Going to order my Indy jacket, any last minute comments?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Ok so within a week I believe, I'm going to order my first Indiana Jones inspired jacket. Does anyone have any last minute comments, tips, advice, opinions and/or reviews etc?

As some of you probably know I've decided not to go the SA route for a few reasons. 1) I want this as an actual coat that I can wear with featuers I want in any coat and not just for a costume piece 2) If it just looks like Indy's and people will say hey that's Indy's jacket, that's great 3) I don't weigh what I'll weigh in a year's time. I'll weigh less so when that time comes I can send in real measurements for a nice SA jacket.

http://uswings.com/sigseries.asp#SSGoatA2-2000

Again, I know it isn't SA and Indy's didn't have elastic cuffs/waistband but those are what I really want. Also the side pockets are seen here.. but that's good imo.

I mean really it's what Indy's jacket was based off of (partly), has front cargo pockets that really match. It's the same dark color etc.. I think it looks good.
Last edited by blueoakleyz on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

That does look like a nice jacket.
I'm liking these US Wings jackets; there's something solid and rugged looking about them, though I've never seen one other than in pics.
Get it and show us what it looks like on!
Road Warrior
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Road Warrior »

Well, I don't think the vast majority of members of this forum consider an A2 to be an Indy jacket, because only an Indy jacket is an Indy jacket.

But, to each his own, and Joe Average will probably never know the difference. Whatever makes you happy is the best jacket for you.
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

good luck, and Wings makes a good A-2 but like everyone has said the A-2 isn't an Indy jacket, get the real deal if you want an Indy jacket I say. Wings has a great selection.
delfloria
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by delfloria »

You really don't need comments from us when you are getting the jacket that YOU like. That's all that matters.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Going to order my Indy jacket, any last minute comments?

Post by scot2525 »

blueoakleyz wrote:Ok so within a week I believe, I'm going to order my first Indiana Jones inspired jacket. Does anyone have any last minute comments, tips, advice, opinions and/or reviews etc?

As some of you probably know I've decided not to go the SA route for a few reasons. 1) I want this as an actual coat that I can wear with featuers I want in any coat and not just for a costume piece 2) If it just looks like Indy's and people will say hey that's Indy's jacket, that's great 3) I don't weigh what I'll weigh in a year's time. I'll weigh less so when that time comes I can send in real measurements for a nice SA jacket.

Again, I know it isn't SA and Indy's didn't have elastic cuffs/waistband but those are what I really want. Also the side pockets are seen here.. but that's good imo.

I mean really it's what Indy's jacket was based off of (partly), has front cargo pockets that really match. It's the same dark color etc.. I think it looks good.
The A2 USwings jacket is a very nice jacket and I hope you wear it in good health. But please refrain from calling it an Indy jacket, it may be the style the jacket was based on but it is far from the actual jacket.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

While it may be nice, it is not an Indy jacket. You should try other forums, flightjacket.com and the fedora lounge.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

scot2525 wrote:
blueoakleyz wrote:Ok so within a week I believe, I'm going to order my first Indiana Jones inspired jacket. Does anyone have any last minute comments, tips, advice, opinions and/or reviews etc?

The A2 USwings jacket is a very nice jacket and I hope you wear it in good health. But please refrain from calling it an Indy jacket, it may be the style the jacket was based on but it is far from the actual jacket.

I'm definitely going to call it my/an Indy jacket. It might not be the most SA but it's definitely close. Dark brown, leather, cargo pockets. Everyone will recognize it as one. It's akin to someone going into a leather store and picking out a brown leather jacket and calling it his Indy jacket even if it's even less SA.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

blueoakleyz wrote:
scot2525 wrote:

I'm definitely going to call it my/an Indy jacket. It might not be the most SA but it's definitely close. Dark brown, leather, cargo pockets. Everyone will recognize it as one. It's akin to someone going into a leather store and picking out a brown leather jacket and calling it his Indy jacket even if it's even less SA.
Call your jacket you want - Fred, Harry or Wilber... for all I care. We can't stop you. But to some of us here, an A2 has almost nothing to do with Indiana Jones. It is a well known flying jacket and there are many places you can duiscuss them on line.

This site is dedicated to people who care a lot about the differences, so forgive me if I'm a little annoyed. From his point on, I'll just ignore your posts in the spirit of goodwill... :-k

But if you laterv insist that a baseball cap is almost the same thing as a fedora, there will be touble... :shock: ;-)
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Whatever it'll be my Indy jacket :P
Only we'll know the difference anyway
Last edited by blueoakleyz on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vaderbreath
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Vaderbreath »

That's really a beautiful jacket you've picked out. It's a nice blend of Indy and flight jacket. Hey, call it whatever you want. My first "Indy" jacket looked just like that, and for me that was my Indy jacket. I've since started using a G&B Expedition because I like not having the cuffs and it's a very 'real world' jacket. I hope you love this jacket and if it brings out the Indy in you, then have fun and wear the heck out of it.

-Corey
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

blueoakleyz wrote:Wow that's nitpicky
sorry but that's totally lame
I don't see the A2 as an Indy jacket because it misses a lot of features an Indy jacket has. But I understand that you on the other hand see it as an Indy jacket because it was what it was based on.

The nitpicky you mentioned comes with the territory of this hobby: a big part of it is telling hats and or jackets appart from the 4 films, which is something most people can't do. Most of us here can tell a Raiders screenshot from a TOD screenshot from an LC screenshot from a CS screenshot just by looking at the jacket/hat, something George Lucas swears is impossible :roll:

So nitpicky is what we are and what most of us have become over here. Just a few months ago I couldn't tell the jackets appart, and a year ago I would have mistaken an A2 for an Indy jacket. Just by being here and learning things you get so trained in spotting the differences that you forget that it isn't obvious to everyone.

Regards, Geert
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

I'm confused. :-k

You want a durable jacket, but what makes you think an Indy accurate jacket wouldn't be durable? There's a thread floating around on the first page of the jacket section of a ten-year-old Wested that looks amazing and is still in great shape, and will probably last another thirty years if it doesn't get drug behind a truck. As for features, I'm not aware of any difference in features between an A-2 and an Indy jacket. They're both leather, and have two sleeves and a zipper. What more do you need?

But you want a jacket that looks kinda like an Indy jacket, but isn't 100% accurate, so people won't think it IS an Indy jacket? I think the general public thinks EVERY brown leather jacket IS an Indy jacket or a Fonzie jacket, no matter WHAT the little details are.

Now I do understand the thinking of not going all out now if in a year's time this first jacket isn't going to fit you well, but if you're looking at spending $200-$300 on a leather jacket NOW what is the point? You're not saving any money by getting a less accurate jacket. You could spend $150 and get one of Todd's jackets that IS accurate and will undoubtedly last you the year or so until you are ready to get another jacket.

So um, yeah...Kinda confused. :|
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

gwyddion wrote:
blueoakleyz wrote:Wow that's nitpicky
sorry but that's totally lame
I don't see the A2 as an Indy jacket because it misses a lot of features an Indy jacket has. But I understand that you on the other hand see it as an Indy jacket because it was what it was based on.

The nitpicky you mentioned comes with the territory of this hobby: a big part of it is telling hats and or jackets appart from the 4 films, which is something most people can't do. Most of us here can tell a Raiders screenshot from a TOD screenshot from an LC screenshot from a CS screenshot just by looking at the jacket/hat, something George Lucas swears is impossible :roll:

So nitpicky is what we are and what most of us have become over here. Just a few months ago I couldn't tell the jackets appart, and a year ago I would have mistaken an A2 for an Indy jacket. Just by being here and learning things you get so trained in spotting the differences that you forget that it isn't obvious to everyone.

Regards, Geert
Well the nitpicky is understandable when you're in the realm of trying to get something actually SA. When you get a completely different class of coat and are just getting it as a casual coat that looks like Indy's.. it's more of a casual thing and nothing to be picky about. Like people are picky about the ribbons and bows on fedoras and I can understand that. If you are getting an Indy jacket that's supposed to be SA and something is 1/2" off from the original that's understandable too. I mean I can definitely tell the jackets apart between Raiders and Last Crusade with the bigger flaps and the extra buttons and the cut and fit etc.. But again that's within the realm of actual Indy jackets

And lucas is insane, that should be a given
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

WinstonWolf359 wrote:I'm confused. :-k

You want a durable jacket, but what makes you think an Indy accurate jacket wouldn't be durable? There's a thread floating around on the first page of the jacket section of a ten-year-old Wested that looks amazing and is still in great shape, and will probably last another thirty years if it doesn't get drug behind a truck. As for features, I'm not aware of any difference in features between an A-2 and an Indy jacket. They're both leather, and have two sleeves and a zipper. What more do you need?

But you want a jacket that looks kinda like an Indy jacket, but isn't 100% accurate, so people won't think it IS an Indy jacket? I think the general public thinks EVERY brown leather jacket IS an Indy jacket or a Fonzie jacket, no matter WHAT the little details are.

Now I do understand the thinking of not going all out now if in a year's time this first jacket isn't going to fit you well, but if you're looking at spending $200-$300 on a leather jacket NOW what is the point? You're not saving any money by getting a less accurate jacket. You could spend $150 and get one of Todd's jackets that IS accurate and will undoubtedly last you the year or so until you are ready to get another jacket.

So um, yeah...Kinda confused. :|
I could get an Indy jacket that's made from the same material. I'm not saying it wouldn't be durable. I'm saying that I'd like an Indy jacket for normal everyday wear but if I were to get an expensive jacket it would HAVE to have such and such features such as elastic cuffs.. so I'm just getting the next best thing so to speak as a trade off for what I like in a coat.
It might be a small detail to those used to Indy cuffs but as I am a short it really bothers me to have sleeves hanging past my wrist. I could get it tailored but eh I like the elastic cuffs better.

But I'm not getting the jacket to have an Indy costume jacket I'm getting it to have an everyday leather jacket that everyone would think was Indy's.
I mean come on who WOULDN'T think that if I had that jacket on and a fedora

It's not to say though that I wouldn't want an Indy jacket as a costume piece too.. It's just not priority or sensible right now

I have a black "leather" jacket I got from walgreens for $50 that I call my Indy jacket right now..
the A-2 2000 will obviously be much closer

Believe me I was tempted to get the Indy one but I just can't deal with the sleeves
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

WinstonWolf359 wrote:As for features, I'm not aware of any difference in features between an A-2 and an Indy jacket.
That depends on whether or not your definition of features includes stuff like knitted cufs or "action"pleats or little things like that. ;-)

Regards, Geert
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

blueoakleyz wrote:But I'm not getting the jacket to have an Indy costume jacket I'm getting it to have an everyday leather jacket that everyone would think was Indy's.
Why not create a concept indy costume while you're at it? In the concept drawings Indy wore an A2, so that would be a great idea even us gearheads could understand ;-)

Regards, Geert
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

gwyddion wrote:
blueoakleyz wrote:But I'm not getting the jacket to have an Indy costume jacket I'm getting it to have an everyday leather jacket that everyone would think was Indy's.
Why not create a concept indy costume while you're at it? In the concept drawings Indy wore an A2, so that would be a great idea even us gearheads could understand ;-)

Regards, Geert
Lol I'd rather wait until I can spend $1000 on the most SA Indy jacket I can get
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

blueoakleyz wrote:
gwyddion wrote:

Regards, Geert
Lol I'd rather wait until I can spend $1000 on the most SA Indy jacket I can get
Well, the only other thing I can think of that was different from how Indy looked on screen was a gunbelt with a strap that went over his shoulder. I could be wrong on this, but if you allready have pants and shirt allong that hat and the new A2, this would mean it wouldn't cost you that much to complete it ;-)

Regards, Geert
Indiana Whit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Whit »

I don't think having some of the SA features are going to necessarily mean you can't wear the jacket in real life scenarios. It's NOT a halloween costume, but a well-crafted leather jacket, after all. I've head A leather jacket before and the thing was tough as ####, you could drag me behind a military vehicle and I'd wager it'd hold up! And that was just some dud I picked up at a thrift shop for $20, not a Wested. I'd seriously doubt if the thing's going to fall apart on you just because you made it SA a little more, know what I mean? I mean yeah some details like the zipper you might want to change or larger pockets so you can actually fit things in there, but on the whole?

I have the same worry as you in sizing but sort of in reverse- I plan on gaining 10-20 lbs of muscle in the next year, so I'm afraid of it being to SMALL if anything- if I have 16" biceps now, what do I do with my special ordered jacket when they're 17" or even 18" and the sleeves are too narrow? What if I go to a 46 chest and ordered a 42 or 44? Order larger now and deal with it being baggy for a year? But I'll have to take that chance and figure not being able to fit a jacket I spent a few hundred on is a small price to pay for being in better shape.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

For ****'s sake, an Indy Jacket is just like the 1930-50's leather utility jackets men used to wear. They had open cuffs and no silly woollen knits. They predate the A2 and are tough wearing real-life jackets, just like an Indy Jacket, which is really just a modern version of the utility jacket. The US Wings Indy jackets for instance are sold by the score to tradesmen.
Vegeta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Vegeta »

Yeah...thats nothin like an indy jacket...I dont care what you say. No elastic garbage...man up and get a real indy jacket.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I think some are really missing blue's point here. He understands and likes the LOOK of the Indy jacket, but it's not the sort of thing he'd be comfortable wearing everyday. He wants to dress in the spirit of Indy, so he's compromising. Isn't that what this community is supposed to be about (at least in part). The spirit of Indiana Jones and adventure in general. Who gives a flying fez about an accurate gear piece if you aren't going to want to wear it!?! NOBODY should be throwing stones at this guy for wanting an A2 and being proud about it. Least of all on this forum. To paraphrase certain important powers on COW; people who walk around dressed like a fictional character should be careful about judging others.
Indiana Whit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Whit »

Chewbacca Jones wrote: people who walk around dressed like a fictional character should be careful about judging others.
haha niiice :lol:

quite a valid point though. There are just two different SORTS around here, those who just want a 'like' jacket and those who want their jacket handed to them by harrison ford himself right off the set...so to speak. Personally I want a SA one, but I can't fault someone for going for the general look! There's something to be said about even having a brown leather jacket- I just don't see them often. At all. Around here anyway (WI). They always seem to be black if they're leather, and I never see front patch pockets.
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

Vegeta wrote:Yeah...thats nothin like an indy jacket...I dont care what you say. No elastic garbage...man up and get a real indy jacket.
You man up. Respect blue and the jacket he wants.

I think the A-2 is a nice jacket. Order the jacket you want, blue and if it makes you feel like Indy, then call it your Indy jacket. Wear it in good health, buddy ;-)
whipitgood
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Los Angeles "A handsome devil in the city of angels."

Post by whipitgood »

I love A-2's, but would prefer an authentic one. I just keep getting outbid :x You can find great vintage A-2 style jackets all the time on Ebay. I had a couple over the years that were Hercules horsehides from the 40's & 50's and looked almost exactly like the real deal. They were still in great shape, durable and perfectly broken-in. The great thing was they only cost me $50 each. Get your A-2, but I say go vintage.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:I To paraphrase certain important powers on COW; people who walk around dressed like a fictional character should be careful about judging others.
:lol: 2 things. 1) I don't have any Indiana Jones costume items - just the jacket because it looks cool with jeans. Not all of us wear costumes.

2) To me Blue appears arrogant and somewhat disrespectful to the hobby here. I think he would be better served on a different site where A2's are popular and where he can explore the general 1930's adventuring gear that he appears content with.

But that's just my opinion... and I'm happy to express it. :mrgreen:
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Is having a laugh? :lol:

I have NO interest in A2s or classic or era specific jackets. It's not a hobby for me. It's just an Indy jacket. It's leather, it's brown, it has cargo pockets and tons about it are just like Indy's. It just happens to be a jacket I'd feel comfortable in.

I'm not trying to talk for everyone here but I doubt most people take this as a serious hobby that should be respected as some holy object.. Wanting an Indy jacket that isn't SA isn't disrespectful
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Blue, with responses like that I'm just going to continue assuming you're a practical joker who is taking the ****. Have fun.

:lol:
EchoSix
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by EchoSix »

Yeah... Make sure it doesn't come with shoulder pads! :lol: I just ripped mine out.

:)
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

CM wrote:Blue, with responses like that I'm just going to continue assuming you're a practical joker who is taking the ****. Have fun.

:lol:
You're being ridiculous

I'm not ordering a nonSA jacket just to tick you off.

I'm ordering a jacket *I* like so I can feel like I'm Indy in my childish mind while still having a great everyday jacket.
This is all for fun
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

EchoSix wrote:

Yeah... Make sure it doesn't come with shoulder pads! :lol: I just ripped mine out.

ooh shoulder pads? Is that standard on these?
EchoSix
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by EchoSix »

Well, I ordered a goat as part of the "special" that Wested offers, along with the shirt and pants. I guess because it's made in India (at a cheaper rate maybe?), they automatically put shoulder pads on everything that goes out of their country... Leather jackets, blouses, ties, rugs, curry, goats, curried goats, etc.

Yes... They sew shoulder pads onto their curried goats too. :)

Maybe just suggest that you'd rather not have the pads, to make sure they don't install them. For the custom jackets, they may not even do it.

blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

lmao
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

blueoakleyz wrote:I'm ordering a jacket *I* like so I can feel like I'm Indy in my childish mind while still having a great everyday jacket.
This is all for fun

Soo... then why not, with all the available resources here, actually buy an INDY jacket? Get an off-the-rack Wested if you're not fussed about SA. At least that way it's still an INDY jacket. I mean, here you are at the world's foremost Jones outfit resourse hub, declaring you're about to order an 'INDY' jacket (your words), and you want something that doesn't even come close?! :shock:

#-o

I've gotta agree with CM on this. Just seems a little nonsensical. But hey, it's your money.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

CM wrote:) To me Blue appears arrogant and somewhat disrespectful to the hobby here. I think he would be better served on a different site where A2's are popular and where he can explore the general 1930's adventuring gear that he appears content with.
Seems to me that you are the one being disrespectful... TO A MEMBER! (People first, dude) And terribly inhospitable, too boot. You're pretty much showing him the door over the fact that he's more comfortable with an A2! OMG! He likes elastic cuffs! That's a bit over the top.

I think your opinion is clear on the subject at hand. How about toning it down or backing off, now? Let's keep it civilized and gentlemanly (and gentlewomanly). He stated his reasons that a "true Indy jacket" won't due, and they make sense. Let's concentrate on advice concerning the jacket style he has chosen.

NO SHOULDER PADS!!! :x Other than that; enjoy.
EchoSix
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by EchoSix »

After re-reading some of the comments up above, all I can think of is an episode of Seinfeld where George is trying to impress a girl, but he doen't want to let her know w ht he really does for a living.

So Jerry suggests he lie about his career and say he's an architect or something, instead.

So George says, "Hmmph. I always wanted to pretend to be an Architect."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry... The talk about wanting an Indy Jacket that "looks" like and Indy jacket, made me think of that.

I have no opinion, in either direction.

Except for redheads. I'm leaning towards redheads. ;-) :whip:

CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:
CM wrote:) To me Blue appears arrogant and somewhat disrespectful to the hobby here. I think he would be better served on a different site where A2's are popular and where he can explore the general 1930's adventuring gear that he appears content with.
Seems to me that you are the one being disrespectful... TO A MEMBER! (People first, dude) And terribly inhospitable, too boot. You're pretty much showing him the door over the fact that he's more comfortable with an A2! OMG! He likes elastic cuffs! That's a bit over the top.

I think your opinion is clear on the subject at hand. How about toning it down or backing off, now? Let's keep it civilized and gentlemanly (and gentlewomanly). He stated his reasons that a "true Indy jacket" won't due, and they make sense. Let's concentrate on advice concerning the jacket style he has chosen.

NO SHOULDER PADS!!! :x Other than that; enjoy.
Calm down there, Partner... I'm entitled to my opinion and I wouldn't dream of showing him the door. I thought Blue might be better served on another site given his unusual (for this site) preferences. I was trying to help the guy, okay? I thought he wanted more info on A2's and needed some quality information on that particular choice. Then I figured he was taking the **** I must have read him wrong. :-k Now I don't know or especially care. I'll say no more abotu it since I've already made my points.

Cheers
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Ok first of all some of you are taking this too seriously. If you are just trying to help me with my jacket buying that's fine but don't say I can't call it an Indy jacket..
conceited_ape wrote:
blueoakleyz wrote:I'm ordering a jacket *I* like so I can feel like I'm Indy in my childish mind while still having a great everyday jacket.
This is all for fun

Soo... then why not, with all the available resources here, actually buy an INDY jacket? Get an off-the-rack Wested if you're not fussed about SA. At least that way it's still an INDY jacket. I mean, here you are at the world's foremost Jones outfit resourse hub, declaring you're about to order an 'INDY' jacket (your words), and you want something that doesn't even come close?! :shock:

#-o

I've gotta agree with CM on this. Just seems a little nonsensical. But hey, it's your money.
Because I'm not buying it for halloween I'm buying it for the winter and everyday jacket use. I don't want to wear a jacket like that that doesn't have elastic cuffs and nice side pockets.

Doesn't come close is reeeally stretching it. Look at this comparison pic and tell me it doesn't come close

CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

I'm done... I'm making no comment on that one. :shock:
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

A hobby like this really sharpens the eye, believe me. Ten years ago I'd have said, 'sure they're practically the same', but with all i've seen and learned over the years, all I can say is that they're both... brown. I cant un-know what I know in this case, but if you're happy getting a jacket like that in reference to Indiana Jones, then have at it and enjoy. I don't understand it personally, but you don't need me to. ;-)
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

Gonna chime in and agree with everyone else here as well. That jacket might as well be blue! Apples and oranges. What you should have done is gone to the MacGuyver forum for advice if you are planning on buying that jacket!!

Seriously, that photo didn't prove your point. Thos jackets are nothing alike.

I'm not saying it isn't a nice jacket though. I'm sure you'll love it. Looks good!
Gunk
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Gunk »

I have the goatskin Indy US Wings jacket.....I got it for 2 reasons 1) Halloween, but since there was a mix up with payment, my whip didn't come so I'm not going as Indy this year...anyways...2nd reason I got my Indy USWings goatskin jacket is because I wanted a REAL jacket that looked like Indy's. Lemme tell you so far in 40degree heavy winds this jacket holds up and you don't have that stupid elastic cloth anywhere. I dunno why you want an A2 jacket and calling it an Indy jacket but at the same time you're not getting one, the Indy style USWings jackets are the best for durability and real life wear as well as real Indy look.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Gunk wrote:the Indy style USWings jackets are the best for durability and real life wear as well as real Indy look.
They even have nice side pockets :)

I wouldn't wear anything but mine.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Gunk wrote:I have the goatskin Indy US Wings jacket.....I got it for 2 reasons 1) Halloween, but since there was a mix up with payment, my whip didn't come so I'm not going as Indy this year...anyways...2nd reason I got my Indy USWings goatskin jacket is because I wanted a REAL jacket that looked like Indy's. Lemme tell you so far in 40degree heavy winds this jacket holds up and you don't have that stupid elastic cloth anywhere. I dunno why you want an A2 jacket and calling it an Indy jacket but at the same time you're not getting one, the Indy style USWings jackets are the best for durability and real life wear as well as real Indy look.
Because I LIKE elastic cuffs? and otherwise it's just the same as Indy's to me.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

I finally think I grasp the nonsense that is this thread. Blue wants to buy a jacket. It is probably a very good jacket. It will make him very happy. His only mistake was even stopping by this forum because if you are going to start a thread on an Indy forum, saying you are going to order an Indy jacket, one would THINK that was your intention.

It is clear that blue does not want an Indy jacket. The jacket he has chosen and the pics he has shown are proof enough of that. Because of this, I don't really know what he is looking for from the members here.

Blue, the jacket you are looking at, while absolutely not an Indy jacket, is nice and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm just not sure what it is you want from the members of this forum. If you want to talk about Indy jackets, you are in the right place. If you want to talk about the jacket you are going to buy, you are probably not (like I said earlier, maybe a MacGuyver forum).

Enjoy your jacket, and be secure in the knowledge that nobody will think you are trying to look like Indy. Based on what you have said you want in a jacket, I think you are making the right choice.
Indiana Whit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Whit »

Not that trying to look like Indy is a crime ;)

Heck, after this one (if I don't end up getting another one because it doesnt fit or I screwed up) I plan on getting a Terminator 2 jacket like Arnold's! But nobody will notice because most people can't tell one black leather jacket from another :P
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

maboot38 wrote:I finally think I grasp the nonsense that is this thread. Blue wants to buy a jacket. It is probably a very good jacket. It will make him very happy. His only mistake was even stopping by this forum because if you are going to start a thread on an Indy forum, saying you are going to order an Indy jacket, one would THINK that was your intention.

It is clear that blue does not want an Indy jacket. The jacket he has chosen and the pics he has shown are proof enough of that. Because of this, I don't really know what he is looking for from the members here.

Blue, the jacket you are looking at, while absolutely not an Indy jacket, is nice and I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm just not sure what it is you want from the members of this forum. If you want to talk about Indy jackets, you are in the right place. If you want to talk about the jacket you are going to buy, you are probably not (like I said earlier, maybe a MacGuyver forum).

Enjoy your jacket, and be secure in the knowledge that nobody will think you are trying to look like Indy. Based on what you have said you want in a jacket, I think you are making the right choice.
Well said, Sir. Excellent points. Blue posting here is like an IBM enthusiast posting on a Mac forum. They're the same because they are both computers, right....? :o
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

CM wrote:
maboot38 wrote:I finally think I grasp the nonsense that is this thread. Blue wants to buy a jacket. It is probably a very good jacket. It will make him very happy. His only mistake was even stopping by this forum because if you are going to start a thread on an Indy forum, saying you are going to order an Indy jacket, one would THINK that was your intention.

Well said, Sir. Excellent points. Blue posting here is like an IBM enthusiast posting on a Mac forum. They're the same because they are both computers, right....? :o
"Nuff said"

Stan Lee
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

ok guys everybody read this.

get back to your corners and keep it civil in here.

If Blue wants a jacket with a pink elastics on it then good for him.its his choice and his money.