Tony Nowak fan club

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Tony Nowak fan club

Post by Han Jones »

I just spoke to Tony for half an hour and ordered a jacket. He is such a nice man. I know he is honored and humbled by his involvement in KotCS. The way he describes his jacket makes you realize what you are paying for. He reinforces them from the inside! I think this thing is going to be built like a tank. He says they will ship the 22 and I should have it the next day. If you are looking for a new jacket stop and think about the fact that if you like the KoTCS jacket you can have THE ONE. This movie and the internet give us the rare chance to get it right the first time. No looking at still for 30 years trying to guess what is right. It is alot of money but cosider that many of us end up going through many jackets trying to get one that is perfect so why get it right the first time. I might be jumping the gun but in my conversation I realize this is the one jacket I have been waiting for.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

What was the price?
Masman
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Masman »

I guess I will have to call to order. I tried sending him an email, but he must be really busy. Congrats on your jacket. Hopefully I'll be joining you in line for one of the 777 jackets. :D
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Price is $675.00 +shipping.
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

He reinforces them from the inside!
Ah the secret formula. No thanks I 'll pass.
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

I wish I could afford this jacket, I really really do. But I can't. Ya'll post some pics when they come in! I need something to dream about! :wink:

In the mean time, Peter is still my main man. I'm ready to see HIS KOTCS series jacket.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

from what i've seen from KT's an Castor's....wested makes a mean CS jacket.

i honestly was contemplating getting one for myself thinking that TN's jacket was going to be overpriced......but i tip my hat off to kryptonian for sharing the news.

wested makes the CS jacket in their novapelle hide....at least thats what KT's jacket is. i just got a wolverine x-1 jacket in novapelle and that hide is aaaaaaaawesome!!! thats why i was thinking of going to wested again for a CS jacket in novapelle.

i may still bug Peter for a raiders novapelle once i grow another kidney to replace the one i gave up for the nowak jacket. i concur with han jones, mr. nowak is extremely professional in customer service.

from what bernie pollack said about him being just as nice as steve, i thought......really??? another guy thats just as nice as mr. delk??? no way....now i'm starting to believe :D
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

Tony is a great guy. I would love to have a long lunch with Tony and Steve. I feel honored to say I have been able to speak with them both at great length. I can't wait to see this jacket.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Platon quote: "Secret formula, no thanks" - looks like Platon has a real problem with Nowak. It's curious. Does he have shares in Wested? Is he Peter's long lost son? Is he being paid by Wested? Is he just being an overly loyal fan? Read Platon's posts on Nowak and they are all indirect ads for Wested.

By the way - I'm not annoyed by this - I just find it amusing.

Cheers
Canada Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canada Jones »

Well add me to the list of fans of Tony Nowak. I spoke to him on the phone last week. What a great guy. Gracious. Helpful. Super knowledgable.
best
Canada
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Han Jones wrote:Tony is a great guy. I would love to have a long lunch with Tony and Steve. I feel honored to say I have been able to speak with them both at great length. I can't wait to see this jacket.
Reserve a seat at that table for me! Even though I haven't had the honor of speaking to Steve yet, if he's anything like Tony, it's little wonder the community loves him! I'm still also a fan of Wested though, but here's how it works: I admire Wested's product, but I admire Tony.
lingarn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by lingarn »

CM wrote:Platon quote: "Secret formula, no thanks" - looks like Platon has a real problem with Nowak. It's curious. Does he have shares in Wested? Is he Peter's long lost son? Is he being paid by Wested? Is he just being an overly loyal fan? Read Platon's posts on Nowak and they are all indirect ads for Wested.
There are people on both sides doing this.

Genuinely disappointing.
Hairyloft
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Hairyloft »

I'm getting sick of people on these boards knocking the price tag etc, As far as I'm concerned Tony is running a business and is allowed to charge whatever he feels is appropriate, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IT!, there is plenty of choice out there. I spoke to Tony when I ordered and found him a great guy, I really like the look of the new Jacket. As it happens I will also be ordering a raiders at some point soon from Wested, choose what you like just drop the heavy handed moaning. I'm here because I enjoy the films and enjoy this hobby what are you here for?
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

viewtopic.php?t=29200&start=50

Since most of the discussion is going on in the thread I just posted above, we'll try to keep all the discussion there.