jrzjoe??????????????

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

misfit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

jrzjoe??????????????

Post by misfit »

Any one bought or uses one of his whips? Just curious? because he sure does his best to sell his whips. I bought two of them and both of the bottom knots came off in a day or two and they just don’t want to crack. Any one els have any good or bad information.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

There is a ton of info on his whips on here. Basically, the general consenses is that it is a good costume whip, but a horrible real world whip.
misfit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by misfit »

I have come to that same realization but after doing a search. I didn’t find any information on him or his whips. I think they are made in Mexico but he says that he makes them himself so who knows?
hollywood1340
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by hollywood1340 »

One would think if he made them himself he'd get better :P
Luke Warmwater
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luke Warmwater »

His whips look like whips, and that's about all.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

I believe I read somewhere in his tons of flashy print that he has vendors that make the whips for him. I had one, and have a pretty low opinion of them. They are good for hanging off your belt as a costume piece, and that's about it. I did manage to crack mine once or twice, but it lost its ability to crack quite quickly.

Also, the plaiting on the handle is all wrong, so it isn't a very good display piece.

If you want a well made whip that is closer to the JRZJoe price than the David Morgan price, I say go with a www.purewhips.com whip. I love mine, and I've never heard anyone give his products a bad review.
misfit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by misfit »

[/quote] If you want a well made whip that is closer to the JRZJoe price than the David Morgan price, I say go with a www.purewhips.com whip. I love mine, and I've never heard anyone give his products a bad review.[/quote]

I bought a pure whip last week and I can’t wait to get it. By the way thanks for all the input
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Seems like you get what you pay for with one of these 4 plaits. Todd's reportedly makes a good Deluxe whip out of goatskin, 11' for $200.
techrtr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by techrtr »

I had one and could crack it, but for the price I paid, I would have been far better off buying one of Gus Caicedo's, or Adam Winrich's. I have both now, and there is no comparison between Gus or Adam's whips, and a Joe.