Arturo Rodriguez´s whips

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Arturo Rodriguez´s whips

Post by IndianaBravo »

Hi! Does anybody know anything about Arturo Rodriguez whips? He is an Ebay seller and they look pretty good and the price is right :whip:

Thanx!
rjallen70
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Arturo Rodriguez´s whips

Post by rjallen70 »

No mention of a plaited belly usually means there isn't one. Aussies refer to this type of whip as a toughy. Looks ok but is not tough on anything but the customer.
No guts...no good.
He does provide a phone #...so you could always ask (interrogate) him. Avoid catch phrases like "just as good" at all cost.
Ron
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Thanks Ron
Yeah, no mention of a belly is rather suspicious. I would call him, ´cept a cell phone call Europe to Texas would cost me a bundle. In his feedback section on Ebay someone indeed uses the "just as good" line :lol:
Cheers!
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Well, I broke down and ordered an Arturo Rodriguez 12 footer: There´s a picture of it in the "My Two New Whips" thread. I reiiterate that I am very pleased with it, even though it is a bit on the heavy side. I asked Mr. Rodriguez what was inside his whips, and he told me he used a nylon braided over bronze ball chain, a layer with shot lead shot pellets, all wrapped in a leather bolster and the final 12 strand overlay. No wonder it weighs a ton! I have been told that this type of ball chain belly is very commonly used in nylon whips, to give them the needed heft. Nevertheless the whip is still quite manageable and accurate, and cracks like a canon! :whip:

Regards