Interesting find when I closely examined my new AB fedora

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

davej1
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Interesting find when I closely examined my new AB fedora

Post by davej1 »

I was examining the workmanship of my newly aquired AB and found under the sweat band the following inscription. Personally Handcrafted by Steve Delk for Dave Johnston 2008. Has anyone else noticed this on their AB's? Just curious...
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

That hand written message is in all AB's including the Deluxe's, it's a nice personal touch :) . Correct me if im wrong but i think that a similar message is in the new penman lids....enjoy the AB they are spectacular :lol:

Cheers
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

You are correct but I will be topping writing everyones name in the sweatband. Due to to many people not giving me accurate measurements. I wouldn't feel right taking a hat back from someone who measured wrong and then sending it out as a new hat with someone else name in it. I will write in the size in inches the date and then sign it but thats all from now on.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Interesting find when I closely examined my new AB fedor

Post by Indiana Strones »

davej1 wrote:I was examining the workmanship of my newly aquired AB and found under the sweat band the following inscription. Personally Handcrafted by Steve Delk for Dave Johnston 2008. Has anyone else noticed this on their AB's? Just curious...
I would love to see a pic... :)
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

I'll see if I can take a pic of one of my AB. His been doing that for some time now.
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

Oak thats a pretty good idea as my AB is second hand and while its a beautiful and tough hat my name isnt on it, as it was custom made for another. I've a custom AB coming my way next summer but still your idea of scrapping the name would be good for the second hand market.

Cheers
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Oak, will you put names on request?

Dave
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

DR Ulloa wrote:Oak, will you put names on request?

Dave
Yes please...I love that my hat from you has my name on it.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

DR Ulloa wrote:Oak, will you put names on request?

Dave

For you Dave , that wont be a problem. I know you got your measurements correct.
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

My measurments to Oak were wrong, I gave him 2 differnt sizes and he told me to check again,and get help. When I did I found I was way off, when ordering a hat from Oak get help and you will not regret it, you'll get the right hat the first time. For more detail see the vendors section under measurements or in the post em uo section, I explained what I did and how Oak helped me find my right size. :)