hat stand

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

manu7
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

hat stand

Post by manu7 »

does anyone have one of those plastic hat stands? are they worth it or do you just use the cardboard that came with the hat?
YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Plastic hat stand

Post by YARVTON »

Don't have one, never used one. Though I do think a hat jack would be a smart purchase. Curious what others say...
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

I have a hat jack and I almost never use it. I would have never used it if I hadn't had the slanted sides of it sanded flat. I just would not crank a bunch of tension on my straight sided fedora onto a slanted wooden hat jack. I think over time that will cause the hat to taper or take an odd shape or stretch the hat in a strange way. I have had mine sanded flat and that is no longer an issue with mine, but I still almost never find a need for it. Actually, the only time I ever remember using it is on a cheap, one size fits all kind of hat, and not on my fedoras at all.

I also have one of those plastic hat stands. I use it all the time. It is cheap, convenient, and it works well.
Indiana Blooze
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Blooze »

The hat stands are cheap and worth the money to protect the shape of your hat. Todd's is a good source.