Olde-tyme stuff whip...who makes it?

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Vaderbreath
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Olde-tyme stuff whip...who makes it?

Post by Vaderbreath »

I bought a whip off ebay awhile back from a seller named olde-tyme stuff. It was reasonably priced, and is a decent whip (if anyone wants, I can try to snap some pics tomorrow...and it is waayyy better than jrzjoe). Anyway, I asked them about who the whipmaker was, and all they said is that the whipmaker wanted to remain unnamed. Does anyone here know who this person may be? It was a 'deluxe' style, and is pretty decent...at least to look at! Any info would be great.
hollywood1340
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Olde-tyme stuff whip...who makes it?

Post by hollywood1340 »

Hmmm...there's a tip off right there. You spend time hand crafting this whip, around a cable core if I'm not mistaken, and don't want your name to be known? But I am curious to learn more :D
Vaderbreath
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Vaderbreath »

Heh, yea, that's kinda what I thought too. If it's something you're proud of, why not let people know who you are. I'm basically just curious to know...
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

That was the first whip I bought. Not too horrible and handles ok. HUGE difference between one of those and the premier makers of course. The biggest difference I noted was the weight. A good whip will follow through and do alot of the work for you. The old tyme whips are lighter and need a bit more effort to get them to do what you want. Just my thoughts on them.