Magnificent Magnoli shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

morganswift

Magnificent Magnoli shirt

Post by morganswift »

My Magnoli Adventure shirt came yesterday. I was a little wary with the amount of measurements needed (and my untried tape measuring skills :? ) but it's a great fit! Very happy with it - being tailored in at the waist makes a big difference. Thanks, Indy!

Cheers
Alex
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

looks great!

he makes great stuff doesnt he? :wink:

Holt
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

Man that's a great looking shirt! I know his fabric is not screen accurate but who cares? I will be getting an Adventure shirt from him mainly because I want an Indy shirt to wear when it's cold outside and most Indy shirts are made from stuff so thin you can see through it. Magnoli's on the other hand is twill so it has a little more body to it.
Nice job and thanks for sharing.
P.S. Is that the 'stone' color?
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

How does the Magnoli shirt compare to Wested's?
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

They are pretty different. Magnoli uses a heavier cotton twill, Wested uses a really light see-thru cotton poplin. The colors are also different. Wested's being more of a creme color, Magnoli's can be had in 6 or 7 different colors and are tailor made to your exact measurements and requests. Wested shirts are in off the rack sizes.
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Magnificent Magnoli shirt

Post by Tron7960 »

morganswift wrote:My Magnoli Adventure shirt came yesterday. I was a little wary with the amount of measurements needed (and my untried tape measuring skills :? ) but it's a great fit! Very happy with it - being tailored in at the waist makes a big difference. Thanks, Indy!

Cheers
Alex
Congratulations on the new shirt! Looks GREAT!
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Magnificent Magnoli shirt

Post by myamoebafriend »

Congrats on the shirt!
morganswift

Post by morganswift »

Thanks, guys. Look at that, Tron - you and I could be twins :lol: What a ridiculous (yet very cool 8) ) hobby this is.

Yes, the colour of this shirt is 'stone' but, that's right, Magnoli does a number of colours and of course it's made to measure.
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

Haha you should change your avatar to match his. :lol:
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

That's a fantastic looking shirt! Really captures that "Cairo, city of the living ..." look.

How much did it set you back, including shipping to the UK?
morganswift

Post by morganswift »

Cheers, Satipo. About £50 but that included shipping. Not cheap but a fair price for a custom made shirt.

Alex
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

These Magnoli shirts are awesome, yours looks great.

I have one in stone, but with darker buttons, and wore it to the US Open today, and it felt great, kept me nice and cool.
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Satipo »

morganswift wrote:Cheers, Satipo. About £50 but that included shipping. Not cheap but a fair price for a custom made shirt.

Alex
You're welcome. That's not too bad a price considering it includes shipping. I think the button placement, and the pocket flap to pocket body ratio can make or break these shirts, and to my eyes, it looks just right here.
Bowie
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bowie »

Magnoli does offer killer shirts... I wear mine all the time, and it still looks new. It does not wrinkle like other indy shirts, but that's what I like about this one. It offers a cleaner indy look for a night out with my wife.
Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Magnoli color

Post by Indiana Jake »

So the shirt you are wearing is the stone color?

Jake
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Bowie wrote:Magnoli does offer killer shirts... I wear mine all the time, and it still looks new. It does not wrinkle like other indy shirts, but that's what I like about this one. It offers a cleaner indy look for a night out with my wife.
My Magnoli shirts are getting wrinkled!!!! My second washing on my newest and my third on the oldest, and they don't look perfectly pressed anymore. I think I have the key. Wash in cold water (gentle or handwash), then I left them in the laundry basket with all the other wet clothes for about an hour. Then I hung them up to air dry.

This was unintentional, but I bet if I purposely balled them up and buried them for the sit-time, they'd look much more Indyesque. So, YES! You can wrinkle a Magnoli. Not that I want to, unless I know I'm going into gear.