Buyer's remorse..

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Buyer's remorse..

Post by blueoakleyz »

I'm kind of having buyer's remorse. I love my jacket. I love owning a real leather jacket.

It just meant that I didn't have much reason to come here anymore.

I'm starting to think I should buy one every 3 months heh just so I could have that new jacket feeling again..
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Buyer's remorse..

Post by crismans »

I have to watch myself or I start thinking about the next one before I've taken time to fully enjoy the last one.
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

I'm good with my gear now, but I still enjoy reading other's experiences here, and trying to help with suggestions or advice when I can. I do have to watch that occasional feeling of lack that comes over me when I see the newer stuff. The present state of my stock portfolio has been of great "assistance" in helping me resist the temptation to buy new gear, though. :-0

Jack
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

crismans wrote:I have to watch myself or I start thinking about the next one before I've taken time to fully enjoy the last one.
Well, I for one would really be worried for you if you stopped thinking about the next one before you took time to fully enjoy the last one.

;) :H:
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

I'm fine with fedoras right now. I curbed my absolute NEED that I had to buy one that was 100% screen accurate for like $400 etc..

Except it's always off center and won't go to center like I want it too grr
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

come for the gear, stay for the people.
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

It's kinda like Carrie Bradshaw and shoes... :shock:
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

RCSignals wrote:
crismans wrote:I have to watch myself or I start thinking about the next one before I've taken time to fully enjoy the last one.
Well, I for one would really be worried for you if you stopped thinking about the next one before you took time to fully enjoy the last one.

;) :H:
To be honest, I would be worried about myself. ;)
enigmata_wood
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by enigmata_wood »

now the fun really begins, you take it out on adventures and look forward to telling us about that instead
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I think blueoakleyz is just confusing a feeling of 'remorse' with the 'urge' to buy another leather jacket to keep his first leather jacket company ;)
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

my wallet won't let me buy one right now and I really want one :(
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Visa
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

What amazes is that just several months ago, there was all this uproar about the release of Tony Nowak's $1,000 Shrunken lamb jacket (and several months prior to that, the $700 CS jacket). Now, in this screwed-up economy, guys are buying Nowaks left and right and posting them in this forum faster and with much more frequency than any Wested, Todd's or G&B. Go figure..... :-k
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

Getting my second jacket was just as enjoyable as my first. I was lucky enough to visit Peter both times.

Crazy cheap too, I won't be selling them, ever.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

PSBIndy wrote:What amazes is that just several months ago, there was all this uproar about the release of Tony Nowak's $1,000 Shrunken lamb jacket (and several months prior to that, the $700 CS jacket). Now, in this screwed-up economy, guys are buying Nowaks left and right and posting them in this forum faster and with much more frequency than any Wested, Todd's or G&B. Go figure..... :-k
That's how you get OUT of a 'screwed up economy'. You spend money to get it moving again... ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Michaelson wrote:
PSBIndy wrote:What amazes is that just several months ago, there was all this uproar about the release of Tony Nowak's $1,000 Shrunken lamb jacket (and several months prior to that, the $700 CS jacket). Now, in this screwed-up economy, guys are buying Nowaks left and right and posting them in this forum faster and with much more frequency than any Wested, Todd's or G&B. Go figure..... :-k
That's how you get OUT of a 'screwed up economy'. You spend money to get it moving again... ;)

Regards! Michaelson
How's that old saying go........" Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door "..... :- :lol:............and that was something as small as a mousetrap......this is REALLY IMPORTANT...accurate Indy jackets... :lol: :whip:
your ghost host
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by your ghost host »

given my age I had to work real hard to get one wested and you guys are talking about buying one right after you just bought one :o no fair :cry:
(that is one way out of this economy thing :M: )
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

If it's any consolation: I had to work verry hard to be able to buy the stuff I have. Ok, I have done quite a bit of that working in the past. The trick is managing your money: pay what needs to be paid, don't buy a lot of stuf you sort of want and in the end you can buy what you realy want.

That or rob banks :twisted: :P :lol:

Regards, Geert
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Hey blueoakleyz, there's always the props, the posters, autographs, figures, comics, books, etc... heck you could even talk about an arcade game you got as long as it's Indy related ;)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I guess my question would be, did you come here for the hobby, or just for the jacket? :-k If just the jacket, then I can totally understand where you're at....but if the hobby, I'm puzzled. There are so many facets to this 'world', surely you can find another avenue. Heck, I've been at it continueously since 1981, and have a MULTITUDE of other interests besides this one...so if you're here for the hobby, poke around the site and see what strikes your fancy.

If only for the jacket....order another maker's version to keep the pilot light lite. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Heyjude7 »

..it has alot to do with the jacket and the makers..
as for me, you get what you pay for and customer service is key.. that's why i switched ;)
i couldnt afford a Nowak, but i saved and saved and now i am an owner!
Browncoat
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Browncoat »

You also have to match the buyers. Are the new owners of a TN the same posters that blasted TN a few month ago? There's quite a few that simply stayed out of all the arguing and saved their money to get one.

I'm still saving... :( Maybe next year.

blueoakleyz, I agree with RC its not buyer's remorse (you aren't hating your purchase) but rather the longing for a new jacket. Nothing wrong with getting another jacket so long as you aren't putting yourself in unnecessary debt. If you start saving now, you should be able to pay cash for a jacket when the weather is cool again. :D
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

Seems like instead of 'buyers remorse'......it's more like 'Jacket Envy', and not having a new one to break in or a new leather to discover..... :roll: :lol:
raider 57
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by raider 57 »

Well, as a good friend of mine has said,"You can only wear one at a time!" ( he's not a gearhead though)
I had two jackets once, but sold one of 'em. I'm still happy.
~raider 57
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i have all the gear that i want....there's not many flavors left to sample, but i'm still here.......i love seeing new stuff and new products or old products on new people or even just the same stuff on the same people. i don't wear the full bore NH outfit everyday anymore like i use to....but his hobby is still fun for me. i also like coming here to see if holt or bink will kick me out of the club for my off-colour remarks :Plymouth: ........just kidding.

like the man said, "come for the gear, stay for the people".....and there are some great people here....... :D
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

G, I even hear that if you hang around long enough TN will buy you lunch......... :roll: :lol:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Indiana G wrote:i have all the gear that i want....there's not many flavors left to sample, .......
OK, lets see a show of hands....who believes G when he says that? :lol:
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

RCSignals wrote:
Indiana G wrote:i have all the gear that i want....there's not many flavors left to sample, .......
OK, lets see a show of hands....who believes G when he says that? :lol:
Knowing G like I do, I'm sure he just forgot to add ........"for today"....... :lol:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

yes as new things develop, they will tickle my dormant indygear 'fancy' :lol:

case in point - anto's CS shirt, leather soul hawaii's SA 405's (due in fall i believe), can someone get the pants right for pete's sake?????, and there's still some room for improvement in the hat department ;)

but for now, i'm somewhat content :-

........all right, someone point me towards some new ground breaking gear to invest in!!!! mr. coyle....how bout some SA pants already??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Thanks G, now I feel better :lol:
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Indiana G wrote:yes as new things develop, they will tickle my dormant indygear 'fancy' :lol:

case in point - anto's CS shirt, leather soul hawaii's SA 405's (due in fall i believe), can someone get the pants right for pete's sake?????, and there's still some room for improvement in the hat department ;)

but for now, i'm somewhat content :-

........all right, someone point me towards some new ground breaking gear to invest in!!!! mr. coyle....how bout some SA pants already??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
....emphasize the word, "somewhat,"..........c'mon guys, you know that everytime someone like Han Jones posts a photo of a spankin new jacket in some exotic new leather, or you see a photo of a new pair of Aldens you haven't seen before, or whip, or hat, or whatever.......you know that "hunger" that starts to build in the pit of your stomach and you can't eat, or sleep, or work, or whatever without thinking about it. You know that you have to do whatever you can to ultimately posses it. It's a never-ending journey of acquiring the "next big thing"........just like Indy living for the next big artifact.......it's an obsession and you can't escape it!.......MUHAHAHAHA! :lol:
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

it's so irritating, it's SO hot out right now I could never even dream about wearing my leather jacket.. grrr I wish I lived in alaska
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

It gets hot in Alaska too. ;)

Regards !Michaelson
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

eazybox wrote:The present state of my stock portfolio has been of great "assistance" in helping me resist the temptation to buy new gear, though. :-0 Jack

...or 'shock' portfolio. ;)