My New Toy

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

My New Toy

Post by Indiana Neri »

A few pix of my new toy: A reproduction of the Winchester 1887 lever-action shotgun. It's the model that was the basis of the Terminator's shotgun in Terminator 2. Arnie's had a larger lever-loop, so he could swing-load it more easily, and sawed-off stock. Mine is a 12 gauge with a 20" barrel and LOADS of fun to shoot!
Please excuse the quality of the first two pix as they were taken on a snowy day with a camera-phone. Enjoy and feel free to browse my other albums on PhotoBucket.

Image Image

Thanks for looking and I invite you to look through the rest of the pix HERE

;)
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: My New Toy

Post by Indiana Joyce »

I have some friends in Rhode Island...I see you get sick of explaining to people that Quahog is not a real place.

Nice rifle!
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

Thanks. I shoot it just about every chance I get.

It's funny you should mention the Rhode Island thing because just recently I drove by a Spooner Ave in Cranston, which is was odd because "the Griffins" live on Spooner St. in Quahog, RI :-k It does get a bit frustrating when on the rare occasion that I travel outside Rhode Island, thats one of the first things they ask, if not after "That's next to Long Island, right?" :roll: I'm also getting pretty tired of snow. I've had my "white Christmas" so now I'm ready to move on to mid-60's/high-70's weather!

;)
Russian Raider
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Russian Raider »

Indiana Neri
Al Capone is doomed. Dunno why but your pictures remind me of that era. Brave FBI guys out for a bust.
Great gun BTW.
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Neri »

Thanks, Raider. Now that I'm looking at them again, they DO remind me of that era as well. Speaking of which, I just recently found a new love for Pinaud's Clubman After Shave Lotion (the kind that barbers use) and Brylcreem. Oddly enough, I've got some early Sinatra playing (the V-Disc Years) on my iTunes as we speak. I love these pix because I never really get to see what my AB looks like from the left side (the bow side). Most of the pictures of me in my lid are from the right :roll: :lol:

;)
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

I hear you about the snow. I work in 30 degree temperature year round so Im eagerly awaiting the spring thaw.

Always nice to talk to another New Englander...you don't by any chance happen to go to conventions do you? If you do, you just might run into a whole handful of Indys, although Im the only one that belongs to the COW.
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Neri »

I would but I've never known of anything around our area. The rare times that I hear of something in Boston, I've got prior engagements :cry: I would LOVE to go to a convention (and I'll have my challenge coin ready, too ;) )

;)
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Then you need to check out the Finger Lakes Summit thread, dude! There's a few guys from NE that make their way there, and it is TOTALLY worth the trip!
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

Man, I hate the cold. After looking at the first two photos, I had to slip my jacket on and push there tempeture up a couple of notches! :-
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Neri »

Me, too. In fact, looking at the pix again is making me forget that it's a nice 50+ degrees here :lol:

;)