Webley Revolver Question for Michaelson

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Webley Revolver Question for Michaelson

Post by Pyroxene »

I am looking for an Indy Gun. Would looking for and obtaining an Enfield No. 2 Mark I be any easier than looking for a Webley?

Just Wondering,
Pyro.
Illinois Troy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Illinois Troy »

Michaelson, my apologies for butting in here. I just couldn't help not throwing in my 2 cents.

I have seen a lot of Webley's for sale on internet sites in my search for a S&W. In fact there was a beaut I saw the other day in wonderful condition for about 395.00.
If you want I can give you a list of sites offline so just send me an email. They seem to range from about 350. to 890. so the range is pretty wide. they're out there though. Again, just let me know.

- Illinois
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Actually...

Post by Michaelson »

....in the collector field, the Enfield is considered an inferior revolver compared to the Webley (my apologizes to those Enfield collectors. Just repeating an oft repeated statement) as the Enfield was a scaled down version of the Webley Mk. IV, .38 as they wanted a less expensive replacement side arm for the military toward the end of WWII, and one that had fewer parts to deal with, as the Webley can get a bit complicated in breakdown. A Webley Mk IV is a nice scaled down version of the big Mk VI, but bear in mind, it's about 2/3rd's the size of the VI (as is the Enfield) so though the outline will appear the same, your suggested Enfield or the .38 Webley will be much smaller in actual size, and will get lost in the offered Webley holsters that are on the market today for us Indy collectors. Price wise, though, you're in much better shape, as they are still out there at a much reduced price as compared to the Mk VI. Regards. Michaelson