MIA

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

MIA

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

My first Indy fedora is MIA. I got a Todd's Costume HJ and had him bash it for me Raiders style. It was a fine fitting and good looking hat. But I fear it has been stolen along with my other goods, including the Land's End shawl colar brown wool cardigan, and the new (used ) REI Alpine backpack I had just purchased on eBay, when my vehicle was broken into about two weeks ago. I know we should not leave valuable unattended in our vehicles, but I was not headed back home that afternoon and wanted to do a photo shoot at my girlfriends house. Since my stop for my guitar lesson is half way to her place, I packed what I needed up, or most of it anyway, and stopped for one fateful hour. I'm just glad that those stupid thieves didn' take the gunbelt, Artsee1 S&W, my 10 ft whip or my Wested.

At least I have an AB Raiders, a grey Traveling AB, and an AB Deluxe getting refitted. I need somthing to shade my eyes when I walk out of the building to my vehicle this afternoon.
Odo
Vendor

Post by Odo »

Sorry to hear your story, I thought those things just happened here in Argentina, but I see it happens worldwide...
At least you didn't lose your Wested. I couldn't live a single day without it...
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

That's not cool.. thievery should be against the law! But you still have so much.. including 3 AB's?! wow
Indycrazy5187
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indycrazy5187 »

so not cool...whoever stole your hat is a real #%^$^#
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

theinterchange wrote:That's not cool.. thievery should be against the law! But you still have so much.. including 3 AB's?! wow
I thought that was already against the law. :-k

Dave
TheReverend
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheReverend »

Well, at least if you see someone walking around town with an all too familiar, very distinctive lid on, you'll know who did it!

Pop him one in the mouth and demand it back!
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

TheReverend has got a point. That is a very distinctive hat, especially to a COW member, so yes, I'm sure once you see it you'll know it.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

So sorry for your loss my friend. I know from reading your posts and chatting back and forth how much you love your gear. I do hope you run into the idiot and have the opportunity to tell him how you feel. :whip:

I always have my eye on eBay, but someone would have to be awfully stupid or desperate to try and sell it there.