How are Peters Bros Hats?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

rbinko2001
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

How are Peters Bros Hats?

Post by rbinko2001 »

Im looking into getting a custom made Peter Bros Last Crusade hat. I was curious to know if anyone here has had one made from them and how well do they like them? I want to use my hat for everyday use (hiking, etc). I also want to know which material is the best (100% beaver or the softer rabbit blend)? I don't want a hat that is too stiff, but I also want the material to retain its shape. Any info would be great.

Thanks.
Last edited by rbinko2001 on Wed May 28, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

Talk to Michaelson. He will set you straight. :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

LOL!!! :lol:

Not really. I've just deal with PB since they got involved with us YEARS ago, and I've maintained that relationship to this very day.

The 100% beaver is the same material that is used to make the AB here in the U. S., and is a soft durable material. Just as good as what you'll get from any Winchester 100% beaver felt hat like the AB or one from Art Fawcett.

Their beaver blend is a stiff hat. Not as still as their 'bullet proof' custom, but pretty stiff.

I own one of their new soft rabbit/hare blends, and I rank it right up there with the Akubra Fed line.

You get what you pay for. The 100% beaver is the best they make, so if you're looking for something for the long haul, that's the direction to go. The reason I stayed with the rabbit/hare blend is because I HAVE several 100% beaver felt fedoras, so I wanted something 'different' this time.

Contact Joe Peters Sr. directly at joe@pbhats.com for more details. He LOVES to talk shop!

Regards! Michaelson
Last edited by Michaelson on Wed May 28, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rbinko2001
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbinko2001 »

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Randy
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I added Joe's direct email address in my reply above!

Regard !Michaelson
Buchanan Bob
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Buchanan Bob »

I recently got a soft rabbit from PB. A great fedora. Very well made. But it is a little stiffer than a my new FedIV. At this point my favorite is the FedIV. Very comfortable hat.

Bob
viper80134
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by viper80134 »

Here check out my thread, viewtopic.php?t=30133 Mines once of the older Peter Bros befor they offered pure beaver pelt. But i originaly had it custom maid for the LC and has lasted me about 5 years now great hat no complaints. Hope this helps

Regards.