Source for Alden's Laces?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Source for Alden's Laces?

Post by Hedji »

I just bought a wonderful pair of Aldens from a COW member, but it needs laces. I know nothing of screen accuracy for these. Does anyone have a source for laces? Or what length should they be? I am assuming they would be round brown laces.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

viewtopic.php?t=28293

Give schmidty a call, or PM. He's the source.
:)
Regards! Michaelson
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

This is what Schmidty told me back in May:

Unfortunately, I do not carry ALDEN replacement laces. I do however, carry a 45" flat brown dress lace. Similar, but not the same. Alden wants a lot of money (like $4) for something as simple as shoe laces. The laces I have are $2. You could also go to a shoe repair shop locally and ask if they stock a 45" flat brown dress lace. If they don't, I'm sure they could get one. If you want me to mail you a pair let me know.
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

I emailed Alden and they sent me a pair for free? They just asked me for my address.
tunic
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tunic »

I also emailed Aldon and they sent me 2 pair . The ones that they sent me were thicker then the ones I got when I bought the boots. I would email them.
naW ibO bulC
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by naW ibO bulC »

I thought the laces were kind of the weak side and would not take long to wear out and break so I took them off and went to the local Bob's store and bought real boot laces that are round and alternate between brown and black, I would have preferred all brown but they didn't have any. Once I got them on I realized they looked fine and I couldn't be happier. I'll try to get some pictures up in a few weeks when my Magnoli pants come in.
Cheers,
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Sorry for the bum tip, Hedji. I DO remember schmidty saying that now, but had forgotten.
:oops:
Still, you could contact him to see if anything has changed since now that Aldens have realized they were wrong and schmidty right about us and the number of orders that they have received through his store that we ARE a group to be reckoned with.....just like he said. ;-)

Regards! Michaelson
Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hedji »

Is this the right address:

general@aldenshoe.com

So, I should just email them and say, "Hey, can I have brown laces for a pair of Alden 405s?"
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Hedji wrote:Is this the right address:

general@aldenshoe.com

So, I should just email them and say, "Hey, can I have brown laces for a pair of Alden 405s?"
I used online@aldenshoe.com

I would phrase it that you need a pair of replacement laces for the 405. That's what I did. :)
Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hedji »

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Schmidty kindly replied to my pm to possibly be getting some soon, so either way, it looks like I am covered. 8)
Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hedji »

Just an update: Schmidty has come through for me! He's good people. Thumbs way up! :tup:
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

Justin boots makes a small round solid brown lace for their roper style boots that's perfect for Aldens and lasts forever. I've been using them for five or six years now. I get them in a western supply store.
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

JC1972 wrote:I used online@aldenshoe.com

I would phrase it that you need a pair of replacement laces for the 405. That's what I did. :)
That's the same address I used.

I asked how I can order 2 pairs of replacement laces for Alden 405s. Got an email back asking for my address, and they would be sent out. I responded with my addy, and asked how much and how I could go about making payment. Got a very nice reply saying they would be sent out...complimentary like. :)