Whip cracking in SoCal

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Whip cracking in SoCal

Post by winrichwhips »

I'm going to be in Southern California for the next six weeks performing at the Southern California Pleasure Faire in Irwindale.

I'm staying in Duarte; if any of you want to get together to crack whips or need whip repairs done, just let me know and we can meet up somewhere.

If any of you are interested in coming to the faire, I have 20 free tickets for the fair, but they're only good for the next three weekends. I'll be more than happy to give tickets to any of you that I get to meet in person.

Kind Regards,

Adam
Shtick
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shtick »

Adam, my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to the Faire on one of the upcoming Sundays. I am very excited to see you perform. If you have a pair of tickets, we would be most appreciative. Perhaps there is a Guinness (or any beverage) with your name on it in exchange.

I will be bringing the Morgan I got from you, and wonder if I can get some pointers. Will this be allowed at faire, or would it have to be done off-grounds?
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Where is Irwindale?

Shane
Shtick
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shtick »

The Faire is basically where the 605 meets the 210 freeway.
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

Yup, that's where the fair is, and I'm staying about two miles from the fair site.

Shtick, if you want to meet up sometime on a weeknight to make the tickets-beer exchange, just let me know when and where. There's kind of a lot of people at the fair site, so I think it'd be better for me to give you whip pointers at some other time, maybe at a park near your house.

-Adam

PS: Here's a link to some pics of me performing at the fair this last weekend (You'll have to scroll down a little and click on 'Adam Crack' to get to the pics)

http://web.mac.com/johnleonetti/cracktice
thefish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by thefish »

Hey Adam!

Jack Burton called. He wants his boots back. ;-)

Have a good trip, and remember...

...It's all in the reflexes....

-D