10' Strain / 10' DelCarpio / 14" Wickline (WHAT????)

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

thatguyno1
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

10' Strain / 10' DelCarpio / 14" Wickline (WHAT????)

Post by thatguyno1 »

ALRIGHT - My Lauren Wickline 14" Bullwhip finally arrived!! WOOO HOOO!! \:D/ Being brand new it is a little stiff but once I loosen it up I can finally flick those annoying Houston mosquitos with a tiny little crack of the whip. :D

What?? OH yea - I also got a 10' DelCarpio KotCS in the same shipment. I finally managed to find Bernardo's whip in the box. :roll:

Here are some comparison pics of the Strain (the one without the dark knots), the DelCarpio and of course the 14" Wickline. I still don't know how she managed to braid such a tiny whip. Don't be too hard on the Strain - it isn't as shiney as Bernardo's because I have been cracking it to loosen it up. Notice the tightness of the braiding on the second knot on Bernardo's.

Excellent job on the whips for Joe, Bernardo and Lauren!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I love all of them!!

Paul ô¿ô
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

WOW!

Your tellin me that the little 14" whip WILL actually CRACK?
thatguyno1
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by thatguyno1 »

No not really. I wish! :( But if you try really hard you can flick a mosquito off your arm (not much good if it lands on your back though) :lol: .
Bardoon
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bardoon »

That 10 ft. KotCS is beautiful!!!! Congratulations on finally getting your own!

I love the little 14 incher too, good job Lauren!!!

Have you tried cracking the 10-footer yet Paul? Any consideration to perhaps try getting a 8 footer in the future?
thatguyno1
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by thatguyno1 »

I've only cracked the DelCarpio twice. Not two sessions but literally two cracks - a side arm into an overhead - and it cracked beautifully. It was really hot out and I had just finished taking the pics so I was getting inside to edit the pics for posting. I can tell it is stiff just like my Strain, but you can bet I will be loosening both of them up over the next few months. As to the 8' - I already have an 8' Nolan which was my first whip and I am very comfortable with it. I bought it from a member here (Tyrloch) and it was pretty much already broken in. I got the 10' whips to have some more in line with the length in the movies. Actually my next whips might be 6 footers so I can get more into volleys and multiple combinations. I understand from reading posts and watching videos here that they lend themselves more easily to routines. It has been more of an adjustment than I first thought from the 8' to the 10' - not so much for the individual cracks but for the combinations. The 10' gave me problems with the forward flick which was funny because the side arm and underhand flick was relatively easy to me.

Paul ô¿ô
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

beautiful whips! bernardo, that's a winner....again. i was thinking of going that route for a CS whip but you steered me towards the real mccoy.....just like you did when i bought my morgan. your honesty is only surpassed by the quality of your whips my friend.

i've never had an opportunity to try out a strain so i know i'm missing out. i've heard nothing but good things about his whips as well. i'm hoping to make it out to a summit soon and maybe i'll have an opportunity to see/try one :D

that mini whip is cool....lauren....do you think you can make me a 32 plait one in that size :wink: :D :lol:

great collection!

cheers,

g