Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Spatterdash
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Best Wested Email?

Post by Spatterdash »

Hey, gang.

As I've said in the past, I've contacted Wested a total of three times in recent months and I've been ignored each time. However, those emails were sent using the Wested site email message box, and I've read that might not be the most reliable way to contact them.

I really want to give Wested a chance. If I wasn't ignored but was simply unheard due to a faulty or undependable messaging system, I'm more than willing to try again.

Is there a recommended email or other method for consistant communication with Wested?
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Maybe make a phone call? That usually does the trick. ;)
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

if you call up Peter, he will definitely take care of your needs.....and heck....it's just nice to talk to the man as well. He's very down to earth :D
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Yup Spatterdash, you have the same problem as I am having. I cannot get a hold of wested, I tried even e-mailing Peter and did not get a response, phone call tomorrow to see if they received my returned jacket last month and whether I am getting a replacement. Also to get some of those rectangular sliders I should have got on my first jacket. He is a great guy to talk to on the phone, but every time I call I feel bad because he is always busy.

IndianaChris
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

IndianaChris711 wrote:Yup Spatterdash, you have the same problem as I am having. I cannot get a hold of wested, I tried even e-mailing Peter and did not get a response, phone call tomorrow to see if they received my returned jacket last month and whether I am getting a replacement. Also to get some of those rectangular sliders I should have got on my first jacket. He is a great guy to talk to on the phone, but every time I call I feel bad because he is always busy.

IndianaChris
how much does that phone call across the pond cost you?
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Well it depends, the last time I called him I was on the phone with him for a while, so it did cost a pretty penny. I plan on keeping it short and to the point. I could have went with an international plan, I think it is 3.99 or something a month, like 70 cents a minute or something on the plan. I think it is more like a couple bucks for about a few minutes without a plan. Last time I was on for 12 minutes and it cost me $16.36. $1.36 a minute, not bad, but it is better to get contact for free through e-mail or go with a plan, the plan cut that cost in half with 70 cents a minute almost. I have AT&T, so it may vary with cell phone company or land line. I need to get to sleep so I can get up early enough to call late afternoon over there. :D

IndianaChris
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Or call G&B toll free 800-748-6693 and Ask for Travis. Or email travis@gibson-barnes.com

BTW, they return emails very fast too! They appreciate and want your business. They always under promise and over deliver. They have large number staff compared to just one over worked.

I also hear that Sgt Hack at Wings like his customers too. Wings has never short changed me either.

Good Luck
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

IndianaChris711 wrote:Well it depends, the last time I called him I was on the phone with him for a while, so it did cost a pretty penny. I plan on keeping it short and to the point. I could have went with an international plan, I think it is 3.99 or something a month, like 70 cents a minute or something on the plan. I think it is more like a couple bucks for about a few minutes without a plan. Last time I was on for 12 minutes and it cost me $16.36. $1.36 a minute, not bad, but it is better to get contact for free through e-mail or go with a plan, the plan cut that cost in half with 70 cents a minute almost. I have AT&T, so it may vary with cell phone company or land line. I need to get to sleep so I can get up early enough to call late afternoon over there. :D

IndianaChris
One word for ya: Skype. ;)
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Cowboy wrote:Or call G&B toll free 800-748-6693 and Ask for Travis. Or email travis@gibson-barnes.com

BTW, they return emails very fast too! They appreciate and want your business. They always under promise and over deliver. They have large number staff compared to just one over worked.

I also hear that Sgt Hack at Wings like his customers too. Wings has never short changed me either.

Good Luck
hey cowboy, i love you consant flogging of g 7b jackets. funny stuff.
jones the whip
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jones the whip »

Have you tried gemma@wested.com Gemma assists Peter with the online orders.
Cheers,
JTW. :D
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Well I called Peter today, he was most helpful. He is going to check on monday about my replacement jacket. He told me to send him an e-mail and I did that earlier this afternoon. They are extremely busy right now, but with the new system in place they should not have any mixups. They are sending about 20-30 jackets in a day I think. That is what I thought he said. Not all are probably Indy jackets. Very helpful, he always is and he even apologized for the delay and everything. Your a great man Peter, thanks for helping me out on this. He said going to get is figured out next week, and yes he did get my jacket, he said I got sent the wrong jacket which happens when he is sending this many jackets out. So we'll see what happens next week.

IndianaChris
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

CM wrote:
Cowboy wrote:Or call G&B toll free 800-748-6693 and Ask for Travis. Or email travis@gibson-barnes.com

Good Luck
hey cowboy, i love you consant flogging of g 7b jackets. funny stuff.
Are you being smart or serious? I just find it amusing that the holy indy jacket maker is the most difficult to deal with. Seems that 75% of the posts on this forum (I was too until enlightend by Runquist, G-Mann and others) gush about such a mediocre product and crappy CS.

Keppler and _ hit it out of the park. The Expo Goat is the best overall product and has the very best Customer Service.
Vegeta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Vegeta »

I have to agree with cowboy on this subject for sure.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Vegeta wrote:I have to agree with cowboy on this subject for sure.
Every one agrees with a Cowboy :lol: And everyone else knows that I am right :wink:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

No, everyone does NOT agree with you, Cowboy, and you are NOT always right. You are entitled to an opinion, but watch how you present it. Please keep the thread on topic.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

binkmeisterRick wrote:No, everyone does NOT agree with you, Cowboy, and you are NOT always right. You are entitled to an opinion, but watch how you present it. Please keep the thread on topic.
Ok. Now I know.

So did you get a response Spatterdash?
Spatterdash
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Spatterdash »

I haven't tried yet, but a number of off-thread recommendations have been to call, and it would seem that though he may be a nice fellow, Peter is always rushed for time, now more than ever, and Gemma is my best point of contact.

I'm also thinking that it would be best for me to start discussing a jacket with Wested in the late summer, once the initial rush dies down a little.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

I also went with G&B

Post by JC1972 »

I emailed Wested a few times and hardly got a response. So I figured that with their inconsistent results, I went with a G&B lambskin. Boy, is it nice! I didn't want the hassle of getting something I didn't order.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

I highly recommend talking with Peter over the phone. Spatterdash, you may want to wait to get a jacket once things die down a bit. Peter is putting out 20-30 jackets out a day. He just sent 26 out today. Good news for me is, that he found my jacket and they are making me a new one and he said he would send it out by the end of the week.:shock: :D Peter is just an awesome guy and just has a great appreciation for his customers. Thanks Peter, and I am looking forward to getting my jacket. I highly recommend you call him over the phone. Right now they are extremely busy, he said there is jackets everywhere. So that might be why they cannot respond to every e-mail, they are extemely busy. Thanks again Peter.

IndianaChris
ztmario
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ztmario »

I just used the email listed on wested's website, and I received a response within literally 2 minutes from gemma. I think there were a total of 5 emails from her in three days leading up to and after placing my order. I HAD pm'd peter in the past and got no response, but this time I was pretty impressed.

for what it's worth, I'm still waiting to hear from USW from about a week ago.. and I'll agree that GB has amazing customer service.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

What address are you using for USW?

They usually answer on the same day, or no later than the next.

Something doesn't sound right. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

IndianaChris711 wrote: Peter is putting out 20-30 jackets out a day. He just sent 26 out today.
IndianaChris

-Hopefully mine is one of those! -ordered April 1.
Rom Hunter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Rom Hunter »

I'm also waiting with great anticipation.

Ordered mine on March, 27th.

8)
ztmario
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ztmario »

Michaelson wrote:What address are you using for USW?

Regards! Michaelson
I used info@uswings.com on the 12th. just a general question about sizing. mentioned I was a COW member, too.

out of curiosity, what accounts for some people waiting a month already for a wested, and other people posting that they got their custom's in as soon as two weeks?
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

ztmario wrote:what accounts for some people waiting a month already for a wested, and other people posting that they got their custom's in as soon as two weeks?
You refering to me??? I sent my jacket back over a month and half ago and apparently Wested got so busy that jackets got piled up and order kept piling in, that they forgot to start on a new one. He found my jacket and they are working on getting me a new one. :D Usually custom jackets take pretty long, usually about a month. Getting a custom in two weeks, must not be a lot of custom stuff on there on the jacket. I don't know I guess the rate of jackets varies. He is sending out though a lot of jackets each day and there can be a few mixups. Hopefully citRon and Rom Hunter will get their jackets soon. Keep up the good work Peter and thanks again.

IndianaChris
ztmario
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ztmario »

IndianaChris711 wrote:
ztmario wrote:what accounts for some people waiting a month already for a wested, and other people posting that they got their custom's in as soon as two weeks?
You refering to me??? I sent my jacket back over a month and half ago and apparently Wested got so busy that jackets got piled up and order kept piling in, that they forgot to start on a new one. He found my jacket and they are working on getting me a new one. :D Usually custom jackets take pretty long, usually about a month. Getting a custom in two weeks, must not be a lot of custom stuff on there on the jacket. I don't know I guess the rate of jackets varies. He is sending out though a lot of jackets each day and there can be a few mixups. Hopefully citRon and Rom Hunter will get their jackets soon. Keep up the good work Peter and thanks again.

IndianaChris
ah yeah.. your post kind of reminded me. if I get mine within the 21 working days.. I'll be happy.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Oh ok, I was not sure who you were directing getting their jacket in two weeks to. Sorry I did not mention that I ordered this jacket end of January, got the jacket near the end of February, and pretty much all my specifications were ignored. Sent it back right away, and figured Peter got it, he got it they just have been extremely busy. Peter is a gracious man over the phone, a true gentleman. Finding my jacket and getting me made a new one is just awesome. Thanks again Peter.

ztmario, hope your jacket turns out great. Can't wait to see pics. :D

IndianaChris
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

ztmario wrote:
Michaelson wrote:What address are you using for USW?

Regards! Michaelson
I used info@uswings.com on the 12th. just a general question about sizing. mentioned I was a COW member, too.
Very odd! Did you put 'To Sarge's Attention' in the subject title?

Regard! Michaelson