Anyone have a Disney Indy Jacket?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

darkon
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Anyone have a Disney Indy Jacket?

Post by darkon »

I am just curious about the Disney Adventure Wear Indy Jacket. What kind of leather was it made of? How dows it look? How was the color? How was the sizing and the fit? I saw a couple on Ebay the past month and have been wondering about them. I have been reading about what everyone likes and dislikes in a jacket, actually making it very difficult on me. I am probably going to go with a Wested or US Wings, more in line of my budget. I have to thank IndianaTexas Girl with her help, again made my decision harder between goat and cow. I prefer a heavier leather jacket, something durable..
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

Your best man for this is Disney Art - he's a member here too! He's our "expert" on the Disney.... :wink:

I think _'s seen a few too.....
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

One tip... if you're going to buy a jacket.. Wested is great! :lol:
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

The problem with the "Disney" jacket, is that they have changed through it's history. I've got one from 1994 that I love. It has the bag straps reversed, a pointier collar than normal and shoulder pads, but other then that, I love it! I'll be posting info and pictures on this jacket and others once my Wested comes in... Peter?

Kind regards,
Indy
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

One word, Wested... Two more words, Lambstouch Cowhide.

I think you hear me knocking, and you know what... Peter's with me with a tape measure. Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch.

>>>> Sorry for the Denis Leary reference. After all the Wested's I've seen, only one word comes to mind; Awesome.
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Anyone have a Disney Indy Jacket?

Post by Indiana Joe »

darkon wrote:I am probably going to go with a Wested or US Wings, more in line of my budget. I have to thank IndianaTexas Girl with her help, again made my decision harder between goat and cow. I prefer a heavier leather jacket, something durable..
The Disney jacket is not exactly screen-accurate but that's been mentioned above.

For a better price you can get a much better jacket from Wested and then choose a style from one of the three films. Wested will even custom-tailor your jacket with the measurements you give them and there's no extra charge. In fact, with shipping from Britain, the cost is under $275 (I just paid early last week and had a lot of mods).

If money is no object, go for the Expedition. I had the seal chrome goat for quite some time and wore it almost everyday. I loved that thing (almost too much) but I sold it to get the Wested and Kepler fedora.

If durability is what you want, cow is great. However, scientifically speaking, goat is the strongest, darkon. And, you won't find a better leather than goat if you want water-repellancy. Remember, back in the thirties, it was the U. S. Navy that decided on goatskin for its water-repellant qualities for their flight jackets.

You need a jacket with which you will be happy so take your time with all the choices. Remember to consider how much screen-accuracy you want and how you will wear your jacket (at the office or on adventure in the woods). Also consider price and some gearheads may even consider brand (Wings, Disney, Flightsuits, etc.).

Happy Hunting,

I.J.
darkon
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by darkon »

My cousin has a friend who has the Disney jacket, and have been telling him that I always wanted an Indy jacket. It actually doesn't look bad, looks like my bomber jacket with the distessed look. The one thing that I like about it is that it has the snap cuffs. I know that is not accurate at all. Like I posted before I am trying to budget myself for a jacket, a few expenses will be coming up very soon, my basset hound has to get spayed in 3 weeks. Right now what I wanted was the predistressed cow from either Wings or Wested, but after reading reviews of the goat and how that looks and lasts I may go that way. I do want a heavier leather, just like the feel of a heavier , durable hide..I really appreciate all the info and advice that everyone is posting...

Darrell
Indiana Philip
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Philip »

darkon wrote: I do want a heavier leather, just like the feel of a heavier , durable hide..
Darrell
I'm with you on that one! I've got the lambtouch Wested, and it's a work of art, but just too lightweight for me. I'll keep it for a warm weather jacket, but hopefully I'll have a new cowhide soon.
Indiana Philip
Disney Art
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Disney Art »

Minnesota_Jones wrote:Your best man for this is Disney Art - he's a member here too! He's our "expert" on the Disney.... :wink:

I think _'s seen a few too.....
Thanks for the praise. The current Disney stock is shown on my web site. this is what Walt Disney World's looks like right now.

They have changed over the years. Disneyland did offer a closer to the orginal the last time I was there about a year ago.

As a side note. I went and saw the Indy Stunt show at Disney MGM tonight. The shirt, pants, hat, etc. were dead on BUT the jacket looked like a leather version of an Army M-65 field jacket. I guess they have to wear it baggy for live stage stunts.
darkon
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by darkon »

thanks Disney Art. I appreciate the pic. Like I posted before, I could get my cousins friend jacket , which will be a lot cheaper than buying a new one. The one thing i like about it is the snaps on the cuffs, I know this isn't accurate at all. what is your website? Do you sell any jackets?

Darrell
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Disney Art wrote:
Minnesota_Jones wrote:As a side note. I went and saw the Indy Stunt show at Disney MGM tonight. The shirt, pants, hat, etc. were dead on.
Did they change their hats? Last I heard they were using the standard Disney fedora...definitely not a dead on hat.
Disney Art
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Disney Art »

darkon wrote:thanks Disney Art. I appreciate the pic. Like I posted before, I could get my cousins friend jacket , which will be a lot cheaper than buying a new one. The one thing i like about it is the snaps on the cuffs, I know this isn't accurate at all. what is your website? Do you sell any jackets?

Darrell
My website is in my profile and no, I don't sell jackets. But...
If you want to, this is Walt Disney Worlds info.
(reprinted from a previous post)
They have a service called DelivEARS.
Phone 407-363-6200
Thier hours are 8AM-10PM (EST) Monday-Friday, 8AM-8PM (EST) Sat. and Sun.
E-mail wdw.mail.order@disney.com

These are the same jackets that are sold in the shop next to the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
The price for a Youth size is $145
Disney also uses SKU numbers to identify all their merchandise.

Youth Jacket SKU#
40020179186 Medium
40020179187 Large
40020179188 X-Large

Shipping charges:
Ground USPS $15.95
Fed Ex $29.95
Fex Ex Econ. $25.95

The youth model is closer to a suede. It has a "map" pattern liner that is 100% polyester satin. The cuffs have snaps to seal out the weather and snaps at the top and bottom of the storm flap.

Prices subject to change without notice. Addtional fees and/or taxes may apply. Call or write Walt Disney World for futher details.