An Inside Look at Camptown Hat Company LTD. *UPDATE*

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

That sounds great! I can't wait to read about it and wish Ken great luck in getting out of the lawyer biz. :wink:
Hunter Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hunter Jones »

Be sure to take plenty of pictures, please.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

The obvious one is "What promted you to begin making hats?"

Dave
Argonaut
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Argonaut »

webhead73 wrote:With the big interview coming up on Friday...are there any questions YOU would like me to as Ken at Camptown Hats? Submit your questions here or send me a PM.
Yeah. When is my hat gonna be done? :mrgreen:

Just joshin. I really have no idea what to ask. This should be cool anyway.
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

I can't wait to see it. Sounds Great! The only question I would have is what got you into wanting to be a hat maker? What was your inspiration?

Cheers!

Dan
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I've heard a lot of this from Ken in the past year +, but it's neat to read more details!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your article, Web. Are there more photos coming?

Nice job! :D

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I hope you can capture the blood, sweat and tears Ken has shed to make the Camptown happen.

I could tell you of phone call after phone call between Ken and myself a couple winters ago as he bounced ideas off me and worked to put this company together, all the while juggling his law work and family resposibilities.....but then, I'm sure you captured the whole story, and in Ken's words. :wink:

We talk in glowing terms of Steve and Marc, for example, and their passion to the hatmaking art....but there are others here...Ken has the same passion....and pride in that product.

I just 'know' stuff. These folks DO stuff. Completely different animals, and folks to truly respect!! :tup:

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

COOOLLLLL! :D

Regards! Michaelson
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Super cool!! That was a good & informative read. I can't wait for the next installment.

Cheers!

Dan
WalkingEye
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by WalkingEye »

nice article, looking foward to the rest!

looking at the photos of the factory makes me wish i could go and check out the operation in person... i love old machines and i love hats even more... very cool.
IndianaSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician
Location: New York City..."You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

Post by IndianaSolo »

That was the day I went to pickup my Fieldmaster. Ken is a great guy and I LOVE my fieldmaster. I wish him nothing BUT the BEST!! Way to go Ken.

Charles