How do you replace the popper or cracker???

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

How do you replace the popper or cracker???

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Hey guys, well I have just about worn out my pro-poly popper out and now it needs to be replaced. I am debating on whether putting the nylon one in Joe Strain gave me or another pro-poly popper in there. I guess the first thing is how do I undo the know Joe did on the fall and how do I replace the popper?? I am just a beginner so I am asking before I proceed. I practiced probably about 4-5 times, times I practiced for a half and hour or more. So I guess pro-poly poppers tend to wear extremely quickly once you crack the whip a lot. So any help you guys have for me would be greatly appreciated.

IndianaChris
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Here is a video of me tying off a popper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svd_lfGHMMs

Here is a good thread with a diagram (one of many ways to tie a popper):
viewtopic.php?p=85937#85937
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Thanks for the help Sergei, the youtube video really helps how to get a new popper on. The thread is also very helpful. I will see if I can try to get a new popper on there and if I need anymore help I know where to go. :D Thanks for the help and I think I am going to go with a another pro-poly popper even though they tend to wear out pretty fast and then I will put on the nylon popper Joe gave me.

Thanks,

IndianaChris
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Woooohoooo.....I did it..... :D :lol: I tied on my first cracker hopefully it stays in that knot. Thanks for the help Sergei, I really appreciate it.

IndianaChris