What do you guys think of this eBay shirt?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Fink
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

What do you guys think of this eBay shirt?

Post by Fink »

Can’t post the link, but you can easy find the bid if you search for “Shirt costume for Indiana Jones KOTCS”: :-

So, what do you think from this picture? (It’s a $35 US shirt, by the way)
azuma
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by azuma »

This seller has been sell costumes for cosplayer for years. If you are looking for none SA items, thier offer is a very good bargain, but if you want to have decent stuff, I think it is not a good choice, since it is lack of accuracy and the quality isn't that good. Just my two cents.

Azuma
jedeyenight
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by jedeyenight »

Wanted to first introduce myself. My name is Frank and have been looking things over here for sometime and just registered.
I am a member of many forums including the rpf. My first love is and always will be Star wars but I have always had an affinity for Indy as being Star wars' cousin.

I am at decent kit building and hope to be an asset to the group.

To keep on topic; while I am still learning, I own one of these shirts and it fits well and seems to be of decent quality.
I think one of the things that takes it down a notch in the posted pic is that it is pressed. Once out of the washer it looks much better.
My 2 cents and thanks for having me.

Frank
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Shirt and shipping costs.

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

I got my Hans Solo outfit from that seller. Quality is OK but not bad for the price, I agree. I found the sleeves on my Han Solo shirt to be too long, but it was not a tailored shirt, only in broad sizes. If you can't afford a Todd's shirt, an Indy Magnoli, Wested, or Adventurebilt, then keep in mind the shipping fees this seller charges. I believe he uses EMS for fast service, but not cheap shipping. Consider the total costs to get the shirt to your location.
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

whats the shipping
jedeyenight
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by jedeyenight »

i think the shipping was 18.50
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

Ehh, I've seen better....but it's not TOO bad.
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

That would put the price similar to Todd's shirt then ($50 + about $10 for shipping). Once the other shirt factory gets the ball rolling and he has his constant supply, it would probably be best to just order from him.
Bandit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bandit »

Thats the shirt I bought. It just arrived a few minutes ago. I must say I love it, fits me like a glove! I think its very SA
delfloria
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by delfloria »

Mine arrived today and I'm very impressed.
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Hey Bandit and delFloria, what shirts did you get? Todd's or the eBay seller? Your posts are not clear, because both shirts are being discussed.
delfloria
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by delfloria »

The Ebay one from China. It also has a bit of lycra or other strech fiber in it which gives it freedom of movement but may make it harder to "age" it down. The sleeves are appropriately "too" long. For a couple of bucks more you can have it completely tailored from scratch. I ordered it only because Todd's was out of stock. Took less than a week for it to arrive.
Bandit
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Bandit »

I also ordered the ebay shirt, in their medium size. The sleeves fit me perfect. I guess I'm just a knuckle dragger lol. It dosen't rele matter sense I wear it with the sleeves rolled up most the time.

I do like it a lot. Its comfortable. I'd recommend.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Bandit wrote:I also ordered the ebay shirt, in their medium size. The sleeves fit me perfect. I guess I'm just a knuckle dragger lol. It dosen't rele matter sense I wear it with the sleeves rolled up most the time.

;0

Yey!!

Is this costumebase?
Dutch_jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Dutch_jones »

Kt Templar wrote:
Bandit wrote:I also ordered the ebay shirt, in their medium size. The sleeves fit me perfect. I guess I'm just a knuckle dragger lol. It dosen't rele matter sense I wear it with the sleeves rolled up most the time.

;0

Yey!!

Is this costumebase?
I was wondering the exact same thing. :D
Indybantha Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Shirt

Post by Indybantha Jones »

I wonder how durable it is for an ebay shirt?
jedeyenight
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by jedeyenight »

Not costumebase for sure. I will see if I can post a pic or two of mine.
delfloria
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by delfloria »

It's durable enough that I'm going to wear it as a just regular shirt.
Nassik
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Nassik »

I'm examining this shirt and I think that it's actually quite screen accurate when you compare it to the Last Crusade shirt. For instance, look at the pocket flaps... they curve down to a point (a sharper point than on the Wested shirts). If you look at Indy's shirt in LC, particularly when he's standing next to his dad, Sallah, and Marcus when they think Indy died falling over the cliff. As Indy stands there exhausted you can clearly see the left shirt pocket flap curved the same way as this shirt is. This can also be seen in a promo short of Sean Connery and Harrison Ford when they're standing in front of a tree (Connery on the left and Harrison on the right). The left pocket flap can be seen again with this point.

The seams and stitching all look correct in this shirt. Admittedly, it's tricky to compare it to the LC shirt since Indy wears his jacket over it throughout the whole movie. But we can compare the two with the glimpses we do get and this eBay shirt does look identical.

The sole difference I think I see is in the shirt buttons. The LC shirt buttons appear to be darker than the shirt in the film. The buttons on this eBay shirt match the shirt itself. Looking at the four films, the shirt buttons seem to match the shirts in every film except the Last Crusade.

The color is debatable. It's all a matter of lighting and the color matches the LC shirt in some scenes and not in others.

And so this shirt works if you want an LC Indy set-up. Since the price difference is minimal I'd suggest buying the custom-tailored version (US $4.00 difference).
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

I believe that costumebase out of China uses the TSSY2005 watermark on their photos. Costumebase is who I got my good enough-for-now Han Solo clothing from Ep. 4, A New Hope and that looks very familiar to me.
Nassik
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Nassik »

I'm giving this shirt a chance since it is so close to the LC shirt from what I can tell. I've ordered the custom-tailored one in the hopes that it will fit just right. I wrote to the seller about the button color issue for a LC shirt and was told that they'll use darker colored buttons for my order.

So now I wait the week or two that it will take to make the shirt.
WebChief
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by WebChief »

I don't know why so many people are so down on this shirt. I can tell you that from payment to my door from CHINA took 7 days. Not joking! Not only did it come from China it was custom tailored to fit me. For those complaining about the sleeves being too long you should have used their option to buy it tailored. I sent them my measurements and can't remember every having a better fitting shirt. Its comfortable, accurate to me, and of a good quality to me. As for Todd's, they're great shirts but got slammed with the new movie... I have a buddy STILL waiting for one he paid for months ago. I'd rather order this one and get it in a week!

Here's a picture of me wearing mine. Don't pay attention to my work belt, work shoes and the horrible strap on my Todd's bag. I just wanted to see what it might all look like together. The point being is that the picture they use is a very bad example. I love this shirt and would HIGHLY recommend it!

http://www.501neg.com/photos/albums/use ... G_1192.JPG
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

well it looks good.

one of the things that stand out to me on that shirt is the scalloped pocket flaps..other then that it looks like really good shirt.

it has the epualetes from a LC shirt.they are shorter.color from that picture looks really bright..but that might just be the flash.
the material looks shiny..is it?

congrats :D

regards
Holt
WebChief
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by WebChief »

Yes, the flash really washes the color out. I think that it might be a bit shiny and therefore reflects a bit. In person and even out in natural lighting it looks different.
Nassik
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Nassik »

I think that the scalloped pocket flaps may be correct for a LC shirt. Check out Indy's right pocket in this picture...

And check out his left pocket in this one...

And in this one...

Those look scalloped to me.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

you now what..I never saw that...I just saw the epualettes as the major difference from the raiders shirts

thanks
Holt
Nassik
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Nassik »

You're welcome.
Christo Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Christo Jones »

I've seen Webchief's shirt in person and it does look very nice and it is of high quality. As for being super accurate, I guess that is where one can debate. The material is a bit stretchy and shiny as it must be some kind of spandex blend. Also, for comparison, the color is lighter than the Todd's shirt. I think someone already mentioned that there are scenes where the shirt does look very light.

I think it comes down to personal preference. I do prefer my Todd's shirt but it fits me like a glove and I don't mind the stiffness of the material and I was one of the lucky ones to have gotten mine already. If you want it now and want it tailored and want it to be comfy, I think the China shirt is a great option.
JimL
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JimL »

Since these are "made to order" I imagine slight alterations (such as button color, mentioned above) and perhaps material? could be changed for minimal fee (if any).

for me, the quality, service and price all sound good. If the epaulets need to be changed to make it that much better, I'm sure they could be changed too...
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

Not that anyone gives a #### about my opinion, but I got the china shirt(what I like to call short round productions) and I love it enough that Im ordering a second one, in the very likely event I dress like indy more then once a week.
darthinvictus
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by darthinvictus »

if it is a costume base shirt i would do some research on the gentleman behind that company before you give him any money
and in all the pics it looks shiny and sort of disco-y if ya know what i mean.
just an opinion though.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Indiana Joyce wrote:Not that anyone gives a #### about my opinion
Who said that?
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

conceited_ape wrote: