Yet another JPD -- great work Jimmy!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

pastimesteve
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Yet another JPD -- great work Jimmy!

Post by pastimesteve »

Well, much to my surprise, I received my JPD Indy hat yesterday, about a month earlier than I expected. :D Way to go Jimmy!

The hat itself is awesome, just a great piece of work, and even better, it was custom made for me! Jimmy even added in a personalized touch to the liner (pics later). I'm extremely impressed and I highly recommend JPD for your hat needs (nothing against Steve and Marc -- they both make beautiful hats).

Now, I have zero experience with fedoras, so I'm not sure how this looks on me. I mean, I think it looks good, but my wife gave me a strange look when I tried it on at first. Even the greatest hat isn't going to help if my features don't match up.

Here are a couple of pics:

Please give me your honest thoughts,
Steve
Last edited by pastimesteve on Tue May 15, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Seuss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr.Seuss »

Steve:

When did you place your order? 5 1/2 crown?

For my two cents, from the face on shot, I like the crown width vs your face width. Looks like a keeper.

(What's the technique to post pictures?)

Sincerely,
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

Nice Hat ! What part of Colorado do you live in ?
kobol
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by kobol »

Looks good.
I would call it a keeper.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

the hat look good. It's funny how in the 2 photo's you don't look like the same person to me.

Your wife may not like fedora's???
pastimesteve
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by pastimesteve »

Guys -- thanks for the feedback.

It's a 5 1/2" crown with Jimmy's standard brim dimensions.

I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area. And, sure Webhead, shoot me a PM.

Bendingoak -- First, I'm not sure why I look different...I have to look at myself everyday. In what way do I look different? :wink: I think the deal with my wife is she can't get past the tall crown. She's struggling with that aspect of the hat and she's not used to seeing me (or anyone) wearing a fedora. The funny thing is she loved this goofy Australian outback hat I bought from Target a few years ago. Thank goodness she accidentally washed it, shrinking it beyond use. The only reason why I ever wore that thing is it was a great sun block.

Steve
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

I think the deal with my wife is she can't get past the tall crown.
My wife said the same thing. :wink:
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

You don't look the same to me. You look a little heavy in the secound pic. Maybe it's the way the first one was taken.

that hat looks great. I think you wife will get used to it. The hat looks great with the clothing in the 2nd. shot very well. I like the look.
Dr.Seuss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr.Seuss »

webhead73 wrote:Pastimesteve,

I will be in Colorado in August...Denver and Fort Collins. We should try and have a beer together while I am there...first round is on me!
Let me know when the party starts, I'm in Denver.

Sincerely,
kobol
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by kobol »

I get the same thing in regards to the crown height from others. They are used to seeing the more common shorter crown fedoras and brims. But I still receive plenty of nice comments on the JPD though.

To be honest when I first switched over from my Stetson Chatham to the JPD, I thought the crown was a little tall. But now I feel the opposite, I think my Stetson is too short. It just took a quick adjustment period to get used to the different look.
prairiejones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: In the damp jungles of Peru, drinking Dewar's with Pagey.

Post by prairiejones »

Looks great. Another excellent Indy Fedora. Especially the straight on picture. It really helps to get some distance between the camera and the subject.