LC Clover ZIPPO "HELP!" (Oh... THAT's Original!)

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

LC Clover ZIPPO "HELP!" (Oh... THAT's Original!)

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Hi everyone,

I'm sure I'm asking a question that's been asked a hundred times before... but I'm hoping that THIS question has an answer that someone on these boards knows the straightforward, simple answer to (or is a question that there IS a straightforward, simple answer to!)
I've tried doing the research here on these boeards on this subject, but I'm getting so "spun around" I'm feeling like a newbie all over again!

I'd like to get a the MOST Screen Accurate Last Crusade Zippo there IS.

I know (or THINK) that Relic Raider's Junk Box is who I need to be dealing with, but I've got a few questions:
- Has he resumed making these lighters? (I believe he was taking a break)
- Assuming that price is no object, is there a general concensus as to what particular lighter IS, in fact, the MOST Accurate Version of that as seen on screen? (I've heard people say "The #200's are the way to go" - but does that mean the Brushed, Satin or Street Chrome? And for that matter IS it supposed to have some kind of "badge" on it or was it just an emblem sorta printed on the side?)

I'm actually getting the lighter for someone who'd LOVE one of these, but I'd want it to be as SA as possible. I really don't know all that much about the specifics of this particular piece of gear - I'm more of a "Hat" guy - and am just looking for a straightforward (hopefully simple) answer.

Please help out a fellow COW Member who's woefully undereducated on the specifics of the LC Zippo. (If you'd like to, feel free to use Hat Terms like "Well, THAT one is more the Herbert Johnson of the Zippos whereas THIS one is the Adventurebilt Deluxe" or whatever works for you.)

I need a little direction - or a dead-on ANSWER - please.
Thanks (hopefully) for whatever help you can give.
Mitch
:?
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

For the most SA lighter, get a plain Zippo, some Testors paint, and take your time. You need a steady hand and lots of patience. The original was hand painted, right?
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

BOINKFFD
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by BOINKFFD »

Just received my 200 from RR nad its a very nice addition to my collection.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Thanks (again) VP!
Mitch