A TN question.

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

hoose55
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

A TN question.

Post by hoose55 »

After the limited editions sell out, will the price of Tony's CS jacket still be 700 dollars or will there be a price reduction?I wasn't wild about the movie, but that's a beautiful jacket!
And I'm cheap. . . and broke.
J-
Demaroth
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Demaroth »

To the best of my knowledge, we don't know if he will be making jackets after the run of 777. His license with LucasArts is for the limited edition run, and Belstaff apparently has the remaining license. It's possible that he could continue to make jackets and call them something else, but I don't know that he's made any decision or announcement to that end.

I know it can be hard to justify paying the money for one of Tony's jackets, but if you can do so, I'd highly recommend it. ;)

- John
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

It is a beautiful jacket and Tony is a great guy too.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

If anything, I would think the price may go up after the limited edition. Lucasfilm may have given him a price point to sell these at.
After the 777, he may be able to sell them under a different name, such as "Classic Adventurer" jacket, or whatever. But who knows? All I know is I would get one of the 777, just in case.
'Blues
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

It would seem as if "somebody" will eventually be making the Indy 4 jacket, even after the #777 runs out. After all, there's obviously a demand for it.

I have no way of knowing if, for certain, it will be done. But with all of the vendors that we have out there producing an "Indiana Jones" jacket, it would seem odd if we could get a Raiders, Temple, & Crusade jacket but not the Crystal Skull jacket from "somebody" sometime down the road.

Hopefully, by that point, there would be no "limited edition" runs and the price could come down...Just my .02 cents :wink:

Kind regards,
Aaron
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

You can almost be certain Wested will produce a dedicated Crystal skull jacket very soon. Even my washed goat is a LC/CS hybrid.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Look at Wested's site --- they already are.