US wings, import quality?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

pilgrim_in_an_unholy_land
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

US wings, import quality?

Post by pilgrim_in_an_unholy_land »

Ok, so I've seen a lot of talk on here about US wings, and their legend jacket in both the striated lamb and antiqued cow look awesome, but every time I see them discussed and admired, it's the US version. On the recent posting of Weston's striated lamb, the thread stated that the imported had a bad liner, saggy sleeves. If this is the case, how is US wings always touted? $500 plus is simply too much for a jacket IMO. The army doesn't exactly pay well, and I still have life things to take care of, so I can't justify over a $300 price tag when I have other jackets and more pressing problems. With this being the case, how is the quality of the imports really? I have a long slim physique, so a good fit is important. How would it stand up to a custom Wested (washed goat), as that's my other viable option is seems.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: US wings, import quality?

Post by scot2525 »

I think you may be confused pilgrim. Westons antique cow LEGEND is imported and the SL Legend is USA made. Weston has stated he likes certain things better on each of the jackets. To my knowledge these are the only two Legends jackets that we have seen. All of the HERO jackets that have been shown here have been imported and you will find many happy customers in the following two threads.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47398&start=0

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47570

Something else to consider, US Wings does offer discounts to all of our Armed Services members domestic and abroad.
pilgrim_in_an_unholy_land
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by pilgrim_in_an_unholy_land »

Thanks for the reply. I knew the SL legend he had was US, I didn't know he had an antique cow legend though. I noticed the lack of legend threads on here, but I didn't realize he had the only two on the site. That's definitely the pattern I would want from what I had seen. Thanks for the reply. I'll have to email sarge and look into that discount. Other thoughts are obviously welcome and appreciated.
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

I have an AC Hero jacket that is from Overseas and it is made quite well. No complaints from me.

SB
ron521
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ron521 »

To clarify just a bit:
US Wings Signature Series jackets are all made in the U.S.
US Wings Hero jackets are all imported
US Wings Legend jackets are available imported or U.S. made, at different prices.
As mentioned, Weston seems to have two Legend jackets, in different hides, one imported, one U.S. made.
Regarding quality of US Wings, the best advice I can offer is what the old ads for Packard automobiles used to say:
"Ask the man who owns one".
Many, many members of this forum own US Wings jackets and are very happy with them and have posted glowing reviews.
I have found zero flaw with my own Signature Series, and recommend it to anyone desiring a Last Crusade/Crystal Skull jacket.

US Wings also has a reputation for dealing fairly with customers, so in the unlikely event that there was some issue with your jacket, it would be a simple matter of a return/exchange.
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

To add, I have a US Wings import indy jacket from back around 2006ish and I have had no issues whatsoever with the quality or the build. It was a great investment, and I'm even wearing it as I type. :)