Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

zeeno
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Major Wested Problems!!!!!

Post by zeeno »

I am having HUGE problems with Wested.

Over the summer. I ordered a few Indy jackets.

1- OTR Raiders HH
1- OTR Raiders Goat
1- Custom Last Crusade- Novapelle

They fit perfectly.

I ordered one more in August- using the same specific measurements I had for the Last Crusade- Novapelle.

It came a few weeks later and it was too small. It didn't fit like ANY of the others I bought from Wested INCLUDING THE OTHER CUSTOM JACKET WITH THE SAME MEASUREMENTS.

One odd thing- I am a size 52 chest. None of my jackets, OTR or custom, had a size label in it. This one, which is custom, did. I mentioned this to Gemma asking- “Since there is a label which read “52” inside- does that mean they sent me an OTR?” She said no- and gave no other explanation.

I contacted Wested. Gemma told me to send it back. I did with a reprint of my measurements and a note asking them to email me when the package arrives.

A month passed.

I contacted Gemma asking for an update. Gemma told me she was on vacation and hadn't gone through stuff in a while.

A week later she told me she received the old one and that a new one has been made and has been sent- AND THAT TRACKING NUMBERS HAD BEEN EMAILED TO ME. I kept saying I have received NO tracking number and no jacket. Gemma told me to check my spam folder. I sent several emails again saying- No email, and no replacement jacket.

Just over two weeks ago, Gemma emailed me and said she JUST NOW received the original jacket back- and no new jacket has been made- AND THEY ARE GOING TO GIVE ME A REFUND.

I say I don’t want my money back. I want the jacket I ordered.

In all of my emails I ask Peter to call me to work this out- no call.

This is a copy of the email I received today:

Dear Sir
Please feel free to call and speak to Peter, we can re make but this will be the same fit as the jacket returned.
Thanks Gemma

She keeps changing her information- I have saved all of the emails backing up what I am saying.

This has been most unpleasant.

I wanted this jacket for Halloween, for my daughter’s party. That is why I ordered it in August- so I wouldn’t have any problems getting it.

I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Justin
[/b]
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

Not to be glib, but get your money back and try another vendor. A USW, for example, will fit you well and there are many to choose from.

It all depends on how much money you want to spend on return shipping, etc.
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

Wested puts the sizing tag in all custom jackets too. Why not send back the jacket with a letter setting out your concerns? Quote the order numbers from your previous three jackets and state that you want it to fit like those. Wested keeps its order numbers and sizing info for a period of time afterwards, so maybe they have the dimensions of those jackets on record. You could also show them some photos of how the new jacket doesn't fit you, and send them the measurements and maybe even some photos of the other ones that do fit.

SD
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

From my reading, Dumas, the jacket was already shipped, apparently 'lost', then 'found', and everything but a final result has taken place...so he's a bit 'past' the 'send the jacket back with a letter' at this point in time. ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Zeeno, that reads like a 'Twilight Zone' episode.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

It sounds like to me that maybe they got you mixed up with someone else and thats why they told you they returned it already.

I think a phone call would be a good idea at this point.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

_ wrote:
Michaelson wrote:From my reading, Dumas, the jacket was already shipped, apparently 'lost', then 'found', and everything but a final result has taken place...so he's a bit 'past' the 'send the jacket back with a letter' at this point in time. ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
Shades of your "Fedora" jacket and my predistressed LC... I'm expecting to find myself walking along the shore and see my MIA LC on a sealion...

"Water under the bridge..."
:rolling:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

_ wrote:
RCSignals wrote:Zeeno, that reads like a 'Twilight Zone' episode.
I was thinking of Meat Loaf... Ya, know? "Two outa' three ain't bad"...

Stuff happens with every vendor. Nobody has a monopoly on snafu's. Sounds like you did have two other jackets in-hand, though?
Isn't that the truth. Obviously frustrating for Zeeno, but will probably get worked out. Sounds like his first two went fine.
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

Actually, it seems as if he already has three jackets. That's about $1,000 worth of gear in a couple months - I hope they take care of him!
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

...or a couple G&B's. I'd be pretty upset, to be honest. I know that return shipping probably ran around $40.
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

Michaelson wrote:From my reading, Dumas, the jacket was already shipped, apparently 'lost', then 'found', and everything but a final result has taken place...so he's a bit 'past' the 'send the jacket back with a letter' at this point in time. ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
This is what happens when I skim.

SD
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:lol: ;-)
Arca Perdida
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Arca Perdida »

I don't understand all the communication problems I read about this particular vendor. Maybe it's just the fact that they probably sell more to this group, so you hear more about them.
However, the maybe apparent lack of communication, or just miscommunication, combined with the long waits and return costs make me uneasy about placing an order. I myself have been trying to get a simple question regarding sizing answered and after writing them 3 times I have given up. I know, the alternative is to call them, but why have an online presence if you can't/don't have the time to/don't want to communicate in that manner?
Anyway, best of luck.
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

St. Dumas wrote:Wested puts the sizing tag in all custom jackets too.
Maybe some, but not all: my custom does not have the size in it.
Dr. Jones1936
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dr. Jones1936 »

I've been having trouble with their email communications, as well. Sent a jacket back because it was too big on me. That was over a month ago and they still haven't posted a refund on my card!

I've asked about it repeatedly in emails back and forth from Gemma, but it seems to be forgotten about.

And I got the "I sent you an email about this..." messages, too. I ALWAYS check my spam folder and there is NEVER anything in there from Wested.

I shouldn't HAVE to call them if they want to do business online. That's the whole point of having a store on the web. Right?

Ridiculous business practices. :x
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Arca Perdida wrote:I don't understand all the communication problems I read about this particular vendor. Maybe it's just the fact that they probably sell more to this group, so you hear more about them.
However, the maybe apparent lack of communication, or just miscommunication, combined with the long waits and return costs make me uneasy about placing an order. I myself have been trying to get a simple question regarding sizing answered and after writing them 3 times I have given up. I know, the alternative is to call them, but why have an online presence if you can't/don't have the time to/don't want to communicate in that manner?
Anyway, best of luck.
This is why I've been hesitant buying from Wested. I do have a USW and G&B so I'm okay for now.
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

This sort of problem seems to be routine with the company. I got a lambskin jacket with one sleeve an inch shorter than the other and loose stitching.

About a year ago, I ordered a stonewashed denim Indy from Wested. The jacket was fine but came with D rings on the side straps instead of sliders. Peter posted that it was supposed to come with sliders, and that anyone who received the D rings would get a free set of replacement sliders upon request. I emailed Gemma about it and she said she was sending me the sliders.

Shortly thereafter, I received a torn envelope with only one slider inside. I emailed Gemma about it again, and she said she was sending me replacements again-- six this time.

What I received was another torn envelope with only one slider inside. Although I informed Peter about it, nothing further was ever done.

Based on the many other complaints I've read, I just count myself lucky that I received the jacket in good condition.

Jack
Last edited by eazybox on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

Fitting problems, exorbitant shipping fee and questionable customer service are exactly what are keeping me from ordering a new Wested today. I have ordered about four from USW with no luck on fitting, but at least they cheerfully refund/replace even though they also charge too much postage. In fact, I doubt if I will ever buy another leather jacket without being able to try several of them on first. I guess this means unless I plan to fly to England, Ohio or California, I won't be getting a new jacket.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

I ordered a NH replica from Wested. So far email correspondence has been good, questions promptly returned.

Postage was 20GBP. I'm assuming that's Airmail or Airsure or some similar service.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

191145 wrote:Fitting problems, exorbitant shipping fee and questionable customer service are exactly what are keeping me from ordering a new Wested today. I have ordered about four from USW with no luck on fitting, but at least they cheerfully refund/replace even though they also charge too much postage. In fact, I doubt if I will ever buy another leather jacket without being able to try several of them on first. I guess this means unless I plan to fly to England, Ohio or California, I won't be getting a new jacket.
Try Magnoli. He asks for a TON of measurements, and he nails it!

As for Wested's practices, I didn't have a problem when I ordered mine, but that was several years ago. I know the sheer number of buyers on the site magnifies the apparent frequency of problems, but I have read posts from people who shrugged off their problems without posting until somebody else complained. And the issues are almost always the same. So, I see cause for concern, and would dread ordering another.

I've said it before, and not just about Wested; Until people stop tolerating the practices, a vendor with service issues won't even have a thought about improving.
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

I just posted this in my thread about ROLA washed goat - got off the phone from Gemma regarding the status of my order. I asked her to confirm the size, sleeve length in particular given some of the complaints in recent times, and she tells me "yes, 42 Long, sleeves 25.25 inches. It has been cut and will be sent out Friday".
I point out to her that my order specs and her confirmation email state 42 Long, 25.5 inches. She repeats, robot like "Yes 25.25 is what you ordered" I ask her politely to check the email she sent me where it states 25.5 inches and 42 Long. Instead she just hangs up on me!
I sent an email asking for confirmation, 11am UK time yesterday - no reply to date.
zeeno
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by zeeno »

Does Peter read these comments? I want him to see how ticked off I am. I have spent almost $1000 on this stuff and so far I have no way to get what I paid for here.

ZEENO
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

zeeno wrote:Does Peter read these comments? I want him to see how ticked off I am. I have spent almost $1000 on this stuff and so far I have no way to get what I paid for here.

ZEENO
He replied to my post about the slider problem by implying that he thought I was "fibbing" about it, and the issue, which would have been easily handled by most other companies, was never resolved. He also responded to one of my PMs about 3 months after I sent it, so apparently he reads at least some of them.

I agree with Chewbacca-- if people have a legitimate issue or complaint, they should voice it, especially if they have already tried everything they could to resolve their issue with the vendor beforehand. Potential future customers need to be warned about service like this.

Their reputation with the their legion of "groupies", or their standing as the "original maker" doesn't cut any ice with me anymore. As far as I'm concerned, Wested, Shmested.

Jack
Dr. Jones1936
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dr. Jones1936 »

eazybox wrote: Their reputation with the their legion of "groupies", or their standing as the "original maker" doesn't cut any ice with me anymore. As far as I'm concerned, Wested, Shmested.

Jack

:-k Yeah, I REALLY want to order from the "original" maker. But, with all their problems and the cost involved in correcting them, I may as well buy a jacket from Todd or Magnoli. Sounds like it will be done right the first time with them.
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

_ wrote:with the possible exception of the one Fedora now ownes...
Was that the old school LC pre-distressed cowhide that used to be on the old jacket write-up? I ordered that same jacket based on that one photo.

SD
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

No, it wasn't.
The one shown in the write up pre-dates the 'Fedora' jacket by several years.

I was the second owner of that particular 'writeup' jacket, trading _ a TofD standup for the jacket, had it adjusted in size, traded it to IndyDawg, who then sold it to someone in NY (and to this day he STILL mentions it as being one of the dumbest moves he's made in this hobby. :lol: )

The 'Fedora' jacket was another completely different 'transaction' jacket that took place several years later.

Regards! Michaelson
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

Thanks, Michaelson. I love how some of these things take on a history of their own. I know that write-up jacket colour was a lot lighter than in the films, but I sure liked the look of it.

SD
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

That was also after a treatment of standard Pecards was applied too! The best color descriptor I could come up with on that jacket was a rich mahagony. It was a very nice jacket, but LORDY was that thing heavy! :shock:

You had to be in the same physical condition as _ and IndyDawg to wear the dang thing! Too much weight for THIS old feller! That's why it left my stable.:lol:

Regard! Michaelson
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Wested had a problem with their internet/email connection today, messages were coming in but none were going out. I'm not sure it has been resolved yet.
PyramidBlaster
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: "Tampa, Florida--Or, how I learned to stop worrying, and love the Bomb..."

Post by PyramidBlaster »

Mmmmm...Mahogany. AND heavy...THAT sounded like a nice jacket....
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Kt Templar wrote:Wested had a problem with their internet/email connection today, messages were coming in but none were going out. I'm not sure it has been resolved yet.
Hey KT, by the number of complaints recently I don't think the problem is restricted to today. Would you be so kind as to sugest to Peter to have a few hearthy words with their e-mail provider, as it seems that they are dropping the ball here. It's amazing that someone provides this kind of none-service to a company for this long and gets away with this.

Regards, Geert
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

My dealings with Wested have been ok. Not superb but reasonable. I had to be persistent several times and communication can be sketchy.
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

gwyddion wrote:
Kt Templar wrote:Wested had a problem with their internet/email connection today, messages were coming in but none were going out. I'm not sure it has been resolved yet.
Hey KT, by the number of complaints recently I don't think the problem is restricted to today. Would you be so kind as to sugest to Peter to have a few hearthy words with their e-mail provider, as it seems that they are dropping the ball here. It's amazing that someone provides this kind of none-service to a company for this long and gets away with this.

Regards, Geert
You know what? I don't think it is an IT problem. Gemma basically tried to tell me black was white. "You put 25.25 inches on your form" vs "No I did not - please look at my form again" followed by "click - phone hang-up"!

I worked for four years in retail men's clothing, including men's suits tailoring in a high profile department store. If we had ever behaved like that to customers we would have (rightfully) been handed our jobs and walked off the floor, because you trade on your reputation, and right now, Wested's reputation is taking a very public nose dive.
Hatch
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Hatch »

So "Bernie" hasn't been the only one having problems getting what he wants from them........have to admit my OTR rack washed goat ordered in Sept came in late Oct.got jacket,pants shirt ,but never did get confirmation # or acknoledgement it had been sent, even after phone call 2 days before it arrived.......Hatch
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

I think it's been clearly established in previous threads (and if not, it's now established here) that Wested has communication problems/issues via e-mail. To me, the solution is simple - pick up the phone. I've gotten through every time I've called and had my questions/concerns immediately addressed. Yes, a phone call from the States to the UK ain't cheap, but no money can offset the frustration many of you seem to have. Let's face it, e-mails are not actual conversations, just correspondences. They may be good for documenting some specs or giving an address, but not for actual dialogue.

Zeeno, I highly recommend giving Peter a call and speaking with him directly. I think this is the only way to iron out these issues. Good luck getting your jackets sorted out!

Kind regards,
Craig
hovitos loincloth
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: I have Kleptomania, but when it gets too bad I take something for it.

Post by hovitos loincloth »

Maybe they need to employ another person to actually process orders/e-mails rather than the heath robinson approach they currently have.He must be making enough to employ a temp if demand is that high for his product! :roll:
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

serrecuir wrote: To me, the solution is simple - pick up the phone.
Well that's what I did! Got no result, only hung up on!
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

:-k
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

:-k indeed. Once the conversation got to this point, "please tell me, what size is on your order form?" and Gemma said "uh....42 Long" she must have realised that the sleeve length she told me not 10 seconds earlier was clearly not a 42 Long sleeve, and rather than deal with that mistake, she thought it easier to hang up the phone.

I have emailed since then seeking clarification, emailing both Peter and the general address.

Not once did I raise my voice, get aggravated or behave in any way other than reasonably.

Look, its not like I am whining about the pockets being 3mm too far out or the storm flap not being ultra SA, I merely want the sleeve length I stated, pretty basic request for any custom garment and sleeve length was the only reason I had to go with a custom rather than an off the rack.

I will see what turns up in the mail next week. If the sleeves are too short I am hitting the roof.
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

Clutters wrote:
serrecuir wrote: To me, the solution is simple - pick up the phone.
Well that's what I did! Got no result, only hung up on!
Clutters,

You're on the right path. I would keep calling until you speak with Peter himself.

Kind regards,
Craig
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

One of the worst problems I ever saw posted was a jacket that had a body that was a different shade of brown than the arms. The unfortunate guy (who is no longer a member here) posted photos of it only after apparently returning it to Wested a couple of times, at his own expense, only to have them return it to him unworked on, saying they thought it looked good enough to them. I saw the photos, and that thing looked like a varsity jacket. I guess the problem finally got resolved, but only after he posted those photos. This is an absolutely ridiculous level of customer service, if you can call it that.

I think the pattern reveals an underlying contempt for this group, a realization that many of us are addicted to this hobby and will keep buying from an original maker no matter how shoddy the products and services are. We are viewed as a cash COW, and are being laughed at--all the way to the bank.

Jack
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I have placed two orders with Wested this year and neither was a smooth transaction. My first order was for an OTR Raiders auth. lamb. It took approx 4 weeks to arrive and at 3 week mark I began communications with Wested via email asking where my jacket was and was getting very fast communication via email. I recieved my jacket and found out that two numbers in my zipcode had been transposed and it took longer due to this. I originally thought this was a typo on my end but a few weeks ago my wife found the reciept we printed and the zip code was entered correctly.

My second order was for a custom novapelle Raiders. I did everything right this time except I originally ordered d-rings instead of the antique sliders. I sent an email the following morning requesting a change to sliders. Once I heard about email problems I called less than 24 later and spoke with Gemma requesting the change. I asked that she confirm the change via email as well and recieved nothing for 7 days. I followed up with an email to confirm the change had been made. Approx. 10 days later I recieved a curt email response stating the change was made the day I called an a follow up email wasn't necessary. Two days later, I believe less than three weeks from order my jacket arrived in perfect condition but with D-Rings not the sliders. I emailed got an apology was told they would send them to me. I also recieved an empty envelope only containing the w/ compliments from Wested certificate and no sliders. KT was kind enough to send me some sliders but I still requested Wested to send me some as I intended to put these on my OTR Raiders lamb. I still haven't recieved these and have no need for them anymore.

I would like to add that yes calling is the best thing to do but this isn't always easy for a person to do. I personally cannot make an international call from home via a cell phone or land line as I do not have the service. I had to make my calls from work, with permission, and pay for them. I could see an employer having a problem though if you are making an international call several days a week if you were having a problem with your order.

I still thinks Wested makes a great jacket and remains high on my list of Indy Gear vendors but they must improve communication via the web.
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

scot2525 wrote:IMy second order was for a custom novapelle Raiders. I did everything right this time except I originally ordered d-rings instead of the antique sliders. I sent an email the following morning requesting a change to sliders. Once I heard about email problems I called less than 24 later and spoke with Gemma requesting the change. I asked that she confirm the change via email as well and recieved nothing for 7 days. I followed up with an email to confirm the change had been made. Approx. 10 days later I recieved a curt email response stating the change was made the day I called an a follow up email wasn't necessary. Two days later, I believe less than three weeks from order my jacket arrived in perfect condition but with D-Rings not the sliders. I emailed got an apology was told they would send them to me. I also recieved an empty envelope only containing the w/ compliments from Wested certificate and no sliders.
Well, at least I got 2 sliders from them-- one in each envelope. And since Wested won't do it, I wonder if KT would send ME the additional 2 I need? ;-) Just kidding, I won't be needing anything more from Wested unless they radically improve their service problems.

Jack
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

Clutters wrote:Once the conversation got to this point, "please tell me, what size is on your order form?" and Gemma said "uh....42 Long" she must have realised that the sleeve length she told me not 10 seconds earlier was clearly not a 42 Long sleeve, and rather than deal with that mistake, she thought it easier to hang up the phone.
I have a somewhat naive rule, which is, in the absence of other information "assume no malice". Maybe she dropped the phone, maybe a truck drove over a telegraph pole, whatever.

Even when I do think people hang up on me, I always just call back and say "oh, we must have got cut off". I'm like that.

Gemma has always been helpful with me on the phone, but she doesn't exactly have time to chit chat either, so she always seems keen to move on to the next thing --- like most of you, I'm also very much "ok, I just want to double check what I heard you say" especially when dealing with somewhere distant.
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

[quote="ANZAC_1915"][quote=
I have a somewhat naive rule, which is, in the absence of other information "assume no malice". Maybe she dropped the phone, maybe a truck drove over a telegraph pole, whatever.quote]

That is a good rule to follow initially, but not after a clear pattern has emerged. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, I assume it's probably a duck. And I think that as long as enough people are willing to bend over backwards to make excuses for them, the pattern of poor service will continue.

The thing that really rankles is that most of these problems are simple and could easily be corrected with just a little more effort on Wested's part. But they keep refusing to do it, probably because so many of us let them off the hook so easily.

Jack
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

ANZAC_1915 wrote:
Clutters wrote:Once the conversation got to this point, "please tell me, what size is on your order form?" and Gemma said "uh....42 Long" she must have realised that the sleeve length she told me not 10 seconds earlier was clearly not a 42 Long sleeve, and rather than deal with that mistake, she thought it easier to hang up the phone.
I have a somewhat naive rule, which is, in the absence of other information "assume no malice". Maybe she dropped the phone, maybe a truck drove over a telegraph pole, whatever.
Well, that's why I immediately sent an email to her and Peter, politely asking them to please confirm the sleeve length in light of our conversation. Had the hang up been an accident, she would have responded by now with "apologies for the accidental hang up that might have appeared so rude. Yes, we confirm that you asked for a 42 Long and yes your sleeve length will conform to that size."
Instead of course I have received no such response. Perhaps, by your rule of thumb, their email is also not working.
I will call again tonight and see if I can speak to Peter about it.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

I guess I'm lucky. Every time I e-mail Wested I get a quick, accurate response. In fact, earlier this week I asked Gemma if she could let me know how my jacket was doing, and I got a response saying it will be done within 7 days, and when it was shipped she would send me a tracking number. That is pretty nice of her.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

jnicktem wrote:I guess I'm lucky. Every time I e-mail Wested I get a quick, accurate response. In fact, earlier this week I asked Gemma if she could let me know how my jacket was doing, and I got a response saying it will be done within 7 days, and when it was shipped she would send me a tracking number. That is pretty nice of her.
I've had the same responses as well. I've ordered 2 OTR jackets and a "semi-custom" washed lamb that Wested offered a little while back. All of them came pretty quick and I've always gotten a fast response to any emails.

I've got a couple of customs with them right now and while the wait time is longer (my OTRs both came in about a week), I expect that because of the custom angle and the time of year.

By saying this, I'm not belittling those of you who are having problems. I know what's it like to wait and not know what's going on and I hope that you get your jackets soon and love them.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

_ wrote:As has been said before, stuff happens. Nobody has a monopoly on fubar. The measure is what they do about it...
Perfectly stated. :notworthy:
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

_ wrote:Nobody has a monopoly on fubar. The measure is what they do about it...
That's the most succinct summation of the theme of this thread I can imagine. Wested should frame it, hang it on the wall make it their mission statement. ;-)

Jack