Best Way to Size a Wested (Yes Again)

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

feathers73
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Best Way to Size a Wested (Yes Again)

Post by feathers73 »

Can someone refer me to a site or link within this forum that would give me details regarding how to properly size a Wested Indy Jacket? I have a US Wings XXL (import) that is just a little snug and I want a wested, I just don't know how to go about figuring my right size.

Thanks
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Sizing between different manufacturers varies. But I would guess that, if you have an XXL and it is still too small, you would probably require a custom-fitted jacket.

Jack
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Best thing to do is go to the order form on Wested's site, write down all the dimensions the form asks for (relevant to a jacket), then find a local tailor or place that does alterations and ask them to measure you up. Otherwise, you could measure your own chest, and then measure the sleeves of a jacket that has the length you like. That's actuallt what I did.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

You beat me too it Chewie - Yes, peter's site will give you everything you need to be fitted properly. You do need to remember that you need to take into consideration what you will be normally wearing under the jacket. depending on the size you may want to make room for sweaters and the like. Also, if you have a little bit of a belly or a big belly, you need to consider jacket length as shorter lengths may give you trouble with the ride up effect.

Good Luck!

Mike