Raiders jacket fit.this is why I have allways....

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Holt
Craftsman

Raiders jacket fit.this is why I have allways....

Post by Holt »

seen the raiders jacket as a kinda baggy jacket and not a skin tight fit.as many like it to be......so I think if you want this look go for a regular cut with costum specs...allthough I love the fit of my special rola offer which is an 80's cut...but for Screen acurracy I think regular is the way to go....

Not that this such an important thread,just sharing my thoughts.And I figured I could show you what I mean by what I'm allways saying about baggnies.

thoughts?

ImageImage
ImageImage

Last edited by Holt on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I've always wanted to get a size up in the 80's cut. That may be the key to getting the correct ratio of bagginess and slim.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yes that could be like a cool thing to try.but it would be bigger in the upper torso then a regualr fit right? and it would be bigger in the back to and then you'd get an even more batwing effect in the back..just thinking outloud here.... :-k
lpa53
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

I'm With Holt - Hopefully

Post by lpa53 »

I was agonizing tonight, hoping I made the right choice a few weeks ago when ordering my first jacket, a Wested standard cut Raiders dark lamb.

I was thinking at first of the 80s cut but went with the standard because in cooler weather I may wear a light sweater beneath and i really do like wrinkling in the sleeves on the pics. that brings out the distressing for sure and makes it look more lived-in.

Besides, I'm an older guy and not so trim anymore. Not only do I not have G.I. Joe hands, I don't have much G.I. Joe anything.

So thanks for making me feel better, Holt :lol:
Holt
Craftsman

Re: I'm With Holt - Hopefully

Post by Holt »

[quote="lpa53"]. Not only do I not have G.I. Joe hands, I don't have much G.I. Joe anything.

:[/quote]

why is everybody making so much fun of my hands lately? :[ :lol:
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Holt I agree with you about your opinion on Raiders bagginess. ;-)
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

I think it's a misunderstanding based on some Raven bar shots. It's easy to demonstrate that if you have the right body every standard cut jacket looks as a slim fit, if you understand what I mean.
Last edited by Indiana Strones on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
morganswift

Post by morganswift »

You mean this shot?

Looks pretty snug to me! :[ :whip:

But actually, holt makes a pretty strong case for bagginess...

Alex
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

I mean this scene. Sorry for the bad quality of the pics.

morganswift

Post by morganswift »

Hmm, looks baggy when open but snug when zipped up. Unless there was a variation in sizes throughout the movie which is very possible...
r.deckard
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by r.deckard »

Those pics are pretty much how my Todd's custom fits me.
Doeindy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Essex, England (Ole U.K.) were the rain forever falls. 29 mins down the road from Wested leather!

Post by Doeindy »

My Raiders jacket fits like the first set of four pictures; my jacket is quite baggy all round to be honest and just drapes everywhere. Main places are where the pockets are; so much that I think this is where my jacket stitching will go first.

Just my opinion; btw my jacket is made of Goat.

Paul
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I agree the raven bar jacket is the most snuggest jaclet.

who knows if that jacket was a stuntman jacket and made for a complelty different body type? we all know that Ford used Vic's jacket in TofD maby this was the same case?.......but only with a snugger jacket
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Doeindy wrote:My Raiders jacket fits like the first set of four pictures; my jacket is quite baggy all round to be honest and just drapes everywhere. Main places are where the pockets are; so much that I think this is where my jacket stitching will go first.

Just my opinion; btw my jacket is made of Goat.

Paul
Hey Paul,

Have you got your collar to behave now?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Paul dont worrie about the stitching.if it comes loose then just fix it at a local tailor.or drop in at westeds maby?
JimL
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JimL »

I see the observations here, and just wanted to chime in a bit (take it or leave it).

When clothing is tailor made for the wearer, it often exibits this appearance- loose, but snug at the same time. In other words, when clothing is tailored for the wearer, there is 'just enough' material in strategic locations to allow freedom of movement (no seam pulling), without having to have material where it is not needed to cover (for example) a "spare tire" that may or may not be there.

A "fitted" shirt fits with very little extra material all around the body. I wear these because I happen to be fortunate enough to not have the 'spare tire'. However, for those who do, if they wear this shirt, it will appear too small, as the buttons in the lower torso are pulled tight. Conversely, if I wear a 'stanard cut' dress shirt, it is often baggy in the torso on me, so I have to collect the extra material behind me and tuck it in. If I don't do this, the shirt appears to be 'too big' even though it is my correct size.

I am not saying the jacket is, or is not baggy, I am just pointing this out, because the same jacket zipped and unzipped can have very different appearance based on how it was tailored, who it was tailored for (i.e. Ford grabs a stunt jaket) and also how tight/loose the side straps happen to be in the jacket example here.

So, those are my thoughts... Carry on! ;-)