Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

IndianaGeo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Wested Experience with photos

Post by IndianaGeo »

Hi All,
Just got back a bit ago from my trip to Wested today. Wow, what a wonderful experience! The place is amazing! Met Peter and KT Templar from this forum as well. KT was a great person to be with as I set upon my search for my Indy Jacket. Peter, of course, was very helpful as well. While I walked in thinking I MIGHT get a HH ROTLA, I fell in love instead with two (count ´em), a lamb and a goat. The lamb will be for urban use and the goat for more serious adventures.

Here´s a photo of the lamb and the goat respectively. Closer up photos may be forthcoming. (I hope this photo thing works) Here goes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27218823@N02/2539167930/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27218823@N02/2538364621/

Feedback appreciated.. Also, how do I post an actual photo instead of a link to a photo in this post environment? Thanks. I couldn´t quite figure it out. Should we be able to see the image when we preview it? thx.
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

I love seeing photos of the Wested shop. I picked my jacket out when I was there in 2005. A great place to visit! :)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I was great fun meeting you too. Watching your eyes light up as I pulled my useless bits of junk out of my trunk was priceless!
IndianaGeo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Okay, I think this photo thing might work

Post by IndianaGeo »

Okay, here are a few photos of the trip out to Wested.

Here´s the goat. Appears to be a modded Raiders. Not entirely screen accurate but I dig it. Feels bombproof.

And a Raiders in lamb that I also couldn´t resist:

whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Awesome pics! I envy anyone who gets to visit Wested Leather. Glad everyone had a good time. How cool is Peter Botwright in-person? I've heard that he's super nice; a consummate gentleman in addition to being the maker of the most famous jacket in the world. :-)
IndianaGeo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Great guy

Post by IndianaGeo »

Peter is about what you would hope for. He´s a genuinely nice guy, down to Earth, and appears to get a deserved sense of satisfaction from supplying all of us kooks with his quality Indy jackets. I love his shop... it´s just so authentic and cool.
TonyRush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TonyRush »

What cool pictures!

KT, I didn't know you were in the UK as well!

Tony
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

Nice, very nice.
IndyBrit
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyBrit »

Hi Indianageo,

Good that you enjoyed your visit. I was there last year and will be going again this month.

One question: Your raiders lamb looks great. Is it the standard- with facing etc, or the special? Also what size? How tall are you?

I only ask as the length looks perfect.
IndianaGeo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Facing?

Post by IndianaGeo »

Hi IndyBrit,
Thanks for the compliment. I´m really loving the jacket. I really have no idea if it has "facing" or if it´s the special. Can you describe the difference for me please? I´m somewhat new to all of this and I wasn´t really too picky about screen accuracy when I bought the jackets. I was most concerned about the fit and how I felt in them. I´m a shade under 6 feet (5´11´´ 1/2 or so) and weigh about 182 lbs. I found a 42 a bit small on me, so I went with a Wested 44. I do feel that the length on the lamb jacket is quite good. The goat is a shade longer (I think) but I like that one a ton as well. Let me know when you´re heading to Wested. I might like to take another trip out there soon. Take care.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Hey Geo,

Do I hear a shirt calling your name.... :)
IndianaGeo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Name Calling

Post by IndianaGeo »

Hey Jason! Well, no actually I was thinking of a jacket for my father and just to just check out some more jackets, maybe even for myself! I must be nuts. I love the environment of Wested. Something about the place is magical to me. I also want to get more educated on the different leathers, etc.. the washed goat vs the standard goat, etc. I´ve got a pair of Alden´s on order. Sorta can´t wait to get those, but it will be another couple of months at least. That´s about it from my end. What´ve you been up to?
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Oh, this and that!

I think Peter could probably help people by having one rail with one example of each leather on it and maybe a Raiders, LC, RoltAA etc on it so that people don't get overwhelmed by the racks and racks of jackets there.

But I suppose that rail would get depleted fairly quickly if people were finding jackets off it that fit and bought them!
IndyBrit
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyBrit »

Hey Indiana Geo. A jacket for your Father. Good call.

My trip to the holy barn is planned for Saturday June 28. around 9.30 a.m. A bit early I know and I will have to plead ( nicely)with Peter to give me the time on that day.

KT may join us as well.

The "facings" are; strips of leather inside the jacket which run either side of the zip opening. On the " special" no strips just cotton lining all the way to the zip. The Special also has a slimmer cut.

I am walking way from Wested with a new jacket, and like you would like to see some of the other hides for future purchases. My Father could also get lucky.
IndyBrit
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndyBrit »

BTW. Wested shirts and pants are excellant. I have both :D
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Heh, we'll see!

IF I get up in time... it is a SATURDAY after all! :)
IndianaGeo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Meeting Up

Post by IndianaGeo »

Hi IndyBrit and KT,
Sounds like the 28th just might be great day to meet up at Wested. For now, I will say I´m tentative and leaning that way. Hopefully it will come to be. KT, I would indeed be interested in a good pair of pants from Wested. Hope to check those out when/if I´m there on the 28th.

Indybrit, My lamb must not be a special then, because it does have the leather facings near the zipper. I´m quite happy with this jacket because it suits a cool summer evening well. I´m not as well versed certainly as some on this board with respect to all the jacket variations. I basically just bought what I felt fit without much regards to any of the other stuff.

I´m going to head back to chilling out. Just got home from work and need to unwind a bit. Take care fellas.
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Hey Geo!

Great Pics! :D I thoroughly dig on my Wested Raider. It's an off the peg model & I couldn't be happier with it & the service I got.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to take a hop across the pond and Visit Peter's shop. Lucky duck! :wink:

Cheers!

Dan