New 10 Foot Purewhips Bullwhip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

MACHONE
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

New 10 Foot Purewhips Bullwhip

Post by MACHONE »

Below is my new 10 foot whip from Gus Caicedo at Purewhips. For comparrison it's next to my 8 foot special from Gus. I asked Gus to make the 10 footer a little larger in the handle and could not be happier with the results! 8 foot is on top in the picture.

The leather he is using does in fact arrive darker now, and for the better. When I opened the package it was just as I wanted. I know Gus is taking a little time off from braiding, but if you are in the market be sure to look his way.
Ben

Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

I have an 8 ft 12 plait from Gus and am planning on ordering a 10 footer this summer. I really like the thicker handle of yours. I'm going to ask for that, as well.
Mr. Z
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Z »

Fantastic! What's the turn-around order time on these?
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I am planning on ordering an eight footer from Gus in the very near future. All the reviews that have been given here praise Gus' work. And his prices are just as attractive as the whips themselves.

Dave
Mr. Z
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Z »

DR Ulloa wrote:I am planning on ordering an eight footer from Gus in the very near future. All the reviews that have been given here praise Gus' work. And his prices are just as attractive as the whips themselves.

Dave
That is very promising. How long do they take to get to your house (from order to reception if product)?
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

I ordered mine at the end of March and recieved it the first week in May. Gus is a great guy and really nice to talk with. I reccomend just sending him and email and talking about what you want.

He is taking a short break from whip making and any orders placed now will not be made until June 1.
purewhips
Vendor

Post by purewhips »

Hi thanks for the great comments I am taking orders for whips. I am Gonna start making whip the 1st of june. And as of today I am now backed up till june 15th. Really wish I could start on them a little ealier but I have alot going on these next 2 weeks. Thanks so much for all the great emails and comments.

www.purewhips.com
MACHONE
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by MACHONE »

Gus, thank you once again. I really love both of these whips :D .

Any updates on your Cyrstal Skull Style whip? It will be a little while before I am in the market for one, but I am anxious to see your take on the style.
Thanks,
Ben
Indiana Max
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Max »

I also got a very very nice 10ft 12 plait whip from Gus some months ago...I love it :D Congrats on yours :!:
Boggstandard
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Boggstandard »

I can remember the first whip I acquired from Gus.
I was very surprised by the high quality of the work,
considering the very fast turn around time and the very reasonable price.
Gus has always been very eager to please his customers.
I have always considered him Good Guy Gus.
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

I really like the look of the beefer handle and thong MACHONE, congrats on a great looking whip !!
Mr. Z
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Z »

I emailed Gus this evening, and hope to hear from him soon. Does anyone know how much his whips run for?
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

I have here a special on cowhide Indy Style bullwhip. These are the new whips that I am making as far as color goes. Also the 4 sizes that I offer. Starting left to right, 8ft 12 plait $180.00, 6ft 8 plait $115.00, 8ft 8 plait $130.00 and 10ft 12 plait $260.00. There is a $6.50 charge on shipping for the US. Overseas please email me for price. Thanks. Most orders done in 3 days depending on amount of orders. Wrist loop included. If you want a longer or shorter whip please email me at purewhips@yahoo.com Thanks
www.purewhips.com

-Adam
Last edited by Mola Ram on Sun May 18, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

Look at his website for prices.