Mini Bullwhip Indy Style By Nick Ammann

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

nammann
Vendor

Mini Bullwhip Indy Style By Nick Ammann

Post by nammann »

Hello Everyone,

I have created my own version of a "mini Indy" style bullwhip and so far this is what I came up with. I have also been toying around with other styles of mini bullwhips which I posted on my website and here is a couple photos of an Indy style. Send me a PM If anyone is interested more about these. These have a 6 inch steel handle foundation, core, 4 plait belly, bolster,8 plait overlay, 5 part 4 bight transition knot, 7 part 6 bight turks head and these are a total length of 3 1/2 feet from the butt of the handle to the end of the braid ending in 6 plait.

Thanks

Nick Ammann
www.nickammann.com
Greenville,PA

jabahutt70
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by jabahutt70 »

Nick, gr8 lookin' mini-Indy! Looks nice & I love the taper to it. Looks like it's fun to use. Good job.

Steve.

www.neawhips.com
nammann
Vendor

Post by nammann »

Thanks Steve,

I Have one of these that I have been testing out for the past 3 weeks and these are pretty cool little whips. I am going to try this with a double belly to see what the weight comes out but I believe that if I add anymore weight towards the thong I will not be able to balance the weight out enough with out having an oversize knot for the size of these whips, plus the way I have been making these are the same as a full size 4 foot whip.

Nick Ammann
www.nickammann.com
Greenville,PA
AlexL3000
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by AlexL3000 »

How Well does a 3 1/2 ft. whip crack?
and is it harder to crack than a bigger one (i have only used a 10 ft. whip)?
nammann
Vendor

Post by nammann »

Depending on the length and weight you have to adjust to it. Especially if all you have used is a 10 foot whip, I mostly use 4 and 6 foot whips and I have toyed around with smaller whips like shot loaded snake whips,pocket whips, etc....and there is a bit of difference with weight and how quick the whip reacts. I actually have a 4 foot whip that cracks louder than one of my eight foot whips and I think its pretty easy to crack so it just depends on how quick the person is to adjust to the weight and length difference from a longer whip and how well the whip itself is constructed can also affect the crack of the whip. This is just my opinion, but i hope it sheds some light on the subject?

Thanks,

Nick Ammann
www.nickammann.com
Greenville,PA