THIS IS IT! Raiders fedora

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

THIS IS IT! Raiders fedora

Post by Fedora »

Sorry, I had to make it silly. In fact, this isn't a Raiders fedora really. Wrong crease, not my Raiders block but an old vintage one in my stable. And, it is a reblock/upsize in beaver, black felt, iron vintage pure rayon ribbon.

Now, I took some liberties with this hat, by pulling the sweatband up into the hat, hard, to get a relaxed brim break, although the pics don't have the right angle to really show what I did. And the bright sunlight in these 102 temps we have today, washed out the color pretty well. I wanted this hat to be Indyish, but not a copy of any Indy hat specifically. Just the atmosphere was what I was after. Since the brim is 2 5/8 on the sides, I wanted the brim to eventually develop a droop, which will make the sides appear more proprotioned to the hat, after some good wear. The way I installed the sweat will assure it does morph into a drooped brim.

Croft, your hat is in the bath leeching out that shellac, so it is the next reblock/clean job on my schedule. Figured you might ask!!!! :lol: And John, I never got to post again on your own thread, that was locked, but I liked your Raiders fedora. Never too late I hope to say it. Fedora
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: THIS IS IT! Raiders fedora

Post by BendingOak »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I needed a good laugh my friend and you gave me one. thank you and thank you on the kind words on my hat. I think you are one of the few who gets my humor.

I love the look of this hat. What color is it?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

And, it is a reblock/upsize in beaver, black felt, iron vintage pure rayon ribbon.
;)

Regards! Michaelson
Joeyeah_right
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Joeyeah_right »

Steve, That is one amazing looking hat! I love the way the front of the brim droops to almost a point in the second photo. Wow! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ :TOH:

Joe
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Michaelson wrote:
And, it is a reblock/upsize in beaver, black felt, iron vintage pure rayon ribbon.
;)

Regards! Michaelson
#-o
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:lol:

Wait until you need bifocals like I do. You'll miss HALF the stuff that goes on around here! ;)

Regards! Michaelson
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Michaelson wrote::lol:

Wait until you need bifocals like I do. You'll miss HALF the stuff that goes on around here! ;)

Regards! Michaelson

Im half way there. My eye doctor gave me a choice last visit for glasses and said "if you don't mind taking your glasses off to read, you don't need progressive lenses. I told him , please lets just call them what they are ( bifocals). :lol:
Indiana Blooze
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Blooze »

Michaelson wrote::lol:

Regards! Michaelson
I' must be set. I've got bi-focal contacts and hearing aids. \:D/
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

Technically, it is a Raiders fedora! Toht wore a black hat...
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

This is IT! This is where Oakster cashed in. :P
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

My eyes couldn't take progressive lenses (I'm in the minority) so I went with the hard line bifocals. Now stuff gets lost in the space between spaces. :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Between your ears? :shock: :-k :[

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

No, that's all filled in with wax. :[
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Ah, that explains the slurred speech! :-k

Sorry I mentioned it. =;

Regard! Michaelson
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Croft, your hat is in the bath leeching out that shellac, so it is the next reblock/clean job on my schedule. Figured you might ask!!!!
Thanks Steve, I wanted to ask, but I know how busy you are. I did kinda hint on another thread and just now saw this one, glad I did. Can't wait to see how it turns out and what style you'll make of it. Don't tell me, let me be surprised.
Thanks again.

Croft :mrgreen:
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Thought I'd bump this in hopes of Steve seeing it, so hows the bath goin, just dying of curiosity to see how much trouble my lids given ya. :CR:
Also in case you miss placed my request of style, anything Raiders, well of souls, Raven, SOC, hero, truck scene, or what ever it screams atchya. :lol:

Croft :mrgreen: