My Wested is on order

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

sphughes
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

My Wested is on order

Post by sphughes »

After reading many helpful posts here, I narrowed my choices down to a couple. I could not get the G & B Expedition in HH according to the individual I spoke with there and I felt pretty strongly that HH was the way I wanted to go. After waffling back and forth I pulled the trigger and ordered a custom HH from Peter. I received the order confirmation for Gemma this morning and have crossed my fingers. I found myself over thinking too many things and measuring over and over again. Using their tables, my cloth tape and hopefully some common sense, I sent in the measurements and the completed order form

Now the waiting begins.......

-Scott
indyrocks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyrocks »

Scott,

I ordered a custom Wested about a week ago as well. About 5 days after placing my order I contacted Gemma to have it re-cut to the 80's fit since I didn't realize this was an option initially. I'm tall and slimish so I'm hoping this will look great (like it did on Harrison :wink: )

In any case I'm with you on the wait. Mine's authentic brown lamb and I'm stoked!! (All satin lining as well)
Last edited by indyrocks on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

you'll love it, I got a goat off the rack and I just love my jacket, it's funny I've owned a lot of lather jackets but this one is just so special. You will not regret it at all. good luck and enjoy.
Coven
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Coven »

My birthday is tomorrow so my fiance surprised me with an off the rack lambskin Wested. She had it delivered to my office and I've been running around with it on all morning :) Its a shame its August or I'd be wearing it home tonight. You're going to love your jacket.
msrowe88
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Wested

Post by msrowe88 »

I ordered my LC in Novapelle on the 28th and it came today, I was surprized it came so soon really.

I like it a lot but the sleeves could be a bit roomier

...and I find it funny they include an authenticity cert for "Raiders Jacket" when it's a Last Crusade model.

:whip:
sphughes
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by sphughes »

Is there any average wait time? I realize OTR is essentially order processing and shipping whereas custom requires additional labor. I'm just very anxious to have it.

I went to the Vanson outlet store yesterday and tried on a couple jackets and the 50s were very tight on me. Too tight in fact though the 50s I have fit great. They had a sweet brandy new Mustang in thick black on the clearance rack I negotiated them from $285 down to $200. Normal retail was $475 and I wanted it bad, but........

I hope that my measurements to Peter are appropriate and though I know the leather will loosen up a bit, I am starting to sweat a bit. I think I will head off to a Bike apparel store today and try on a few others just as a check.

-Scott
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

I don't know about average wait times, but I ordered my custom Wested in June, and it arrived exactly two weeks from the day I placed my order. Mind you, I didn't make any special requests--just filled out the online form and sent the measurements they requested.

The jacket I received fits exactly how I wanted it to, and all the measurements were dead-on to what I sent them...except for the back length, which was 1.5" longer than my measurement. I must say, however, that I believe Wested was correct in making this change as my jacket seems to be proportionally correct and would likely have been too short if they'd used my measurement.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Wested

Post by CM »

msrowe88 wrote:I ordered my LC in Novapelle on the 28th and it came today, I was surprized it came so soon really.

I like it a lot but the sleeves could be a bit roomier

...and I find it funny they include an authenticity cert for "Raiders Jacket" when it's a Last Crusade model.

:whip:
The other funny bit is that they appear to be made from different patterns than the film versions. Authentic?