Whip Holder lasted all of two seconds

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

SonofJoker
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Whip Holder lasted all of two seconds

Post by SonofJoker »

Well, as I got all my gear on to head into work for Halloween, my Todd's whip holder broke. :shock: The snap button came off, so I improvised and used the trusty ol'zip tie. :whip: It was the first time I wore all my gear and it was all groovy in the end. Anyone else have any gear mishaps? :)
RichardSK
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by RichardSK »

I must say that I have been nothing but impressed with Todd's whip holder and gun belt. I really like the adjustable feature so that, unlike my home-made version, doesn't require the whip to be coiled exactly the same way every time. I have had no issues with quality or construction.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Maybe you just got an isolated bad holder. Flaws do occur in all things. If it's new, maybe you should drop a line to Todd.
deputychino
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Whip Holder lasted all of two seconds

Post by deputychino »

SonofJoker wrote:Well, as I got all my gear on to head into work for Halloween, my Todd's whip holder broke. :shock: The snap button came off, so I improvised and used the trusty ol'zip tie. :whip: It was the first time I wore all my gear and it was all groovy in the end. Anyone else have any gear mishaps? :)
I read in another post about someone else's snap breaking on their whip holder as well. I'm pretty sure that Todd replaced it for them.
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

I had the same thing happen to my Todd's whip holder. I returned it for a refund, as I was short on time prior to a Halloween party. Wound up ordering one from one of the members here, Wadventure (profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4990).
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

i made my own whip holder :shock:
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Whip slipage

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

Try as I might, I couldn't get Todd's adjustable whip holder to hold onto my whip. The heavy whip handle kept falling down and ended up dragging on the ground.

I had a similar experience after purchasing a new belt with an attached whip holder, which was just a simple leather loop and snap. As I came out of the CS midnight premier in May, my whip was again dragging like a dead tail.

I've since gone non-screen accurate and have a nice and tight holder from one of our members, by the name of Adam at Wolfpitwhips and this instructional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oapSiWJgizk
RichardSK
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by RichardSK »

I have both Todd's belt and holder (which work beautifully) and one that I made myself with the holder attached. On my holder, I coated the inside with silicone and found that it grips the whip very well and keeps it from slipping.
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

My apologies to all those who have had snaps come loose. We did a batch of whip holders where out setting die did not set the snaps correctly (we used a different length eyelet that our die didn't like). They lasted for the few test snaps we do to before sending them, but when the customer did a few more, they pulled loose.

We've corrected the issue and are glad to offer replacements. We went through our current stock and re-set all the bad snaps. We've been making these whip holders for years, and this is the only lot that has been affected.

Again, sorry for the trouble. Contact us and we'll make it right for you.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Issue raised and issue addressed and corrected.
Tipping my hat to you, sir...
THAT right there is whatcha call "Good Customer Service", folks.
Mitch
Indiana Venkman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Venkman »

I got one of these whip holders from a friend of mine when I was purchasing gear and had the same thing happen the first time I tried to use it, but because I didn't buy directly from Todd I think I may be out of luck in getting it repaired. I tried locally but no one has the proper snaps to fix the problem.
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

Puppetboy wrote:Again, sorry for the trouble. Contact us and we'll make it right for you.
Eh, stuff happens. The quality of a vendor comes in if they can recognize there is a problem, and go about fixing it. I've been very happy with everything else I've ordered. If I hadn't been pressed for time, I'd have done a simple exchange.
ravencrow
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ravencrow »

i made my own whip holder ... i ordered originally from costume base, and since then i replaced the belt (cause i wanted it longer not because of quality) and built my own and i didn't like my whip always moving so i made a thicker whip holder that holds the handle so the whip moves much less . :whip:
Indiana Hutch
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Hutch »

bruce wayne wrote:i made my own whip holder :shock:
Same here, nothing a loose leaf ring and self stick velcro cant do! :)