2nd rip-off of fall&cracker

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

2nd rip-off of fall&cracker

Post by Andymac84 »

Hey guys.

Today, at handling my bullwhip, the cracker was ripped off at the near end of the fall. But I always used pecards before and after using it. And I also don't handled it with a "strong" hand, always light and easy...
What's wrong then?? Any suggestions?? More Pecards? Trade the fall??
Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Andymac84 »

Or maybe another method to attach the cracker ... :-k
Kiscien
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kiscien »

Hi,

I gueas that you have fall made with redhide or white hide. If not, rather change the fall ;). I got many hides used for falls and redhide is the best.

Try to change way to tying the cracker. There was a topic about ways to do that.

Few days ago, one of my clients gave me whip to replace the fall, because it was going to broke. I thought that was simply bad fall, but he was putting grease very often(really often ;)), and whip and fall was looking like wet and dirty. My point is, that maybe you put too much grease on your whip ;). I think that using pecard befor and after cracking, could be too much.
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

Andymac,

Have you tried one of the cracker attachment methods from this thread - http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=18232?

-Craig
Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Andymac84 »

Too much you said...that could be,too...

Yes, It was attached like #1, and now I've used the 2nd one. Have to try this today if its work.

BTW,thank u guys.
Bardoon
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bardoon »

I think you might be using too much Pecards. I usually apply Pecards on the fall about every other whip-cracking session. And it's only AFTER I'm done and then I let it sit and dry.