that dark alleys are the answer... :roll:

Ian
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

.....Or buy a buy a dark seal or black jacket. My point is just to throw caution to the wind and buy whatever jacket color that pleases you. You can’t get too technical with trying to match color, as has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over.

It just becomes like chasing you tail. I realize that the fun for many is chasing their tail, and there’s nothing wrong with it. I’m just stating an alterative mind set for those that might happen upon the thread, and might appreciate the alternate view. Not everyone will appreciate the view I realize. That’s cool…..
Ian
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ian »

Rundquist wrote:.....Or buy a buy a dark seal or black jacket. My point is just to throw caution to the wind and buy whatever jacket color that pleases you. You can’t get too technical with trying to match color, as has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over.

It just becomes like chasing you tail. I realize that the fun for many is chasing their tail, and there’s nothing wrong with it. I’m just stating an alterative mind set for those that might happen upon the thread, and might appreciate the alternate view. Not everyone will appreciate the view I realize. That’s cool…..

I knew what your point was...Was just messin' :lol: I do appreciate your point..Sir.. :TOH: ...There's just something about the jacket (and hat) from that scene, whether it be the lighting or just the way it was distressed...I dunno...I've just always loved that look..If Holt thinks he's bottled it, then I wanna see. :D :D :D

Ian
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

Ian wrote:
Rundquist wrote:.....Or buy a buy a dark seal or black jacket. My point is just to throw caution to the wind and buy whatever jacket color that pleases you. You can’t get too technical with trying to match color, as has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over.

I knew what your point was...Was just messin' :lol: I do appreciate your point..Sir.. :TOH: ...There's just something about the jacket (and hat) from that scene, whether it be the lighting or just the way it was distressed...I dunno...I've just always loved that look..If Holt thinks he's bottled it, then I wanna see. :D :D :D

Ian
Very good. I was messin' too. It's sometimes hard to tell with tone. I was only trying to come off as a wisenhiemer-jerk, not a full blown "jerk" jerk. lol
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

I love the look of the jacket (and hat!) here but this was always the one scene I really don't care for in what is one of my favorite films of all time. I find that upon every viewing, from the time Indy and Marion hit the floor of the Well Of Souls I can't wait for this scene to be over and get on to the next...

I look forward to seeing your new gift!
Ravenswood
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ravenswood »

And then there was LIGHT! ;)

I know this is a little off the beaten path, but this really exemplifies one of my favorite Raiders Jacket looks...with the "sunroof" open, that brown comes shining through! :lol:

:TOH:
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Rundquist wrote:Or you could save a few bucks and hang out in dark alleys. That's what most of the "look" comes from. :-
O:)
I was going to say the same thing. Soon jackets will have to come with thier own SA lighting. ;)
Indydawg

Post by Indydawg »

Or you could find yourself a pit of vipers to jump into? :-k
:rolling:

Regards!
Indydawg
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I think it's the lighting. The Well of the Souls, and Raven Bar are my two favorite scenes from the movie, and to my eyes the jacket, even the fedora, look very much alike save the effect of the lighting (and dust!). I think what we need is a thread in which someone is able to take one jacket and subject it to numerous lighting situation to illustrate the difference lighting alone can have on the color of one jacket.

Weston
unplugged
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by unplugged »

Weston wrote:I think it's the lighting. The Well of the Souls, and Raven Bar are my two favorite scenes from the movie, and to my eyes the jacket, even the fedora, look very much alike save the effect of the lighting (and dust!). I think what we need is a thread in which someone is able to take one jacket and subject it to numerous lighting situation to illustrate the difference lighting alone can have on the color of one jacket.

Weston

I would very much like to see the results of such a thread, as would many others I think. :TOH:
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

I'd like to see that too. Lighting can improve everything; from human skin to lambskin.