Where's Fedora?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

airforceindy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Where's Fedora?

Post by airforceindy »

Been trying to reach Steve about my 18-month old AB order: 4 emails unanswered, just sent a 5th attempt. I'm moving 3,000 miles away in less than 3 weeks, and can't reach him. Wondered if anybody knew anything I don't about his current status...

AFI
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Where's Fedora?

Post by gabrielle »

I would call and try to get him that way. I believe his number is posted on the Adventurebilt website.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I don't know if you've tried this, but send an e-mail that has "URGENT- RESPONSE REQUIRED" in the subject field. Only use that if it really is urgent (which in this case it is). It usually gets his attention.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

(Probably not a bad idea to throw the words "I'M MOVING!" in there, too.)
:)
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:I don't know if you've tried this, but send an e-mail that has "URGENT- RESPONSE REQUIRED" in the subject field. Only use that if it really is urgent (which in this case it is). It usually gets his attention.

This will most likely work but when others start doing this when it isn't urgent.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

BendingOak wrote:
Chewbacca Jones wrote:I don't know if you've tried this, but send an e-mail that has "URGENT- RESPONSE REQUIRED" in the subject field. Only use that if it really is urgent (which in this case it is). It usually gets his attention.

This will most likely work but when others start doing this when it isn't urgent.
I agree with John. Like at my old job, administrators would send inquiries with FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE in the subject; how many darn FIRES do you need?!?
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

The point is.....if everyone starts putting very urgent or fire in the subject when it's not it will devalue it's meaning.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

I do not abuse the urgent thing, otherwise it just becomes another word. I've been trying to get ahold of Fedora for a couple of months. But it's not urgent. So I must wait. I was merely passing along what others, including Fedora himself, have told me.
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

I also recall Fedora recommending that, in case of emergency only, you include the word "URGENT" in the subject of your email. I hope this works for airforceindy..

Jack
airforceindy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by airforceindy »

Thanks, guys. Getting kind anxious here, as I start the roadtrip/move/U-Haul Adventure at dawn on 1 April. I'll try the phone tomorrow, if there's nothing in my email by then. Wifey's a little ticked about it to boot: "You need to get your $260 back! This ******* ridiculous!" Not going that far, I understand he's had a lot on his plate the last year and a half, but still...

Regards,
AFI
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

airforceindy wrote:Wifey's a little ticked about it to boot: "You need to get your $260 back! This ******* ridiculous!" Not going that far, I understand he's had a lot on his plate the last year and a half, but still...

Wow, I heard the exact same thing from my wife last night. I figured I've already waited 15 months, whats a few more.
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

So if you get your $260 back, it will cost you more than $400 to try reordering one from Steve again. If you've been without a hat for that long, what is a few more months? I ordered a few new one's from Steve before the price increase and I'm still waiting --patience, my friend. Try outlasting the Grail Knight and then you can start worrying. Contact Steve with your new address, try the phone call, and an URGENT e-mail. Steve's an up and up guy. He'll get back to you one way or the other.
jkdbuck76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jkdbuck76 »

JeffB wrote:
airforceindy wrote:Wifey's a little ticked about it to boot: "You need to get your $260 back! This ******* ridiculous!" Not going that far, I understand he's had a lot on his plate the last year and a half, but still...

Wow, I heard the exact same thing from my wife last night. I figured I've already waited 15 months, whats a few more.
If momma ain't happy.....

Just hang in there.
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

JeffB wrote:

I just told Mrs Anzac "I ordered a hat", and she said "ok". Adding too many details can only make things worse!

I hope Steve gets your message about your new address.
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

Fedora, has been in the hospital for 5 days, just got out today. Tests. Nothing to worry about. Only 330 emails came in while I was away from the shop. May take me awhile to work down through em though. But, the good news is, I am back making hats. :lol: I am on Sept through November 07 orders currently.(only had a few hundred) The good thing is, not all have to be filled because some have already been made and mailed out. Do me a favor guys. IF, you get a hat you already recieved, PLEASE send the extra one back. I know one guy here has an extra one, well, several, but no need to make it public. I will re inburse the postage.

I have noticed some guys recieved their hats way before others. Part of this is due to me skipping forward to find an order that the block is open on, and the other part is I "used" to move up an order if the hat was needed for an exotic trip, or special occassion gift. If you got it for any other reason, it was a mistake. On my part. I do make em. Thanks!!!!
Once I work down to May 08 orders, things will really speed up on lead times. Most of the hats were ordered prior to my price increase. I look forward to short lead times. As my customers do! Fedora
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

Glad you're okay my friend! Good to know where's your at as well (sept - nov 07) - hopefully that will give people the timeframes they're looking for. :tup:
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Steve, I've sent you an e-mail concerning specs. If you could write me back just confirming that you received it, I would really appreciate it. Also, I tried out the Roland Cube you told me about. #### near bought it. It is a great amp! Hope you feel better and get well soon.

Dave
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Steve, I told you we could mail you those gloves to make balloons out of. No need to go to the hospital just to get them! :lol: Glad you're back, my friend. You gotta take care of yourself first and foremost, remember? ;) As for hats, I think it would be wiser that you receive the returned hats BEFORE you send out the replacements, but that's just me.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Nobody ever believes me when I say there's nothing to worry about. :roll:

Hang in there Steve! Only 4 million 3 hundred 97.6 hats to go. :H:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Fedora wrote:Nothing to worry about.
Glad it was nothing serious, sir.
:)
(Now, skip over Chewie's post and don't read it or your blood pressure will go up!)
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

Steve, I'm happy to hear that you're doing okay. Keep up the good work and the cheery disposition.

Mike
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Glade to hear you are alright buddy.
indy81
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indy81 »

Glad to hear you're ok Steve. Please take care my friend.

High regards,
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Glad to hear you're well Steve. Take care, & happy hat making. :D

Cheers!

Dan
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Well, this thread has gone it's course, and the question answered.

Time to ring down the curtain.

Regards! Michaelson