Keppler Bag strap question

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

sbd2238
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Keppler Bag strap question

Post by sbd2238 »

Hello all!
Just a quick couple of questions for your consideration. First I was thinking of getting a Keppler bag strap for my WPG bag (which I find outstanding BTW) but I am unsure of what length to get it in. Which one is the "official" strap, if their even is one. Is it just a matter of height to determine the length (I being 6'1")? I was thinking about the 71".

Secondly, not to take money out of Lee's pocket, but does anybody have one for sale? I understand that Lee takes a while for it to be shipped, and I am VERY impatient :D . If not no prob, I'll just go to the source to get one!
Thanks in advance!
Indiana Janice
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Janice »

5'10 and taller should get the 71" strap :)
Janice
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

Lee can custom cut the strap to your size. Get a tailor's tape and measure yourself to see what works for you. Lee's strap is the best.
prettybigguy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by prettybigguy »

My strap from Lee should be arriving any day now. I am 6'5" so I was really conscerned about the length. In order to wear my WPG bag low enough to clear the bottom of my Wested I have to slide the buckle almost all the way to the bottom! I called Lee and he told me to measure on my existing WPG strap and then measure to were I wanted the buckle to be. Lee told me he could cut the strap to any length that I wanted. In my case it's going to be 76"! I don't see why he wouldn't do this for everyone. You may want to measure and see what you need before you order so that you are not disappointed.
PBG
sbd2238
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by sbd2238 »

Thanks!
I'll inquire when I order then....