Archaeologist

weather is getting hotter

Post by ortiz344 »

ya still gonna wear your jackets?

I try to but it gets too hot...
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Sure... In the evenings I'll wear it, until it's absolutely too hot for the darn thing... except May 22nd. :lol:

Shane
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I'm already into my cloth Wested, and I'm not sure how long THAT'S going to stay out.
:roll:
Regards! Michaelson
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

Only gonna be in the 40's this weekend up here in MN, so yes, jackets on for the forseeable future...
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Luckily the AC will be on inside the movie theater on May 22nd. I don't find it too unbearable to wear my Wested lambskin towards evening, but during the day I think it would be hot.

IndianaChris
Fink
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fink »

Perfect weather for a TOD look! :lol:
Raiders also portraits a very sweaty look though...
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

I wear my denim Wested! :D
JR
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by JR »

I'm still wearing my Wested because of the upcoming movie. Normally, I wouldn't be wearing my jacket now. In the daytime, I only have to worry about the short distance to the bus that takes me to the train. Then walking the few blocks to work. I mostly stay indoors where there's AC. And, when I get off work it's late night. If you're worried about the heat, do as I do - walk in the shade even if it's a tiny sliver. :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

That doesn't work here in the deep South, JR! :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

we've been getting snowstorms :cry:
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

Indiana G wrote:we've been getting snowstorms :cry:
Yeah. We hate you guys.

I wore a LINED leather A2 type jacket in LA when it was 104 of your 'American degrees'* out (I'm wearing the same one today in the snowy weather), and Indiana G's old Wested the next year when it was just as hot.

It's never too hot to wear a leather jacket.

Y'all complain too much. ;)

*y'all still use the Fahrenheit, don'tcha?
bobjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by bobjones »

I for one, can't get to October fast enough, I never liked hot weather, and May - August/Sept in NY su(ks royally.

Hey, any of you Canadians, got room for a family of four up there in the North country?
JR
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by JR »

Don't forget October - November. Halloween for the past two years were unusually warm, with 2006 being warm enough to wear a t-shirt.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

We're having very weird weather here, 65 or so and sunshine one minute and hailstones the next!

Still fine for a novapelle and tshirt both ways tho!
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

It was spring here about a month ago, but now there's confused looking seagulls, squirrels, and robins frozen to mailboxes and green grass poking up through snow and such.

BobJones, maybe we can switch houses or something. :D
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

It's not warm enough for the Wested yet in my home town :(
gi_canuck
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by gi_canuck »

Just stopped snowing here just last weekend... Freaking weird weather even for Canada... It's still kind of cold in the evening here... can't walk around without a jacket on... My Todd's standard is perfect for the weather right now... My US wings jacket is a bit too warm in this weather... Can't wait till Wested Goat gets here... I think that will be my fall jacket... So far I think I've got all the seasons covered with three of my jackets.... Todd's for Spring and Summer... Wested Goat for Fall and U.S. Wings Kangaroo for the winter... I'd be wearing jackets all year!!
DoubleOhSeven
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DoubleOhSeven »

As Michaelson can probably attest to, the weather in the SouthEastern US gets really un-jacket friendly about the middle of March. I hung all of mine up, and probably won't be seeing them again until the first part of November. Sometimes, here in good ol' hot, muggy, skeeter-infested coastal Georgia, we've had 70 degree temps all the way through Christmas.

But, one good thing is during this "off-season", you can find great deals on all kinds of name brand outerwear.

That is, of course, except for brands like Wested, Gibson and Barnes, US Wings, Magnoli....

Haven't you guys ever heard of the "off-season sale"???
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

64 degrees Fahrenheit here.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

DoubleOhSeven wrote:As Michaelson can probably attest to, the weather in the SouthEastern US gets really un-jacket friendly about the middle of March. I hung all of mine up, and probably won't be seeing them again until the first part of November.
Yep. I'm just using my cloth Wested now, but it appears it will be going back in the closet in the next week or so. :(

Regards! Michaelson
rebelgtp
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rebelgtp »

I don't know where you are getting your information its not getting warmer, I woke up to fresh snow on the ground this morning and then a blizzard before noon :roll: ...I'm still wearing my US Wings goat and wearing a warm shirt under it.
gi_canuck
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by gi_canuck »

Okay this is getting ridiculous... It snowed again last night... Today, the weather feels like mid November... Thank god for my jacket!!
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

gi_canuck wrote:Okay this is getting ridiculous... It snowed again last night... Today, the weather feels like mid November... Thank god for my jacket!!
And you're sending it my way! :(
Woodford
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Woodford »

Meanwhile in Merrie Olde England... Well, it just doesn't stop raining. 1 day of decent spring sun and dryness. I think the Jet Stream has fallen a few degrees!
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

I live an hour north of Houston...and the weather and humidity tell me that my wested is way too hot. Heck, it'd be too warm here for even the twill cotton or denim Indy jackets...

I have a cotton liner though....

BTW, I have tried wearing my wested on my motorcycle and the collar flaps around quite annoyingly.

I was wondering, I acquired mine when the collars were still "clown collars" as they were called. I hear they have since fixed this.

Does anyone know if the new collars flap as bad?? I would LOVE for my Wested to be my Motorcycle jacket but right now with my current motorcycle jacket, I have to suffice with looking like "Mutt Williams"
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Meanwhile, on the other side of the planet, things are getting cooler here.

Wested season is just beginning in Australia... :wink:
So I just ordered a new one... :D
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I just cut grass for the FIFTH time this year, and worked on lawn mower blades most of the evening, so Spring has come and gone here in the South. :(

Guess I'll be scratching around in the garden tonight! Rabbits have already eaten half my pepper plants. :roll: :evil:

Regard! Michaelson
morganswift

Post by morganswift »

I've heard rabbit stew is very tasty... 8)

Cheers
Alex
Captain Ron Solo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Captain Ron Solo »

backstagejack,
I noticed when I would ride that my collar didn't flap all that much if the jacket was zipped all the way up. But, everyone is built different, and I never rode very fast. :) If you don't care to tuck the collar in, maybe you could sew in some magnetic stays or something... :-k
:tup:

Ron
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Michaelson wrote:I just cut grass for the FIFTH time this year, and worked on lawn mower blades most of the evening, so Spring has come and gone here in the South. :(

Guess I'll be scratching around in the garden tonight! Rabbits have already eaten half my pepper plants. :roll: :evil:

Regard! Michaelson
...bunnies' gotta eat too.
peppers? maybe they're mexican food lovin' bunnies. why don't you set out some tortillas for them while you're at it.

oh, gonna hit 80 f here today, but don't worry, gonna be 40 in two days.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Actually, I'm partial to fried rabbit, so I'm thinking in a different direction than you, my friend. :-k :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
Nebraska Brad
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Nebraska Brad »

Don't you just love bunnies? I just had baked rabbit the other night.

-Nebraska
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

ooooh! -let them eat the peppers, then they'll already be seasoned!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:lol: :wink:
Rivqah
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Rivqah »

backstagejack wrote: Does anyone know if the new collars flap as bad?? I would LOVE for my Wested to be my Motorcycle jacket but right now with my current motorcycle jacket, I have to suffice with looking like "Mutt Williams"
It's been in the mid 90's here in the Phoenix area and I'm still wearing my jacket for riding (lambskin, cotton lining). I haven't noticed much flapping but I wear a full helmet and that might deflect the wind away from the collar.
Bowie
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bowie »

MMM rabbit, salty little buggers, but a fine meal..... Darn it now I'm starving and have 2hrs until lunch ](*,) Thanks guys!! :roll: :lol:
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Captain Ron Solo wrote:backstagejack,
I noticed when I would ride that my collar didn't flap all that much if the jacket was zipped all the way up. But, everyone is built different, and I never rode very fast. :) If you don't care to tuck the collar in, maybe you could sew in some magnetic stays or something... :-k
:tup:

Ron
I never felt comfortable riding with the jacket zipped all the way up....although , I kinda like that idea about the magnetic stays.....

Rivqah wrote:
backstagejack wrote: Does anyone know if the new collars flap as bad?? I would LOVE for my Wested to be my Motorcycle jacket but right now with my current motorcycle jacket, I have to suffice with looking like "Mutt Williams"
It's been in the mid 90's here in the Phoenix area and I'm still wearing my jacket for riding (lambskin, cotton lining). I haven't noticed much flapping but I wear a full helmet and that might deflect the wind away from the collar.
For the most part the collar seemed to flap against my neck, which was pretty annoying, its possible that your helmet does deflect the wind, or you can't feel it...
Not sure...
I don't wear a helmet...although, I know I should.

Either way, my jacket is 8 years old and since I got it when I was 18....I should get a new one since I've grown some...