My first whip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Hunter Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

My first whip

Post by Hunter Jones »

I received my first whip yesterday, hurrah. I would have got it Friday, but my neighbour brought it in to his place to keep out of the rain and forgot about it until Saturday.

It is an 8' 8 plait Caicedo I purchased from louiefoxx. Thanks again louiefoxx.

Here's a tip though. Always open the box for your whips outdoors. Otherwise you might be tempted as I was to try cracking it straight away indoors. What a mess.

Here is the whip:

PyramidBlaster
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: "Tampa, Florida--Or, how I learned to stop worrying, and love the Bomb..."

Post by PyramidBlaster »

Here's a tip though. Always open the box for your whips outdoors. Otherwise you might be tempted as I was to try cracking it straight away indoors. What a mess.
That only happens if you haven't been practicing. I was cracking my 12' indoors the other day...Seems to happen to all of them when i'm finished with them. Good thing we don't have pets, and i'm a good shot...

Seriously, congratulations! Study up with the videos on YouTube...WAY more than I had when I was teaching myself in the backyard over a summer with a 12-footer! Ouch!

Also, if there's a Whip Enthusiasts meeting nearby, you'd most probably learn an incredible amount there....
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

HJ, congratulations on your first whip. :clap:

She's absolutely gorgeous! :P
Hunter Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hunter Jones »

Thanks. louiefoxx really did me a favour by selling this to me. The only thing is my wife doesn't like me swinging in and out of the tub on it. Go figure.
TReinman
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by TReinman »

Oooooh! In a scant few days I will be joining you! (Not in the tub... I just realized this note was posted adjacent to your last comment.)

No, Gus sent me a note today that my 8 footer is on it's way to me! WOO! I can't wait.

-- Tim
thefish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by thefish »

Hunter Jones wrote:Thanks. louiefoxx really did me a favour by selling this to me. The only thing is my wife doesn't like me swinging in and out of the tub on it. Go figure.
Oh for goodness sake! Haven't you people been READING? DON'T SWING ON YOUR WHIP over the tub!!!!!!!

It might get wet...

You need a nylon one for that ;-)

Happy Crackin'!

-Dan
Hunter Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hunter Jones »

What I really need is a terry cloth whip for in the tub. Yeah an 8' 12 plait terry cloth whip. ;)
thefish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by thefish »

Well, for true screen accuracy then, you need to get an Indy 4 Terry (Jacka) Cloth whip....

And with it, you can kick serious booty at wet towel fights...

Alright...Long Day...Too Silly...Time for bed....

-D