Wested shirt not SA ?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wested shirt not SA ?

Post by matt black »

I know it might have been covered before but I can't find it.Can someone tell me why the Wested shirt is not concidered to be SA ?
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Wested shirt not SA ?

Post by gwyddion »

Basically because it is too light in colour and because it is too roomy. Well at least they were up untill now :-k

The new site states in regards to the shirt:
Indiana Jones Shirt

Made in our London,UK factory from 150 gm Cotton Poplin

Replicated from an original shirt

With thanks to the input of Indygear.com forum members who helped make this shirt screen accurate
If this means the shirts are now made after Noel Howards screen-used shirt and thus perfectly SA.... I don't know, but it sure suggests this.

Regards, Geert
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Who are the members who helped make it SA? And that sounds an awful lot like Todd's pitch..

Randy

P.S note, that all may sound snide, it's not meant to be!
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

I think it has been saying that on the Wested site for quite some time now.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

theinterchange wrote: that sounds an awful lot like Todd's pitch..
can you explain me that please? Don't know about it
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Todd claims [I have ABSOUTELY NO reason to doubt him either!] he used a production shirt from Raiders to pattern his offering from. I'm about 100% positive he said it was used during the Well of Souls scenes.
http://toddscostumes.com/indy/indiana_jones_shirt.html

Like I said, I see no reason to doubt Todd. I own one of his shirts and LOVE it. I don't know much about the Wested apart from what I've read here. I'm thinking they're supposed to be copying the screen used shirts also. But have no idea if they are now or it's a future thing.

Randy
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Thanks for that.Sounds about right to me.Definatly a bit baggy.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I've had one of Todd's shirts and have compared it to other makers shirts. The fabric is wrong in weight and in colour, the pockets are too big, the pleats are incorrectly constructed.

All based my own viewing of a photographically documented production shirt.

Don't get me wrong, Peter's current shirt is as wrong in other directions too, In reality neither is that SA except Todd's is a slimmer cut.

NH and AB are better than both.
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Though, you must admit, you're a Wested fan KT. I don't care for the shirts I've seen from them. They look very uncomfortable, and too "dressy".

To each his own. :whip:

Randy

::EDIT::

Ok, I re read your post Kt.. you weren't defending the Wested per se. ha I like the AB's I've seen, and wouldn't think twice about buying one! WILL Wested make a copy of the NH shirts? I've never gotten that clear.
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

I'm not that clued up on the shirt side of things.Are Noel Howard or Adventurebuilt shirts available ? Also what does anyone think of the Magnoli ?
Thanks.
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

matt black wrote:I'm not that clued up on the shirt side of things.Are Noel Howard or Adventurebuilt shirts available ? Also what does anyone think of the Magnoli ?
Thanks.

I've got a Wested, (nice but way baggy), a Todd's ( too small, looks good on my wife), a NH, (a beauty, but too rare to wear), and a Magnoli. My Magnoli is my favorite of the 4 as an all around wearable piece of gear.

As far a how SA any of them are, I'll stay out of that debate as others are far more capable of providing relevant input.
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Thanks Tron.I've been toying with the idea of getting a Magnoli.So thats good to know.All the best. :tup:
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

I have heard nothing negative about Magnoli's shirts, and am thinking of ordering one in a non indy color for myself.

Randy
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

The good thing about Magnoli's is that they are made to measure... the bad thing is that they are not screen accurate at all judgying by what I've seen so far in pictures.

As for the topic in discussion... I might divert it on my own thread where I compared Wested, NH and Todd viewtopic.php?f=16&t=39281&p=554400#p554400
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Good idea Erri

Randy
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Thanks Erri.Great information.Answered all my questions :tup:
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Erri wrote:The good thing about Magnoli's is that they are made to measure... the bad thing is that they are not screen accurate at all judgying by what I've seen so far in pictures.

As for the topic in discussion... I might divert it on my own thread where I compared Wested, NH and Todd viewtopic.php?f=16&t=39281&p=554400#p554400
Thanks alot Erri.Now I've gone and ordered a Todd's.And its all your fault ;)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

matt black wrote: Thanks alot Erri.Now I've gone and ordered a Todd's.And its all your fault ;)
Should have bought an AB. Instead of those 2 :)
matt black
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by matt black »

Oh well,everyone has a different opinion.By AB do you mean adventurebuilt because I did look but could not find them.But thanks for the very blunt advice.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

matt black wrote:Oh well,everyone has a different opinion.By AB do you mean adventurebuilt because I did look but could not find them.But thanks for the very blunt advice.
Sorry :), Adventurebilt do seem to make it hard to find their information. Kim is your man if you want one of those.

Buying a Todd has a couple of drawbacks if you are in Europe. He ships in a way that may draw duty and handling charges. It did to me, in BUCKETS. His shirt seems to be more fitted in the body, but the fabric is all wrong. Colour is yellowy/orangy and it more like flannel then the silky mercurised cotton of the original. The AB shirt is more linen like, it is thicker than the NH, though, and wrinkles/creases really easily... too easily, but it's what Marc wanted it to do. It is a virtual clone of the NH otherwise.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

How much are those AB shirts anyway?
matt black wrote:
Erri wrote:The good thing about Magnoli's is that they are made to measure... the bad thing is that they are not screen accurate at all judgying by what I've seen so far in pictures.

Thanks alot Erri.Now I've gone and ordered a Todd's.And its all your fault ;)
LOL... well I hope you like it then. I listed what's good but also what's bad about the Todd's so everyone knows what to expect, if the colour and material issue is not ... an issue for you, I'm sure you're going to love the Todd's.
What has put me off till now was the postage price and possible custom fees to pay but Kt paid them for me so I'm chuffed :lol: :lol:
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

I love my Wested shirt, but I would agree that at first it is a bit "dressier". Wear it enough and that goes away. It is a bit firmer, which works out great for me when fishing because water doesn't soak in as easy.

The color is also a bit lighter than I would like, and under certain lighting conditions, it photographs as white.
See here:

That is the Wested shirt, and although it looks white in the photo, it is not.

I am thinking of getting a Todd's for color and comfort. I've heard great things.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

maboot38 wrote:I am thinking of getting a Todd's for color and comfort. I've heard great things.
Great things about the comfort yes, about the colour... no :lol: