Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

kobol
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Wested Doctor Who Das Boot Coat

Post by kobol »

Good Day All,
I just wanted to share a couple of quick pics of my new Wested Doctor Who / Das Boot coat. I know it's not quite Indy, but perhaps the sub-commander had one on when Indy hitched a ride in Raiders. It was ordered as a size large in dark brown horse. In looking over this jacket closely, I must say Wested did a fine job in making this coat. The turn around wasn't bad also. I ordered on Dec. 31 and received the jacket today on Jan. 26. For the moment I'm very pleased. This is my second horse from Wested, the first was a Raiders Jacket that has been wearing very well now for over a year and a half.
Sorry in advance for the photo quality, they were quickly shot from my cell phone.

crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Wested Doctor Who Das Boot Coat

Post by crismans »

Looks very nice. How much does that baby weigh? I've got a Wested Raiders in horse and it's a pretty heavy jacket as far as these things go.
IndyFalco
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyFalco »

I've been eyeing that garment for awhile now!!! It looks great.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

That has always been one of the more impressive offering coming out of Wested over the years. VERY nice jacket. :M: :tup:

Oh, and like you say, though this appears 'OT', we've allowed these discussions as the jacket comes from Wested, and the sub used in Das Boot was the very same sub used in Raiders....so it all connects. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

Michaelson wrote:That has always been one of the more impressive offering coming out of Wested over the years. VERY nice jacket. :M: :tup:

Oh, and like you say, though this appears 'OT', we've allowed these discussions as the jacket comes from Wested, and the sub used in Das Boot was the very same sub used in Raiders....so it all connects. ;)

Regards! Michaelson

...So I guess all roads lead to Raiders...
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

" Who Das say Who Das "............ie bet it will be big in New Orleans.... ;)
kobol
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by kobol »

The jacket does weigh a little more than my Wested Raiders, but nothing I find personally uncomfortable. Actually the weight and feel of the leather make it seem like a very durable choice. Only time will tell. So far, my experience with Wested has been great.

Thanks for the info on the sub, Michaelson. I learn something new everyday.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

whipcracker wrote:
Michaelson wrote:That has always been one of the more impressive offering coming out of Wested over the years. VERY nice jacket. :M: :tup:

Regards! Michaelson

...So I guess all roads lead to Raiders...
In THIS case.....yes. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

Look great! Makes me want one... :-
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

Looks good! Can you get some pics outdoors in natural light?
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

I have one as well...pre-distressed cow! I love that garment! Wear it a great deal of the time! Looks good with all types of hats from fedoras to Irish wool hats and many, many more. It is a great product! And, very well constructed! W>
AdaminNYC
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by AdaminNYC »

I got one of these. It is a very cool coat, but I should mention it is the opposite of warm. If anything, it almost seems to channel cold to your skin faster than if you were wearing nothing. I'm often amazed at how it fails to keep me warm.
It is a cool style, though, and not something you see often in the US. I've only had it identified once as a nazi coat, which was embarassing, given my Jewish heritage.
kobol
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by kobol »

Yesterday, a couple did walk by and stopped to say "Guten Morgen" while at the bus stop. I'm not sure if they recognized the jacket as German which prompted the greeting or not. We do get a few tourists here in Seattle.
I am enjoying wearing this coat. It's been a nice break from my "Raiders" jacket that I have been wearing for years now. And I think it goes well with my AB. I'll try and see if I can get some natural light pictures over the weekend.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

That is a very cool coat!
Now all you need is a sonic screwdriver to keep in the pocket!

Does anyone know if the coat used in the filming of Doctor Who was made by Wested?
I see alot of nice leather jackets in that show and always have to wonder if they were made by Wested.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

kwad wrote:That is a very cool coat!
Now all you need is a sonic screwdriver to keep in the pocket!

Does anyone know if the coat used in the filming of Doctor Who was made by Wested?
I see alot of nice leather jackets in that show and always have to wonder if they were made by Wested.

The Dr Who TV coat was vintage. They only had one.

Wested made a copy of the Das Boot coat and changed that pattern to make it like the Who coat. It is generally held that the company Bad Wolf make the best copy but it's expensive.

I remember the West German police wearing them into the 1980's - used to be able to buy them at surplus stores for about $20. They were always too heavy for my taste.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

The only one that I have confirmation that they did make in the new show was the one worn by Davros!

I have my suspicions that Martha's jacket may have come from them to as they have a few in the shop in a very similar design and colour.

Currently they have a waxy black cowhide that is fantastic in the DW. But I think he only has a limited amount of hide for it.
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

Love the jacket! I recently started watching the Doctor Who series via Netflix and had gotten the urge to get one.

However, I don't know if I could pull it off.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

CM wrote:.........

I remember the West German police wearing them into the 1980's - used to be able to buy them at surplus stores for about $20. They were always too heavy for my taste.
Their's were green though were they not??
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

RCSignals wrote:
CM wrote:.........

Their's were green though were they not??
Yes there was a bottle green and (i think) a kind of red/brown one. At any rate, there were a couple of choices.