Anybody got a Peter Bros. Indy straw fedora?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

Post pics if you have the Peters Bros. straw fedora, please. :D

I'm curious to see how they look! :wink:

Thanks,
Steven
Piker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Piker »

I seem to recall seeing pics on here, but they are way in the Wayback Machine.
Swamp
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Swamp »

Had one on order since the middle of March (14th). Getting a little frustrated that it is not yet been shipped. Will post when it arrives. I went for the KotCS bash.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, I have one. I wear it in REALLY hot weather, and believe me, it got used last summer during the drought. :shock:

Regard! Michaelson
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

OK, enough chatter. Where are the photos?
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I can get photos, but it was reblocked into something very non-Indy because the taper was INSANE. But as far as being a comfortable summer hat, it rocks!
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Here is mine at Disneyland. It's a great summer hat to be sure.

Cheers!

Dan
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Swamp wrote:Had one on order since the middle of March (14th). Getting a little frustrated that it is not yet been shipped. Will post when it arrives. I went for the KotCS bash.
I would suggest calling and talke to Joe Sr. He can probably give you an update.

Pyr.
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Swamp wrote:Had one on order since the middle of March (14th). Getting a little frustrated that it is not yet been shipped. Will post when it arrives. I went for the KotCS bash.
I had the same problem when I ordered mine. It took about 6 months to get (they said 6 weeks to start with). I called numerous times, e-mailed at least once a week after about the third month. I think that I got one response a month from them but I finally got my hat. Of course that was back in 2006 so maybe things have changed since then. Keep on them for sure.

Cheers!

Dan
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

mine was promised in time for the premire. that was six weeks ago...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I dropped Joe an email yesterday regarding this problem and received a reply early this morning. They had been having problems with their straw supplier, but finally got it solved and 3 Indy straws were shipped yesterday. They now have rough straws in shop for orders.

Did anyone attempt to contact Joe at joe@pbhats.com and ask the status of their orders? That email address has been posted in the vendors section since last October.

Regards! Michaelson
Swamp
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Swamp »

Yes I did. I e-mailed three weeks ago and he said he was going to check on my order. I never heard back. So I waited three weeks and e-mailed him again last night. I never expected mine for the 22nd, but when I talked with them in March, I was told six to eight weeks. I was just a little upset when I saw people on here that ordered after me and recieved theirs a few weeks ago. If there was a problem that is understandable, I just wish Joe would of said something in his reply to me, but I know he has been extremely busy. If mine shipped yesterday, I will post pics when I get it in. I am very excited to get it.

Thanks for the update Michaelson.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

You're right....the PB shop is usually as busy as the proverbial long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. :lol:

I assure you that when you get your new straw, all will be forgotten. I love mine, and it's almost time to pull it out of hybernation for the summer season.

Regards! Michaelson
Swamp
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Swamp »

I can't wait for it. All my summer clothes will go with the straw. I will be styling and profiling at work. Again, will post pics when it arrives.
rrhanselka
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rrhanselka »

I e-mailed Joe about the status of my Indy Straw. I received an e-mail saying mine had been shipped USPS on Friday, so mine must have been one of the three. Yay for me!!! :D :D :D Will post photos.

Many Thanks
Randall
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

i recieved mine in the mail today. it appears like it has a rather tall crown. the front measures 5 inches from the bottom of the ribbon. the middle is 5 1/2. the back is 4 3/4. is this close the the proper height? also, the front side creases couldof been a little more pronounced. anyone know how i can make them sharper at home?
thanx!!!
Charlie
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I know someone did it just last year, and I believe they used steam. Do a search (if you haven't already) and see if you can find it. It should be about a year ago in the fedora section.

The height sounds ok to me. How does it look on you?

Regard! Michaelson
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

Michaelson wrote:I know someone did it just last year, and I believe they used steam. Do a search (if you haven't already) and see if you can find it. It should be about a year ago in the fedora section.

The height sounds ok to me. How does it look on you?

Regard! Michaelson
thanx for replying, michaelson. I actually tool some very hot tap water to it & lowered the back of the crown down to 4 inches or so. I also creased the side pinches a little cleaner to really give it that raider triangle look. I like it alot better now...
thanx!!!
Charlie
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

VERY good! I know that particular straw is VERY easy to work with. Glad you got it where you like it!

Now, bring on the hot weather!!! :D

Regard! Michaelson
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

Michaelson wrote: Now, bring on the hot weather!!! :D

Regard! Michaelson
my thoughts exactly!
thanx!!!
Charlie
rrhanselka
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rrhanselka »

I received my PB Straw on Tuesday. The crown does seem taller than most, but the 50/50 hat I have from PB is the same. I really like both my PB fedoras a lot.

Many Thanks
Randall