HJ Crest

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

RD623
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

HJ Crest

Post by RD623 »

As a new member, I would first like to thank the many contributors who frequent these portals. I feel a definite kinship to you all as I share your passion for the ultimate screen accurate fedora. This quest is my reason for this, my first post.
One of my hats is a Herbert Johnson, which, in spite of its slight taper and floppy nature, is still a Herbert Johnson! :? This hat presently has the white satin liner with the Herbert Johnson name in gold script. I would like to replace the script with the crest, and was hoping someone could suggest a source of the liners, or some other solution.
I read today that Todd's is now offering their HJ's with the maroon crest on the satin liner, so I e-mailed them to ask if they might sell a liner to me. We shall see.
I tried to find similar posts and found a few, but none providing the specific information I'm looking for.
Thanks to you all!
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Sourcing that might be tough. Hopefully Todd will be able to supply you wih one. I have seen a black linet with the HJ script in maroon and it looked great. That is another alternative. You could also try to make your own liner. It isn't that difficult. Oh, and welcome.

Dave
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

Welcome to COW!

Herbert Johnson sells the crest stickers - e-mail them.

http://www.herbert-johnson.co.uk/
michaelb
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by michaelb »

I have spoken to Todd and HJ, both on phone and email and could not get a crest liner no matter how hard I tried.

MB
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

That's odd. I ordered a new liner and crest for my HJ some time ago. Other members have also ordered crests without problem.

IIRC, I spoke directly with HJ in Cambridge, but it might be an idea to check with Swaine Adeney (swaineadeney@btconnect.com) as well.
RD623
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

HJ Crest

Post by RD623 »

Todd emailed and said he couln't help.

I forwarded a message to Swain Adeney, and I received an inquiry asking what the purpose was for the crest, as these are normally used on new caps or hats. I responded with an honest answer. Needless to say I'm not hopeful!
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

I just told them I wished to refurbish my old HJ. As I mentioned above, it shouldn't be the first time someone inquires about replacement crests? :-s

Here's my old Todd's HJ, after modding: