When do you think my Fed IV might get here?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

When do you think my Fed IV might get here?

Post by blueoakleyz »

Ok so I'm just getting impatient but

ordered
early early morning Friday 10-10-2008
they emailed me that day and said it'd go out the next post (so on monday 10-13?) and I'm 104% sure Australians don't celebrate columbus day...

Oh I live in central cali
laughograms
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: When do you think my Fed IV might get here?

Post by laughograms »

blueoakleyz wrote:Ok so I'm just getting impatient but

ordered
early early morning Friday 10-10-2008
they emailed me that day and said it'd go out the next post (so on monday 10-13?) and I'm 104% sure Australians don't celebrate columbus day...

Oh I live in central cali
mine took 8 days to LA exactly.
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

:lol: What a coincidence! I ordered my Fed IV the same day, and got an email that evening saying the same thing. I've been checking the mail since Friday hoping and hoping...! Thanks for the info. I'm in Michigan so I guess I've got another day maybe to wait...
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

Well, let me know when you guys get yours, cause I only ordered mine one day later, and I got the same email too!
MustangLoverMex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by MustangLoverMex »

It depends on you're shipping method. I order using the EMS and took exactly 4 days to arrive (Mexico City).
In fact in the e-mail that they sent me said: "Don't be patient! If it doesn't arrives in 4 days, e-mail us!."

Hope that helps.

-Alfonso :)
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I agree you guys should get it any day now. My Akubra took less time to recieve than any peice of gear I ordered. Australia to Indiana in 6 days.
spenyk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by spenyk »

I ordered and recieved a conformation the 11th so I'm in the same boat. I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow! :[
Bandit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bandit »

Hahaha! I'm with you guys, got my confirmation on the 13th
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

Looks like a lot of people are taking advantage of that exchange rate after all.
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

Darn! I'm really getting antsy! I thought for sure mine would come today, since most people on this board seem to have gotten theirs in 6 to 8 days. I'm on the eighth day and no hat. :cry: I wish now I'd had it shipped EMS, but I was trying to save money. At least I could track where it is, and not have fevered visions of lost packages swirling through my paranoid brain... :anxious:

But that's how it goes, you pay up, or you wait.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

jasonalun wrote:Darn! I'm really getting antsy! I thought for sure mine would come today, since most people on this board seem to have gotten theirs in 6 to 8 days. I'm on the eighth day and no hat. :cry: I wish now I'd had it shipped EMS, but I was trying to save money. At least I could track where it is, and not have fevered visions of lost packages swirling through my paranoid brain... :anxious:

But that's how it goes, you pay up, or you wait.
Same here I was SURE it'd come today but now I have to wait until at least Thursday because of going out of town. So it comes by USPS right?

Fri,sat,sun,mon,tue,wed,thur,fri,sat,sun,mon,tue... 12 days from order so far.. dang
Bandit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bandit »

Can't count sundays (and saturdays?) Mine didn't come either.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Bandit wrote:Can't count sundays (and saturdays?) Mine didn't come either.
Lol they were days I had to wait so I'm counting them.
twilekjedi
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by twilekjedi »

My confirmation was on the 13th, but I'm on the East Coast so perhaps it'll take longer to get across the country? That's assuming that they ship across the Pacific way. Plus, I'm sure they were pretty busy with all of us taking advantage of the exchange rate.

We need a "twiddling thumbs" emoticon.
spenyk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by spenyk »

no luck today :( ohh I hope it comes before friday does UPS ship saturdays?:
ulldarborealis
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ulldarborealis »

from the day I ordered to the day it arrived 7days

from AUS to Canada west coast Whistler
Indiana Venkman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Venkman »

I should have jumped on this last week when our Canadian dollar was stronger. Not so much of a deal for us today. Still thinking about doing it though, I'm on the fence about getting one or just riding out my wait for a Camptown. :?
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

I couldn't resist - I emailed Ron and asked whether it was UPS or regular mail after my hat didn't show up today, the 9th day from shipping. Ron was real good about it, seeing as how I'm technically pestering him since it hasn't been 10 days yet. He said it should arrive any day now (of course!) and that it arrives via USPS - that's regular mail. I would need to sign for it too, so I couldn't miss it.

I was thinking maybe it was UPS, too, hoping against hope that it might still come in the afternoon after another morning of disappointment finding only junk mail on my stoop. :cry: Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

It's funny - I ordered the Fed to help me get through the waiting for my Henry (and because of the great exchange rate!), but the way things are shaking out they could actually end up arriving at the same time! :lol: They certainly will arrive within a few days of each other. I found out after I ordered my Fed that my Henry shipped out either last Friday or this Monday, so I figure it could arrive Friday or next Monday. I've never ordered anything from Portugal, so I have no idea how long it takes, but I get things from Germany at lot, and that's only a week or so.
spenyk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by spenyk »

I ordered using air mail so does that mean it will not come by UPS also?
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

Yes, it comes by US Postal Service - USPS. It's easy to confuse with "UPS", but they're totally different.
Last edited by jasonalun on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ulldarborealis
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ulldarborealis »

yes did that that like 3 weeks ago before the bottom fell out of the dollar

I'm going to the QM summit and I didn't think my Camptown would make it so I bit the bullet and went with one of these cant go to the QM with no Fedora :roll:

heres hoping the Camptown gets to us by the new year

richard
Indiana Venkman wrote:I should have jumped on this last week when our Canadian dollar was stronger. Not so much of a deal for us today. Still thinking about doing it though, I'm on the fence about getting one or just riding out my wait for a Camptown. :?
dirtyindianasolo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by dirtyindianasolo »

I'm still waiting on mine as well (USA). I ordered a Fed IV Deluxe on the 12th & got the shipping confirmation on the 13th.

I spoke with Jenny today (via email) and she said that it was possible that our hats are being delayed slightly going through customs due to the huge quantity of Australian exports going on now. Of course, Hatsdirect has no control over this. Hopefully, any day now.

BTW, just gotta praise Jenny and Hatsdirect. Great customer service. Now if I can only get my great hat...........
Bandit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bandit »

Mine didn't come today either

I have a feeling all of ours will come on the same day
spenyk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by spenyk »

tomorrow hopefully :)
twilekjedi
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by twilekjedi »

"Patience!"

blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

"This is intolerable"
Indiana Joosse
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joosse »

Well, I'm in the boat with you guys as well now.

Ordered on the 21st, confirmed on the 22nd.

So I'll keep an eye out for when yours arrive on here as well as an indication... [-o<
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

Just got a call from my wife that a big box from Australia arrived! \:D/ \:D/ :) Have pics up tonight hopefully. Might be late though - I've gotta run somewhere right after work and don't get back home till 9-ish.
Indiana Gregory
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indiana Gregory »

I also placed my order on the 12th and received confirmation on the 13th that the hats were shipping on next post, which may have been the 14th(?).

Patience? Patience. [-o<

I keep having visions :-0 of my two hats stuck in customs somewhere while some [fill in the blank] who is having a bad day decides to vent his anger my way by declaring that I'm the 'lucky' guy who gets to pay duties! :twisted:

...my hero :x

Patience.
spenyk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by spenyk »

congrats jasonalun :notworthy: will look forward to the pictures. Although no hat came today I'm sure that I will receive it soon now that you have.
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

Here they are, guys : viewtopic.php?p=498292#498292
Bandit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bandit »

I luck for me today. Congrats to those who did get theirs today!
BelloqObama
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by BelloqObama »

I too ordered one on the 10th. Still, nothing. Sadness.
dirtyindianasolo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Mine didn't come today either.

Hopefully tomorrow or Monday based upon jasonalun's order date and location.

BTW, jasonalun, that's a great looking hat and family you've got there.
twilekjedi
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by twilekjedi »

jasonalun wrote:Just got a call from my wife that a big box from Australia arrived! \:D/ \:D/ :) Have pics up tonight hopefully. Might be late though - I've gotta run somewhere right after work and don't get back home till 9-ish.
AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :clap:

Great photos, jasonalun! Congrats
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

Thank you for the kind words, dirtyindianasolo (interesting name you've got there!) and twilekjedi. :)
dirtyindianasolo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Hi jasonalun,

"dirtyindianasolo" is my poor attempt to come up with a clever screen name.

Dirty = Dirty Harry (I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan, especially the westerns & the Dirty Harry movies)
Indiana = well, we all know who that is
Solo = HF's alter ego in those little Star Wars movies

Pretty much the movies I grew up on as a kid. Kinda hard to also work James Bond into my screen name. It's convoluted enough as it is. :lol:

Enjoy your hat! Can't wait to get mine.

jasonalun wrote:Thank you for the kind words, dirtyindianasolo (interesting name you've got there!) and twilekjedi. :)
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

I get it - clever indeed. :) Hope you get your hat soon. You'll love it. I was impressed by the quality - it was actually even better than I expected. Great first Indy hat. I've got a Henry coming next week probably, that I hope to be my "Raiders" hat. My FedIV will be my "Last Crusade" hat.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Oh man.. didn't come today
I can't believe it :( I'm gutted
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

I'm in the same boat with you guys (should have read this thread sooner so I could have had a support group ;-) ). I got my email confirmation on the 12 so mine should have been sent out the 13 (sound familiar?). Tomorrow is day 10 so here's hoping...
BelloqObama
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by BelloqObama »

I'll be praying to Siva that we all get our hats tomorrow.
spenyk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by spenyk »

nada :(
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

No new Fed today but I did get my Keppler in so it was still a great day.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

ehhh I give up on it ever coming now :(
Indiana Venkman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

I find it a touch laughable that so many people are getting fed up after their hats are a day or two late from their one week estimate. Try waiting for months on end with no idea when your hat is even going to ship and then you can start to get antsy.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Indiana Venkman wrote:I find it a touch laughable that so many people are getting fed up after their hats are a day or two late from their one week estimate. Try waiting for months on end with no idea when your hat is even going to ship and then you can start to get antsy.
Well that's quite a big difference. With one of those hats like an AB I'd just resign to keeping it out of my mind and hope it showed up within the next 2 years and let it surprise me. But something off the shelf, ready to ship.. being my first fedora, makes me really antsy.

Just imagine how I feel.. on monday I go check the mail convinced it would be there.. Nope. Tuesday.. ok it's GOT to be there today... nope. Go on vacation wednesday/thursday, check thursday night thinking well obviously it came... nope. Check TODAY and... nope.
Two weeks of that is painful
Last edited by blueoakleyz on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasonalun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jasonalun »

Take heart, friend! It could come tomorrow - USPS delivers on Saturdays. 8)

I certainly sympathize with you, this being my first Indy hat. Like you, I got this expecting a quick turnaround. I've also ordered an ABD, but I know I'm not going to get that for a longgg time so I don't even think about it. Not the same at all.
Indiana Venkman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

blueoakleyz wrote:Well that's quite a big difference. With one of those hats like an AB I'd just resign to keeping it out of my mind and hope it showed up within the next 2 years and let it surprise me. But something off the shelf, ready to ship.. being my first fedora, makes me really antsy.

Just imagine how I feel.. on monday I go check the mail convinced it would be there.. Nope. Tuesday.. ok it's GOT to be there today... nope. Go on facation wednesday/thursday, check thursday night thinking well obviously it came... nope. Check TODAY and... nope.
NO, not an AB. I ordered a Camptown. Was told I'd have it in a couple of weeks. It's been months and I still have no idea at all as to if I'd even get it by the new year. Now you at least have a tracking number and a week before Halloween gets here. Sorry if I have little sympathy, it's only been a week for you. And this would be my first real Indy hat, too.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Indiana Venkman wrote:
blueoakleyz wrote:Well that's quite a big difference. With one of those hats like an AB I'd just resign to keeping it out of my mind and hope it showed up within the next 2 years and let it surprise me. But something off the shelf, ready to ship.. being my first fedora, makes me really antsy.

Just imagine how I feel.. on monday I go check the mail convinced it would be there.. Nope. Tuesday.. ok it's GOT to be there today... nope. Go on facation wednesday/thursday, check thursday night thinking well obviously it came... nope. Check TODAY and... nope.
NO, not an AB. I ordered a Camptown. Was told I'd have it in a couple of weeks. It's been months and I still have no idea at all as to if I'd even get it by the new year. Now you at least have a tracking number and a week before Halloween gets here. Sorry if I have little sympathy, it's only been a week for you. And this would be my first real Indy hat, too.
Yeah that's painful.
I didn't get a tracking #.. do they have those for Feds?
It's been two weeks
Indiana Gregory
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indiana Gregory »

dirtyindianasolo wrote:Hi jasonalun,

"dirtyindianasolo" is my poor attempt to come up with a clever screen name.

Dirty = Dirty Harry (I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan, especially the westerns & the Dirty Harry movies)
Indiana = well, we all know who that is
Solo = HF's alter ego in those little Star Wars movies

Pretty much the movies I grew up on as a kid. Kinda hard to also work James Bond into my screen name. It's convoluted enough as it is. :lol:

Enjoy your hat! Can't wait to get mine.

jasonalun wrote:Thank you for the kind words, dirtyindianasolo (interesting name you've got there!) and twilekjedi. :)
Could have been dirtyindianasolo07 :)