Questions on upcoming USWings releases

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Sgt.
Vendor

Re: Show us your US Wings New Zealand lamb jackets

Post by Sgt. »

Dana Powers wrote:Hi Guys,
I bought a Wested Raiders jacket a while back.
I just bought the US Wings Antique Cow and absolutely love it.
I left the snaps on because it was suggested that this jacket would make a nice Last Crusade jacket.
I am loving the New Zealand Lamb jacket and I am wondering if this one would make a good Raiders jacket that I would get without the snaps or would I get it with snaps and I would have 2 Last Crusade Jackets.
Also what about the Striated Lamb or Calf jackets?
Is there going to be any difference between the jackets?
I want a nice Raiders style jacket.
At this rate I will have 4 nice Last Crusade jackets.
Any advice on the jackets?
Also any TOD style jackets in the future?
Thanks
-Dana Powers
Tilton, NH R2-D2 Builder
http://www.R2-D2Builder.com
Now for the rest of the story...Take the snaps off and adjust the yoke and it is a dead ringer for the Raiders... All I did was take Neils Pattern and a Indy Jacket he gave me in 1986 and made a very few little changes for the open Market I did this on the Indy Hero Cow and used the same pattern for the Indy Hero Lightweight Lamb I and Neil Cooper will be making all four of them to spec. along with Indy Holt.. Our number one will be made out of Calf and it will be the Raiders by Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc.
Sarge
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Sgt. wrote: Our number one will be made out of Calf and it will be the Raiders by Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc.
Sarge
That is music to my ears :)

-KB :D
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Sgt. wrote:Now for the rest of the story...Take the snaps off and adjust the yoke and it is a dead ringer for the Raiders... All I did was take Neils Pattern and a Indy Jacket he gave me in 1986 and made a very few little changes for the open Market I did this on the Indy Hero Cow and used the same pattern for the Indy Hero Lightweight Lamb I and Neil Cooper will be making all four of them to spec. along with Indy Holt.. Our number one will be made out of Calf and it will be the Raiders by Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc.
Sarge
Now will this new Raiders jacket by Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc. be a replica of the screen jacket (details and all; like the Nowak jackets) or will it be with the modifications etc that we see on the current Wings jackets? Just wondering... cause if its a screen replica, I'll be down as long as sizing fits my 38" chest with 26" arms and a short back and longer 23" storm flap ;) ;) Any info is appreciated.
sharkboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by sharkboy »

I think the cut will be great regardless. I would just love to see a sample of this Striated lamb leather \:D/
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

TheExit148 wrote:
Sgt. wrote:Now for the rest of the story...Take the snaps off and adjust the yoke and it is a dead ringer for the Raiders... All I did was take Neils Pattern and a Indy Jacket he gave me in 1986 and made a very few little changes for the open Market I did this on the Indy Hero Cow and used the same pattern for the Indy Hero Lightweight Lamb I and Neil Cooper will be making all four of them to spec. along with Indy Holt.. Our number one will be made out of Calf and it will be the Raiders by Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc.
Sarge
Now will this new Raiders jacket by Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc. be a replica of the screen jacket (details and all; like the Nowak jackets) or will it be with the modifications etc that we see on the current Wings jackets? Just wondering... cause if its a screen replica, I'll be down as long as sizing fits my 38" chest with 26" arms and a short back and longer 23" storm flap ;) ;) Any info is appreciated.
It will be the same Pattern as what Neil Cooper made and supplied George Lucas when the Raiders Movie was made! The Jacket will be made by Neil Cooper out of the US Wings Inc. Factory with a letter of Authenticity sign by Neil Cooper.

Sarge
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Sgt. wrote:
Indyzane wrote:Hey Sarge can we order these Lamb jackets with no snaps?
I will answer both questions.. I will keep the price for COW members for at least a year ! Yes you can order them now without snaps...However I am making them and it takes at least 21 days ! You know Who wanted snaps .. Not me.. But how could I say no to my good friend M.
In three weeks or so I will have them without snaps and BTW longs also.
Oh this Jacket really brings out your Personality !!
Sarge
Hey Sarge, what is the production level like for the sizes? I'm interested in getting a XL long and was wondering if you run out of stock within the year, will you make more and restock it or will that be it? Thanks, you're the best! :TOH:
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

Sgt. wrote:
TheExit148 wrote:
Sarge
It will be the same Pattern as what Neil Cooper made and supplied George Lucas when the Raiders Movie was made! The Jacket will be made by Neil Cooper out of the US Wings Inc. Factory with a letter of Authenticity sign by Neil Cooper.

Sarge
AWESOME! :tup: :tup:
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

JC1972 wrote:
Sgt. wrote:
Indyzane wrote:Hey Sarge can we order these Lamb jackets with no snaps?
I will answer both questions.. I will keep the price for COW members for at least a year ! Yes you can order them now without snaps...However I am making them and it takes at least 21 days ! You know Who wanted snaps .. Not me.. But how could I say no to my good friend M.
In three weeks or so I will have them without snaps and BTW longs also.
Oh this Jacket really brings out your Personality !!
Sarge
Hey Sarge, what is the production level like for the sizes? I'm interested in getting a XL long and was wondering if you run out of stock within the year, will you make more and restock it or will that be it? Thanks, you're the best! :TOH:
As long as I can get and make the leather I will supply the Fans!
Sarge
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

Sarge
:o :shock: =P~ ](*,) \:D/ :clap: :TOH: :tup:

Sgt. Hack.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sgt. Hack, if I read correctly, you, Neil Cooper, and COW member and moderator "Indiana Holt", will collaborate in producing jackets from ALL FOUR Indiana Jones movies?!?
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Sgt. wrote:
TheExit148 wrote:
Sarge

Sarge
I just changed my mind on my next jacket purchase. I am still anxiously awaiting the New Zealand lamb jacket that should arrive tomorrow, UPS called today to confirm delivery. Pics will be posted tomorrow. :TOH:

If US Wings and Neil Cooper are going to offer the Raiders jacket as Sarge describes this could be "THE JACKET."
Rick Deckard
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Rick Deckard »

Sarge
Guess who's going to be getting another jacket when this one comes out! :H:
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

When is the Neil Cooper jacket supposed to happen? That one sounds like the one to me...
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

This fall.
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

scot2525 wrote:
Sgt. wrote:
TheExit148 wrote:
Sarge

Sarge
I just changed my mind on my next jacket purchase. I am still anxiously awaiting the New Zealand lamb jacket that should arrive tomorrow, UPS called today to confirm delivery. Pics will be posted tomorrow. :TOH:

If US Wings and Neil Cooper are going to offer the Raiders jacket as Sarge describes this could be "THE JACKET."
Oh that is a fact!!
Sarge
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Just when you thought it was safe to stop buying Indy jackets...

Sarge comes along and announces the ultimate Raiders jacket! :shock:

I've got to make some room in the closet...
Yojimbo Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Yojimbo Jones »

:clap: :clap: :clap: That's SO COOL! Ok, NOW I'm excited about this - I've wanted a super=accurate ToD for ages.

So just to clarify, does this mean that we'll finally have a completely screen accurate TEMPLE OF DOOM jacket without any mods, and WITH the right hardware?

Holt, what role are you playing in this awesome turn of events?
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Where does it say anything about a Temple of Doom jacket? :? I just see 'Raiders'...
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Kevin Anderson wrote:Where does it say anything about a Temple of Doom jacket? :? I just see 'Raiders'...

Further up in the thread

Here it is: (bolding mine)

Sgt. wrote: Now for the rest of the story...Take the snaps off and adjust the yoke and it is a dead ringer for the Raiders... All I did was take Neils Pattern and a Indy Jacket he gave me in 1986 and made a very few little changes for the open Market I did this on the Indy Hero Cow and used the same pattern for the Indy Hero Lightweight Lamb I and Neil Cooper will be making all four of them to spec. along with Indy Holt.. Our number one will be made out of Calf and it will be the Raiders by Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc.
Sarge
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Ah! Seems I didn't read the whole thread properly. Very good then! :TOH:
Maybe Holt could at last reveal his mystery source for his Last Crusade jacket specs too... :lol:
Bemo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Questions on upcoming USWings releases

Post by Bemo »

Thought I'd start a new thread for questions on the upcoming USWings jackets. There were a couple of big announcements in the NZ Lamb thread that have me almost apoplectic and confused (not a good combination). Where to start. O.k. so new jackets will be released to cover all 4 movie jackets? Including a TOD? AND a RTL that will be made in calf from Neil Cooper's original patterns?

O.k. I've roasted some Guatemala Fraijanes to a nice Full City+ and will have it at the ready.....
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Questions on upcoming USWings releases

Post by Kentucky Blues »

I think this thread is a good idea, as the majority of that other thread already has nothing to do with it's subject. I don't question too much, as it seems one of the new offerings is going to be perfect for me as is :lol: And to be honest, I myself can't quite answer the question you've posted, because I'm unsure myself. Maybe this thread can turn into THE thread for the new fall line-up :)

-KB :)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

just wondering here..

could someone with a MEDIUM do me a favor?

zipp the jacket up and measure the yokeseam to yokeseam across back for me.
half shoulder aswell.

thanx. :TOH:
Dana Powers
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dana Powers »

Sgt. wrote:
I left the snaps on because it was suggested that this jacket would make a nice Last Crusade jacket.
I am loving the New Zealand Lamb jacket and I am wondering if this one would make a good Raiders jacket that I would get without the snaps or would I get it with snaps and I would have 2 Last Crusade Jackets.
Thanks
-Dana Powers
Tilton, NH R2-D2 Builder
Now for the rest of the story...Take the snaps off and adjust the yoke and it is a dead ringer for the Raiders... All I did was take Neils Pattern and a Indy Jacket he gave me in 1986 and made a very few little changes for the open Market I did this on the Indy Hero Cow and used the same pattern for the Indy Hero Lightweight Lamb I and Neil Cooper will be making all four of them to spec. along with Indy Holt.. Our number one will be made out of Calf and it will be the Raiders by Neil Cooper and US Wings Inc.
Sarge
Sarge,
So are you saying that I could buy the new zealand jacket now without the snaps to use as a raiders jacket. Then you will be making the new jackets and they will have no snaps and the yoke will be fixed on them. Then I can buy the new raiders jacket in calf. I don't want to keep buying jackets if I don't have to. Even though I probably will since they are beautiful jackets.
-Dana Powers
Tilton, NH R2-D2 Builder
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Yojimbo Jones wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: That's SO COOL! Ok, NOW I'm excited about this - I've wanted a super=accurate ToD for ages.

So just to clarify, does this mean that we'll finally have a completely screen accurate TEMPLE OF DOOM jacket without any mods, and WITH the right hardware?

Holt, what role are you playing in this awesome turn of events?
Just to make things clear... We came out with the Indy Hero Cow!! Very well received world wide We also have the Indy Hero Lamb again very well received world wide Now comes the rest of the story.. Neil Cooper and US Wings are making all four Indiana Jones Jackets from each movie 100 % accurate.
US Wings and Neil Cooper together have been making Indy Style Jackets since 1985 for the world market.. before that Neil Cooper under contract with George Lucas did make the Indiana Jones Jackets for the First Indy Movie.. Michaelson has been telling this to all the Fans for years.. Hello!!! Now we will realease the Neil Cooper line. 100 % accurate.Neil and I have always been there together....The fuuny thing over the years all of US Wings Jackets have been Neils Patterns.. Neil and I just changed them a little for the world market!!
Michaelson talked me into making all four Indy Jones Jackets by Neil Cooper with the help of IndyDawg and Indiana Holt... Like the Hero line.. COW members will come first.
Sarge
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Dana Powers wrote:
Sgt. wrote:
Thanks
-Dana Powers
Tilton, NH R2-D2 Builder
Sarge
Sarge,
So are you saying that I could buy the new zealand jacket now without the snaps to use as a raiders jacket. Then you will be making the new jackets and they will have no snaps and the yoke will be fixed on them. Then I can buy the new raiders jacket in calf. I don't want to keep buying jackets if I don't have to. Even though I probably will since they are beautiful jackets.
-Dana Powers
Tilton, NH R2-D2 Builder
I am now making the Hero Cow and Hero Lightweight Lamb without snaps plus I am making them in longs.. about 21 days out.. At no extra charge! The Neil Cooper Raiders Calf will be the first of four jackets made for each Indiana Jones Movie.. Per request of Indiana Holt they will be called Indy Jackets 123and 4.
BTW the Indy Hero Line is Neil Coopers pattern with a few little changes for the world market and yes the pattern is from the the Raiders .. with street changes. the 123and 4 will not have any changes and 100 % to each Indiana Jones Movie.
Sarge
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

camera is fixed and here it is.

my HERO jacket size Large.

I can tell that this IS a raiders cut. you can just tell from my pictures. it fits just like the raiders fits on Ford.

now, with the snaps and the 'Last Crusade collarstand' pluss the BIG collar mixed with the low yoke, D-rings, chunky pocket flaps, perfect LC straps and all that cut in this warm brown naked cowhide, this turns into an Last Crusade jacket instantley. the 'body cut' is still raiders but with those mentioned features it becomes an LC without a doubt!

well here it is. check it out!

Raiders fit.

and check out the LC wibe...

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Kentucky Blues wrote:I think this thread is a good idea, as the majority of that other thread already has nothing to do with it's subject. I don't question too much, as it seems one of the new offerings is going to be perfect for me as is :lol: And to be honest, I myself can't quite answer the question you've posted, because I'm unsure myself. Maybe this thread can turn into THE thread for the new fall line-up :)

-KB :)
No question about it Kentucky Blues... It will be a Fall release with no outside changes to each pattern what so ever. Indiana Holt will give the releases dates after each jacket is made By Neil Cooper!
Neil Cooper will have the final word on each release date pattern and Price ! Neil Cooper LLC and US Wings Inc. will be a 50 50 Partnership.
Sarge
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

ProfessorHenryWJonesJr wrote:

Sarge
:o :shock: =P~ ](*,) \:D/ :clap: :TOH: :tup:

Sgt. Hack.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Sgt. Hack, if I read correctly, you, Neil Cooper, and COW member and moderator "Indiana Holt", will collaborate in producing jackets from ALL FOUR Indiana Jones movies?!?
Yes.. and I doubt you will ever see Neil answering any Threads!!I have known and done business with Neil and His Family for a very long time and Know Him well! He knows the business inside and out and not much on small talk.
Sarge
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indiana Holt wrote:camera is fixed and here it is.

my HERO jacket size Large.

I can tell that this IS a raiders cut. you can just tell from my pictures. it fits just like the raiders fits on Ford.

now, with the snaps and the 'Last Crusade collarstand' pluss the BIG collar mixed with the low yoke, D-rings, chunky pocket flaps, perfect LC straps and all that cut in this warm brown naked cowhide, this turns into an Last Crusade jacket instantley. the 'body cut' is still raiders but with those mentioned features it becomes an LC without a doubt!

well here it is. check it out!

Raiders fit.

and check out the LC wibe...

WOW... You are a class act! How about sending those files to ghakiyama(at)gmail(dot)com
Looks like another James Dean in the Making and I know what I am talking about!
Sarge
Last edited by Sgt. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

HAHA!!!! LOL! Thanks!

sure, Ill send them.

Sarge, you have a pm waiting. ;)
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

Can't get any more clear than that! Very cool.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Exciting times indeed!
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

It is indeed EXCITING TIMES to be an Indy Fan! \:D/
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Hear Hear!

(And next year is Raiders' 30th Anniversary, too)...
\:D/

Good times, folks...
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Mitch LaRue wrote:Hear Hear!

(And next year is Raiders' 30th Anniversary, too)...
\:D/

Good times, folks...
Well said!
Sarge
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

So, If I got this right, there will be an authentic Neil Cooper Raiders jacket coming out!
With all the correct specs?!? :o

That's it, I'm saving my pennies as of this moment forward!!!!!!!!! \:D/
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

That what we hear, complete with a COA signed by Neil Cooper.

Regards! Michaelson
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

This is great news! :D
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Wow sarge maybe you should sell a package deal with all four Indy jackets!? I'm not saying give us a bigger discount but maybe where we can just pay ahead for all jackets when there done they ship out to us? Just a thought not telling you what to do just thinking out loud. Love these new jackets!
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Indyzane wrote:Wow sarge maybe you should sell a package deal with all four Indy jackets!? I'm not saying give us a bigger discount but maybe where we can just pay ahead for all jackets when there done they ship out to us? Just a thought not telling you what to do just thinking out loud. Love these new jackets!
Oh there is no doubt in my Military mind I will make sure all the COW members are taken care of... "There will be no over priced Jackets sold to COW members."
Now for some other good news.. We are now making XS in the Hero Cow and Hero Lightweight Lamb with and M. hear this.. Without snaps... Should have them in hand in about 21 days.( per request of Indy Holt !)
Sarge
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

kwad wrote:So, If I got this right, there will be an authentic Neil Cooper Raiders jacket coming out!
With all the correct specs?!? :o

That's it, I'm saving my pennies as of this moment forward!!!!!!!!! \:D/
Yes that is correct!
Sarge
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

For those of us saving pennies, do we know a price point on these "Screen Accurate" Cooper models yet?

Travis
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Hollowpond wrote:For those of us saving pennies, do we know a price point on these "Screen Accurate" Cooper models yet?

Travis
Not as much as you think and that is for sure!!Neil knows how I feel about COW members.. M. Indy Dawg and Indy Holt will set the price for COW members.
Really these jackets are for the Fans and they will be Screen Accurate and US Wings Nor Neil Cooper will take advantage of any customer and you have my word on that one!
Regards,
Sgt. Hack
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Sgt. wrote:
Hollowpond wrote:For those of us saving pennies, do we know a price point on these "Screen Accurate" Cooper models yet?

Travis
Not as much as you think and that is for sure!!Neil knows how I feel about COW members.. M. Indy Dawg and Indy Holt will set the price for COW members.
Really these jackets are for the Fans and they will be Screen Accurate and US Wings Nor Neil Cooper will take advantage of any customer and you have my word on that one!
Regards,
Sgt. Hack
Sarge, do you know what hides will be released for each movie's jacket? Would it be only one hide or more than one per movie?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

The Raiders will be in striated Lambskin and calfhide.

thats what I know for now.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Indiana Holt wrote:The Raiders will be in striated Lambskin and calfhide.

Eric, I didn't realize the upcoming calf was going to be Raiders and I forgot that the striated lamb was. My bad :oops: And thanks! :TOH:
Indyzane
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indyzane »

Indiana Holt wrote:The Raiders will be in striated Lambskin and calfhide.

Ok stupid question I'm a little slow. ](*,) Raiders will be made with two leathers?
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

I believe thats the idea, zane. We''ll have two leathers to choose from, or two leathers to enjoy (depending on whether you can stop at one jacket :lol:). I'm looking forward to calfskin myself :)

-KB :D
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

Looking foreward to seeing the new fall line.