Help with Holster Please

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Stefan Hills
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Help with Holster Please

Post by Stefan Hills »

Could someone who has a Noel Howard Holster please post a picture of the back the holster. The reason I ask is because though the IMA replica Holster is good value for money, where the belt loop is pleaced is wrong hence, the holster does not hang right and swings around. I know LK holster hangs correctly and hoping that Noel's version does as well as I am thinking of getting his LC holster. It is a little too completed to explain this to him on the phone because a simple picture really says a million words.

Many thanks for at least looking
Stefan
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

Not to be nitpicky ... but it's not "wrong." The reason for the angled placement is to make it easier to take out the revolver. It's very cumbersome pulling a large frame gun like the Webley straight up. Especially, when your holster is on a Sam Browne belt at your waistline. Indy wears his looser and lower than the average British soldier. Hence the modification in ROTLA which seems to be based on the Webley style but is a completely custom made holster. I don't think they modified the beltloop in TOD and LC from pics I've seen ... but I could be wrong. They look like regular issue Webley holsters to me.
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

Yes, I believe in ToD and LC they did use regular issue Webley holsters. The reason being is because they did tilt a little bit unlike the Raiders holster. The tilt was unique to the 6 inch Webley holster.
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I too have the I.M.A holster. Let me say that this holster is very well-made and well worth purchasing. I'm not "too" picky when it comes to the "tilt" of the holster. For me, I'm primarily concerned with having an accurate LC "Holster" whether or not it tilts on me or not. In fact, even if the holster didn't tilt as much in LC, as long as I have the "look" + if it tilts, it that makes it that much more "historically" accurate and therefore it gives it more of an "Indy-like" time period to go on...1930 / 1940 era.

Just my .02 but keep us updated on your holster and happy holster hunting!
Captain D
Lee Keppler
Vendor

Post by Lee Keppler »

I know that Noel's Raiders holster hangs straight, so presumably his LC would also. Also, I'm not sure about the TOD holster, but the LC holster is not Military issue. A friend that used to work in the archives saw the words" Ted Blocker's Holsters" imprinted in the leather. Now, before everyone drives them crazy, they are under new ownership. Years ago I spoke with Ted's son Ken and he said they didn't have the pattern for it , but they did indeed supply them for Last Crusade. Gee, I wonder who retained the pattern? I bet it starts with "L"!
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

AHA! MORE evidence of the secret conspiracy! :wink:

Seriously, a while back there was a holster on eBay that claimed to be a prop from LC but it was way out of my price range. I wonder if it was one of these? It just looked like the 1917 holster I already own. High strap and the extra tab and hook on the beltloop. :?: