Belt Buckle help.

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Belt Buckle help.

Post by The_Edge »

:?:
This is a little off topic but I'm looking for large belt buckles. I just bought a 1.75" wide leather strap at a tack shop to use as my new hiking gear belt this past weekend but I'm having trouble tracking down a wide enough buckle for it. All of my usual outfitter haunts have turned up nothing. The widest I can find is 1.5". Also, when I do a search for buckles they are all specialty/western type buckles with pictures and such. I just want a very simple and robust buckle. Any ideas where I can look? Thanks.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Let me do some checking, Kyle. My daughter and son-in-law are leather/metal craftsmen , and are currently building up their inventory for the next Rennisance Fair, and they usually have buckles like this in hand. If not, they're heading down to their leather supply shop in Chattanooga in the next day or two, and I can have them pick up one for you. PM me details of exactly what you're wanting, and I'll take it from there. Regards. Michaelson
The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The_Edge »

I'd be much obliged. Let me find a good example of what I'm looking for and I'll get back to you. Thanks!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I'll be watching. Regards. Michaelson
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The_Edge »

Sergei,

That first site is very close to what I'm looking for. Thanks.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

So, do you want me to look into it, or just use this site for your buckle? :? Regards. Michaelson
The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The_Edge »

Michaelson wrote:So, do you want me to look into it, or just use this site for your buckle? :? Regards. Michaelson
Sorry 'bout that Michaelson. That came across the wrong way. Yes, I would like you to look into it still. While I like what Sergei posted I'm still organizing my thoughts on what exactly I'm looking for. I'll have something for you tomorrow. Thanks again!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Very good. I'll watch for it then. Regards. Michaelson